The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Health and Physical Well Being

Old 10-08-2016, 03:11 AM
Mod-er-rator

Default Turmeric.........Wonder Spice?

Fights Cancer, too?

Quote:
Curcumin provides high levels of antioxidant protection – 13 times higher than Blueberries.

It offer numerous health benefits since they are powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial agents......... ..........

Curcumin is capable of crossing your blood-brain barrier, which is one factor that has led researchers to investigate its potential as a neuroprotective agent for neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease.

Another common condition that can benefit from curcumin’s anti-inflammatory activity is osteoarthritis. Research16 published in 2011 found that patients who added 200 mg of curcumin a day to their treatment plan had reduced pain and increased mobility.

http://blogs.naturalnews.com/turmeri...mation-cancer/

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 10-08-2016, 03:28 AM
Mod-er-rator

According to wiki:

Quote:
Turmeric is under study for its potential to affect human diseases, including Alzheimer's disease and diabetes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turmeric

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 10-08-2016, 05:08 AM

Thanks for posting this. I knew some of the info, but not all of it. Hubby and I have been taking it faithfully for several weeks now. In fact, I stopped my aspirin therapy because I read that turmeric was better for me.

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 10-13-2016, 07:23 AM

I'm taking Benedryl to help me sleep (natural products aren't strong enough) and was feeling really groggy and had brain fog. Since I started adding a teaspoon of turmeric to my rice during cooking, my mind has been clearer. Now how to get mom to take some - she hates any spices associated with Indian food.
Psalm 37:39-40 "39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble. 40 And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.".
Old 10-13-2016, 07:34 AM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruth View Post
I'm taking Benedryl to help me sleep (natural products aren't strong enough) and was feeling really groggy and had brain fog. Since I started adding a teaspoon of turmeric to my rice during cooking, my mind has been clearer. Now how to get mom to take some - she hates any spices associated with Indian food.
Can she take turmeric supplements (encapsulated with a small quantity of black pepper)? It, in combination with dark cherry supplements, really seems to diminish inflammation in the body as well as joint pain.

Of course, you can pack your own into empty capsules, but it is messy and the yellow powder stains anything it comes into contact with ie: hands, counter tops and utensils. Both supplements are relatively inexpensive on-line.