The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Preparation

Old 04-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Default Back to Eden gardening youtube

I am going to watch this tomorrow..anyone who sees if first..please share.

http://www.backtoedenfilm.com/
Old 04-04-2016, 10:29 AM
Mod-er-rator

What an encouraging movie for those who love gardening and want to see some really bountiful "fruit" for their labors.

Thanks for posting it, Donna.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 04-04-2016, 11:44 AM

Thank you. Checking it out now.

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741
Old 04-04-2016, 02:54 PM

Debbie and I watched it quite a few years ago. For 2 years I've been covering the garden with 6 inches or so of old hay and manure. Then I run over it with the brush hog to chop it up some. But I've also been tilling it in before the next season to build up the quality of the dirt. Hopefully next year I will not have to till.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:49 PM

Ill have to check this out. At my house we only garden organic. Im excited to plant my garden. Garlic is in the ground. I have watermelon , tomatos, and peppers started indoors. And plenty more to start. I love this time of the year. I like my hands covered in dirt rather than oil( im a machinist).
Old 04-04-2016, 06:37 PM

My husband an I watched the questions and answers tonight on the back to Eden website. Tilling stuff into the dirt causes nitrate problems. He said that it is best not to till stuff into the dirt and just let it lay on top.

We order the video. Waiting for it to get here.

Just bought some plants today and going to have to do something tomorrow.

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741
Old 05-03-2016, 02:43 PM

There's a sustainable growing book that was on shelves around 2007, describing research in growing food crops in natural settings.

They did experiments growing vegetables in unweeded ground, among natural local plants. For the most part, they produced better untended. (Removing overhead leaves, predators, and choking vines of course.) The roots of each plant deposited different nutrients, and helped anchor the soil. I usually throw a few vegetable plants into the flower garden.

Debatable of course, using thousands of years of agriculture as evidence. But if anyone is worried about clearing and rototilling a large area, consider the alternatives.