The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > The Courtyard of Discussion

Old 10-20-2016, 03:41 PM
Senior Member Formerly ageorgantas

Default Truth isn't nice

Lots of people apparently think that speaking truth when it isn't nice -- isn't nice.

Today on FB, I got a big screaming earful and accused of "stoning" the brethren just like those persecuting Christians on the outside. All I did was point out that someone's prophecies hadn't come to pass and questioned those who defended the person by saying "it was a spiritual fulfillment" or "we prayed it away." How many times do you overlook the "misses" because of the "hits"? If someone is speaking as if the words come from God, shouldn't that person be held accountable when the words fall to the ground? And when others are poo-pooing and giving the benefit of the doubt, is it wrong to give evidence to the contrary?

This isn't the first time I've come up against the struggle between truth and harmony. My instincts say that NOTHING trumps truth. Jesus is the Truth. The truth is the protection against the dark -- it's the white to the black of the world. It makes no sense to me that people would NOT want to hear about it if a "prophetess" said things that didn't come to pass, but MANY in the discussion just asked for people to "pray for her" (which I HAVE been doing a LOT lately) and quit "bringing up her shortcomings."

If I'm wrong, tell me I'm wrong.

Greek Girl
Old 10-20-2016, 06:09 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek Girl View Post
Lots of people apparently think that speaking truth when it isn't nice -- isn't nice.

Today on FB, I got a big screaming earful and accused of "stoning" the brethren just like those persecuting Christians on the outside. All I did was point out that someone's prophecies hadn't come to pass and questioned those who defended the person by saying "it was a spiritual fulfillment" or "we prayed it away." How many times do you overlook the "misses" because of the "hits"? If someone is speaking as if the words come from God, shouldn't that person be held accountable when the words fall to the ground? And when others are poo-pooing and giving the benefit of the doubt, is it wrong to give evidence to the contrary?

This isn't the first time I've come up against the struggle between truth and harmony. My instincts say that NOTHING trumps truth. Jesus is the Truth. The truth is the protection against the dark -- it's the white to the black of the world. It makes no sense to me that people would NOT want to hear about it if a "prophetess" said things that didn't come to pass, but MANY in the discussion just asked for people to "pray for her" (which I HAVE been doing a LOT lately) and quit "bringing up her shortcomings."

If I'm wrong, tell me I'm wrong.

Greek Girl
You are not wrong, sister.

Truth is not convenient. Truth is not some fluffy, smooth words that condone a false prophecy. IF someone is going to allow themselves to be called a prophet, then he or she (a prophetess) has to be held accountable.

And we mortals do not "pray anything away." (This remark of mine is not to be mistaken to binding and loosening, which is recorded in scripture). We may pray for GOD's perfect will. Or pray for His permissive will. But, nevertheless, it is His will that we seek, not our own.

In my humble opinion, too many folks are calling themselves, or allowing other people to call them prophets or apostles and they need to go back to Disciple 101 class.

Compromising with truth gets believers into trouble, 100% of the time. If someone's prophecy falls to the ground then there is definitely something wrong with their "hearing," from The Lord GOD.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 10-20-2016, 06:18 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
......... ......

Greek Girl
P. S. Sister...... Perhaps I am mistaken, but this sounds very much like the NAR-speak and dominion-ist false teachings that claim we are co-creators with GOD and can super naturally speak things into being or away.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 10-21-2016, 06:14 PM

Default Thank you!

Thank you for your words, HisDoulas. When I said "we prayed it away," that was just me paraphrasing the people who said that the saints prayed/repented/asked God to soften/stop the event -- so He did. (If My people who are called by My name...)

Greek Girl
Old 10-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Thank you for your words, HisDoulas. When I said "we prayed it away," that was just me paraphrasing the people who said that the saints prayed/repented/asked God to soften/stop the event -- so He did. (If My people who are called by My name...)

Greek Girl
I understand what you are saying Greek Girl.

Perhaps I am wrong, but too often I find there is an ambiguity or a vagueness in many prophecies. Like a way out or a plan B or plan C just in case their words fall to the ground.

That sort of thinking can lead one to (praying away) pride, like they have the power to change an event. GOD is long suffering no doubt. Look how long the nation of Israel lived under Egypt's rule (over four hundred years). Or how long between the last book in the old testament, Malachi, and the new testament, Matthew, over 450 years.

I am not saying we can not pray and ask GOD to effect a change. But, mostly it is humans that must re-order their thinking rather than GOD saying Oops I changed it because you human person prayed.

Does that make sense?

Old 10-22-2016, 07:15 AM

Default Yes!

It makes sense to me! God is SO amazing! Trying to figure Him out is obviously impossible at this time when we see through a glass darkly, but I will never stop trying to know Him and His ways. Merciful, long-suffering, and gracious, He is the one on whom we must fix our eyes.

Greek Girl
Old 10-22-2016, 07:44 AM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
It makes sense to me! God is SO amazing! Trying to figure Him out is obviously impossible at this time when we see through a glass darkly, but I will never stop trying to know Him and His ways. Merciful, long-suffering, and gracious, He is the one on whom we must fix our eyes.

Greek Girl
Exactly, Greek Girl.

He looks at things in the 360 degree realm. And our visual perspective is about the equivalent of one of those tiny disposable coffee straws. LOL

Old 10-22-2016, 08:06 AM

Amen and amen!

It is like we are in a puzzle and only see what is around us. God sees the whole picture and how it all fits together.

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741
Old 10-22-2016, 08:09 AM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
Amen and amen!

It is like we are in a puzzle and only see what is around us. God sees the whole picture and how it all fits together.
Yes, Serena, that is precisely how it is....