The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Preparation

Old 06-08-2016, 06:31 AM
Senior Member Formerly ageorgantas

Default Get Rid of Garden Pests

I am not much of a gardener, but I came across this neat article about great ways to keep pests out of your garden without chemicals, so I thought I would share. http://www.lifeaspire.com/6071/unusu...f-your-garden/

Greek Girl
Old 06-08-2016, 08:52 AM

Thank you! Fun sight with fun rabbit trails!
Old 06-08-2016, 09:49 AM
Mod-er-rator

Awe, just last night I hung some CD's on my tomato cages to keep the birds away.

They also do not like snakes. So fasteningg a short length of rope (maybe 15-18 inches) that has been covered in aluminum helps. Old aluminum pie pans strung up with fishing line also will keep birds from devouring one's crop.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 06-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Mod-er-rator

P. S. Read about the soap deer deterrent in Greek Girl's initial article.

There was a you tube video a while ago that I saw and implemented the technique and it works!

Turn 5 gallon buckets upside down. Put clean, empty cat food cans on top or use metal washers. String fishing line (8-10 pound test will do) between the buckets making sure to loop in the metal cans or washers. IF a deer tests the line with their calf the metal objects will fall off and startle them especially in the night or early morning hours.

The you tube video showed the man's garden, without a fence, which he said had not been ravaged by deer in years. Also the 5 gallon bucket height is purr-fect that no kitty cat or small (medium sized) dog would get caught in the fishing line.

This is a no toxin remedy to deter the deer......

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."