The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Health and Physical Well Being

Old 10-21-2016, 04:11 AM

Default Sleep Study

Went for a sleep study last night. I couldn't check in until 8:30. My normal bedtime is 8:30 or before. Took a melatonin before I left home. Took another one shortly before she started hooking me up to all of the gadgets.

When I finally started trying to go to sleep, which wasn't until after 10, it still took me nearly an hour to get to sleep. The lights 'knocked' about every 60 seconds while cooling down, and it took over an hour before it stopped. Then at 5am, they come in and wake you up. So much for getting a good night's sleep.

She did see 'a handful of breathing issues,' but she didn't feel it was enough to warrant a CPAP. However, that will be up to the doctor. She did see some leg movement while I was in sleep mode. Now I need to start reading about the side effects of those meds so I know in advance whether or not I want to take them. If they can cause drowsiness during the day, forget it. I won't want to take them.

If anyone here has any wisdom regarding meds/herbal supplements for restless legs, feel free to share!

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 10-21-2016, 05:22 AM

We have an real old dog with arthritis. When she's in REM sleep her legs move like she's a puppy running. I can surely relate to that and don't see a problem with it.

I suspect in sleep we are partially in a different dimension. I've come to think of other dimensions as the different levels of heaven. Who knows, maybe the Lord is just preparing you for something.

I don't remember dreams too much. But I think that may be my fault, just being lazy. I do know from experience you can improve your recall of dreams. When you first wake up, don't do anything but try to remember what you were thinking. If you do this all the time you will get better at it. But I also know that if the Lord want's you to remember a dream it can be so strong when you wake up that you will have no problem remembering it at all.