The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 10-22-2016, 08:00 AM
Mod-er-rator

Question Speaking Words of Life (blessings) versus Words of Death (cursing)......

This election cycle has brought out such nastiness in folks, especially and most noticeably, by so-called "believers."

I should preface my remarks and affirmation by stating that I am not a HC fan, not now and not ever. To my limited knowledge, the woman has never done anything, that i would want to be like her. She has nothing that I want. Her values are anti biblical and anti life. She represents such reprehensible practices such as killing unborn babies up to the day of their birth. As an enabler, she has made it possible for decades, for her "husband" to reportedly abuse and assault many women.

That said, I do not understand the vitriolic, the horrible words spoken against her, especially from believers. She is an unsaved woman who is in desperate need of Christ, whether she recognizes that fact or not. He died for her sins too. If, believers do not pray for her salvation, then who will?

Am I being too Polly-Annish and naive to think GOD could rescue her, also?

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 10-22-2016, 08:16 AM
Senior Member Formerly ageorgantas

Default I pray

I pray for her the same way I pray for Obama: if there is anything human left at this point, please save his/her soul. Some of the scariest words in the whole Bible are "God gave them over." Some people can come to a point at which God says, "Okay, this is the way you want it? You got it." I pray fervently for my lost family members to never get to this point. I really hope for Obama and Hillary that they don't get/haven't gotten there either.

Greek Girl
Old 10-22-2016, 08:32 AM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek Girl View Post
I pray for her the same way I pray for Obama: if there is anything human left at this point, please save his/her soul. Some of the scariest words in the whole Bible are "God gave them over." Some people can come to a point at which God says, "Okay, this is the way you want it? You got it." I pray fervently for my lost family members to never get to this point. I really hope for Obama and Hillary that they don't get/haven't gotten there either.

Greek Girl
Yes, exactly.

Admittedly, I have a hard time listening to her audibly. There are attitudes, more likely spirits, that emanate through her that...... grate like fingernails on a chalk board. Sometimes, I can watch her with the sound down, or listen very briefly to her speak. And I know GOD has spoken in His Word that some we are not to pray for, any longer.

Maybe I am being naive. I just do not want her or anyone to perish. Even someone who has spent the majority of their life doing wicked things.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 10-22-2016, 01:17 PM

We were all deceived. Even after Salvation and the infilling of the Holy Spirit it's a slow process pulling back the curtain of deception. Who am I to point a finger at someone. At most I can just point it at their sinful works. But before I do that I have to point it at my sinful works. We all need prayer, including Hillary, including Trump, including Putin........... especially Roger sitting here at this keyboard.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:58 PM

You're right, HisDoulas, I lost sight of that although I thought of that---of praying for Hillary when I hear people say "pray for Trump." Well we don't have to stop there and it would be beneficial for us to pray for her. Can we imagine what it will be like if she was to truly come to true faith in Christ Jesus (salvation) and a deep personal work of the Holy Spirit is birthed/worked within her heart and mind? That will send ripple affects throughout secular America.