The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > The Rabbit Hole

Old 09-02-2016, 06:47 AM

My friend emailed this to me, and I thought it was a brilliant insight:

Quote:

What an idea from a man at the DMV. We got to talking with him about how everyone was on their phones. One thing lead to another and this Pokemon Go thing came up. He hates it, like us, but had very good insight to why it's here. And it makes total sense.

With all cell phones connected to satellites and GPS tracks with satellites ... GPS can only go so far with google car. So, create a game which everyone will flock to and use their phone to map the area for us. As they try to catch the monster they are taking pictures and don't know it. (They flip the screen with a finger multiple times to catch. The more you catch the more free food you get at restaurants in convenience stores)

It's the perfect way to get in the homes and private yards. People wander everywhere without paying attention to where they are. One kid fell off a cliff here.

All cell phones cameras are always on...with everyone plugged in to the same network... ALL pictures will be logged and mapped. Now "they" have maps of EVERYTHING. And we did it to ourselves.

Wow never thought of this but makes so much sense.

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 09-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Senior Member Formerly ageorgantas

Default Not good.

Wow. If that's true, that's brilliant. Evil, but brilliant.

Technology today is wayyyy to smart already if you ask me. My Google driving ap tells me in the morning how many minutes it is to work -- without me asking. Right about 4:00, it tells me how many minutes to get home -- again without request. I was kidding my husband that the ap is quite the slave driver telling me when to go to work and come home, and he said that ALL the satellites that are used for GPS are government-owned. Uncle Sam has my whereabouts and schedule on a lock. Scary thought.

Greek Girl
Old 09-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Mod-er-rator

Yeah, but google is a stupid speller. It's a good thing I use it very sparingly and only with folks who know me well. Because when voice activated it says things I never said and makes atrocious grammatical and punctuation errors.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 09-14-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisDoulas View Post
Don't think it is harmless as folks are trying saying. To quote a friend:
My longtime friend's 14 year old daughter showed me the game while we were at a grocery store in Maryland this summer. Coming out of the store, her phone alerted her to the image and she showed me her phone screen, which showed the sidewalk in front of us just as my own eyes saw it except for the little cartoon creature which she quickly "caught" with a wrist motion and her pokeball.

It seemed relatively harmless. BUT.

I was looking for something to watch on TV (a less and less productive effort) and came across the Walking Dead series and thought how bizarre it will be when they create the same sort of "game" with Zombies.

And how very, very horrible.

I think the timing of this technology is beyond coincidence. My heart is heavy.