The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 06-06-2011, 05:23 AM
Banned

Default Uncovering the darkness

I have a couple of thoughts here, one, the Kingdom of darkness is hidden, the power of darkness is from the hidden nature of that Kingdom...in other words; Satan derives power in his kingdom from remaining hidden outside the view of the public. So to conceal that Kingdom he (Satan and his agents) must keep that Kingdom and their works in darkness so that it will remain hidden and retain it's power.

That power of the darkness is found in the lie. a lie conceals the truth, and truth is of the light, it exposes that which is hidden. If the light begins to expose the darkness, then that Kingdom of darkness is in danger of loosing it's power, so it forces their agents to do "damage control" to keep it hidden. That may mean trying to throw a fuss, or to be offended by the light. A person may be manipulated to throw a fuss when they are not aware of what they are doing. Even Peter was used of Satan when he tried to talk the Lord out of going to Jerusalem.

Spiritual warfare is only for those wo are well grounded in sound scriptural knowledge and doctrine, not for novices. Satan has thousands of years of experience in keeping his kingdom hidden, and any light that exposes that kingdom is a threat to it. Also, one of the most effective weapons the devil has is that of fear. Fear is faith in the Devil. Anytime that a person experiences something outside their "box" of spiritual experince it has the opportunity to produce fear. Fear is a response that protects us, it tells us when to "fight or flight". But to those who are well versed in the bible, the devil has a difficult time causing fear in the believer.

The whole of the matter is this, don't step foot on the battlefield until you are prepared to fight. But when it is time to fight, then "stand having done all to stand in the evil day." We are called to be overcomers...so overcome!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:16 AM

Default Conspiracy theory cop-out term

In the usual vernacular when trying to wake people up to the NWO or all the inconsistecies of the Fed govt 911 stories or even JFK, people always say to me, something like, "So you believe in conspiracy theories?" 99+% of people live in a fantasy world. They have created their own world filled all their feel-good devices to get through life. Very few ever face their own faults much less see how evil the govt is and in many cases so-called christian churches. It is extremely hard for me to have conversations about anything meaningful because people are so consumed with nonsensical notions. I like sports and movies but many people are devoted to pop-culture where it has become the driving force in this country. Then I talk to people who are christians---they seem to be born-again but they get inspiration from people like Joel Olsteen. I try to lead them into some areas of truth but most just change the subject and start to avoid me. It is sad and really scary. I know maybe 3 people that understand at least part of what is happening. Others have told me that what I am saying may be true but they dont want to talk about it.
Isaiah 54:17 "No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me," declares the LORD.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:10 PM

Default Conspiracy Theories

If the things I`ve heard talked about in Jesse Ventura`s Conspiracy Theory shows are true they are certainly some things that people should consider.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:14 AM

Default For what its worth

My wife and I were on vacation in St Pete, Fl. As we exited a large shopping mall we encountered a Security Guard. My wife engaged him in conversation and all three of his brought up certain topics. The guard was cautious at first but when he ascertained that we were Christians with conservative biblical viewpoints, he said some starting things in a somewhat rambling style till his supervisor interrupted and said he needed to go to another area. Some of things he said:

He was trained by DHS for "FEMA Camp control" and he could not tell us what this training was as he had to sign a NDA Non-Disclosure Agreement. He also said that he thought that "FEMA Camps were death camps". His Friend told him he saw 2 Russian Migs in the Tamp Bay Area in the last 6 months. He himself said he had seen 2 drones over St Pete.

He went to state the biggest Gay Pride Parade takes place in the St Pete Beach area and he said what they do during this parade is very disgusting.

This happened last week approx. Aug 21. Talk about a wake up message!
Isaiah 54:17 "No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me," declares the LORD.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Mod-er-rator

Yes, daveziklag

...... some folks are waking up. I was in the checkout stand at the grocery store about ten days ago, plus or minus, when the folks behind me started talking with the cashier about what is happening in Cyprus and that it was coming here.

The Lord GOD is trying to awaken HIS people, for ALL the generations are HIS servants and HIS tools whether they know HIM or not.

Thanks for the update.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 08-25-2013, 02:21 PM

Default Truth...what is it good for?

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." -Sir Winston Churchill.

"if someone has enough courage to ask you a question seriously, then you should be brave enough to answer truthfully"- Cameron Milton

..."the truth will set you free.” - John 8:32

"I am obsessed with finding the truth... when I found out the Catholic Church was lying to me, I started to understand that if I wanted to find out the truth, I needed to do it myself." ME
Old 08-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisDoulas View Post
Yes, daveziklag

...... some folks are waking up. I was in the checkout stand at the grocery store about ten days ago, plus or minus, when the folks behind me started talking with the cashier about what is happening in Cyprus and that it was coming here.

The Lord GOD is trying to awaken HIS people, for ALL the generations are HIS servants and HIS tools whether they know HIM or not.

Thanks for the update.

It's so hard for me living in this dichotomy where it seems no one around me even gets the mildest idea of how serious any of the stuff happening is... It's so hard to interact with other people when none of this stuff can even be addressed... I'm not interested in the latest episode of "Top shot" or who's playing who on Monday night football.... so there isn't much to converse about

I realize that every single person on this forum knows exactly what I am talking about, but it feels good to just state it. It's frustrating....
Old 08-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
It's so hard for me living in this dichotomy where it seems no one around me even gets the mildest idea of how serious any of the stuff happening is... It's so hard to interact with other people when none of this stuff can even be addressed... I'm not interested in the latest episode of "Top shot" or who's playing who on Monday night football.... so there isn't much to converse about

I realize that every single person on this forum knows exactly what I am talking about, but it feels good to just state it. It's frustrating....
Travis,

do you ever feel as though you are living in another reality?

I mean like, you are in real time and they are in the twilight zone? You are talking and living in a zone that does not compute, is foreign to them. It is so unreal that although you speak in English..... they listen in a Martian dialect and respond, IF they even do, accordingly.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 08-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisDoulas View Post
Travis,

do you ever feel as though you are living in another reality?

I mean like, you are in real time and they are in the twilight zone? You are talking and living in a zone that does not compute, is foreign to them. It is so unreal that although you speak in English..... they listen in a Martian dialect and respond, IF they even do, accordingly.
Exactly. Sometimes I just think I'm flat out insane