The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Preparation

Old 06-08-2016, 10:25 AM
Mod-er-rator

A inexpensive add to the compilation of ideas......

Diatomaceous Earth (DE) and bay leaves. Both can add years to one's edibles ie: rice and grains by killing bugs directly within a bucket. It can be consumed with no flavor or adverse affects. And folks with chickens use it in their hen house to get rid of bugs.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 07-10-2016, 04:06 PM

Mineral spirits are not just flammable, but being volatile means particles waft through the air and you're breathing it in. It's easy to get a headache from volatile gases, and that probably means also eye and lung damage and whatever else comes in contact with molecules. (Carcinogen?) Workspaces that store these are required to use hoods for ventilation.

It's probably fine for starting fires and quick spurts. Keep the metal can, inside a metal can. Outside. In a dirt hole. And then you can burn it.

Give me oil in my lamp, I pray, hallelujah!
Old 07-10-2016, 04:07 PM

I was surprised by the bandana on the list. Think of all the guys who blow their noses daily with bandanas.

(Not to be confused with bananas)
Old 08-03-2016, 03:24 PM

Good evening Everyone~

Thought I would add a few extra items to store (maybe not the first to sell out in stores) but wise to have extra on hand:

1. Blankets (including Mylar emergency blankets to keep warm/dry)
keep some in each vehicle too. You can buy them on Amazon.
Keep extra blankets in strategic areas as well. Keep at least a couple of warm winter hats/gloves/mittens and good socks for each person plus extras for charity or barter...

2. White vinegar- just look up the uses on the web! Everything from flavoring food, sanitizing objects including cutting tools, eating utensils, making your own sanitizing spray 1:1 vinegar to water, antiseptic for minor wounds...

3. Extra burn barrel, since it is likely there may be a time without regular garbage pick-up

4. Hard candy with vitamin C - I keep Yummy Organics vitamin C lollipops on hand (recommend storing in a mason jar) as well as other vitamins

5. Powdered pro-biotics- good for your immune system and GI tract,
especially helpful if one catches a GI virus...it will limit severity and return your GI function much more speedily than without

6. Rain catchment systems very easy to do off the down spout of your roof
into a food grade storage barrel or cube

Lastly one book I highly recommend is the Survival Medicine Handbook by J and J Alton... very easy reading, wealth of information (you can buy it on Amazon)

That's it for now....

A prudent person foresees the danger coming and takes precautions Proverbs 27:12

The Good LORD bless each and all of you!