The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 10-10-2015, 01:12 PM

Default Question for those who observe the Torah

As I see it in the Old Testament, the Torah is a lot more than just observing the Ten Commandments and the Feasts. It also includes many other laws such as stoning homosexuals, rebellious children, and those who commit adultery. So, if we are to observe the Torah completely today we would also have to do these things. I have never had the Torah observers explain this to me.
Luke 9:23-24, "And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it."
Old 01-15-2016, 09:44 AM

Default Thank you so much.

Hi Nathan,

I was listening to what seemed like good biblical teaching a while back, and appreciated it. Then it started to get strange, pushing (gently) to celebrate the Jewish holidays, regulations on food, and the Sabbath. I have not listened to them since.

If true Christians would just earnestly pray as they read the Word, and study it to show themselves approved, we would have a strong and powerful Church....busy with the Lord's will, not fighting against each other.

Why, we might even have a revival in this country! We might see people turned around to do what is right! Maybe (a heady thought!) pray for our leaders and see righteousness start to abound from the those with great authority!

But Christians are locked into a struggle fomented by the enemy of God and men. There is little unity or being of one mind, like in the early chapters of Acts.

How sad, what a shame before the Lord, the strife and the proud thoughts of some that corrupt many.

Take care, Nathan. Thank you for taking a stand.

You and Donna are a true blessing.

Phyllis

Last edited by Phyllis; 01-15-2016 at 09:48 AM.