The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Prophecy, Dreams and Visions

Old 10-16-2016, 08:59 AM
Senior Member Formerly ageorgantas

Default "Weird thing" that happened

I had a weird thing happen to me the other night. I thought I might post it here to see if any of you guys might have some insight. I was sitting in bed doing some work for school when I smelled a sweet smell like someone had a Yankee candle going. Then I thought in my mind/had the feeling like I was being crushed with my head/neck turning to one side. Now, I haven't had any visions before, but I'm guessing visions are more like seeing with your eyes. This wasn't like that. This was in my head, and it was just a feeling like it was happening (with no pain).

I really haven't thought about it since then, but today I thought about it and got a possible confirmation that it might be from God. (After having just thought about it today after all this time, I went to the store, and Pastor Jeffries was on the radio talking about how after you DIE you will probably keep your same vocation in heaven.)

Now, I'm still not ruling out imagination or demonic tricks, but I thought I might just see if anyone here had heard about a smell combined with a feeling about something happening. Or, if God lays something on your heart to tell me, let me know. By the way, I have absolutely NO FEAR whatsoever about this. None.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Greek Girl
Old 10-16-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
(After having just thought about it today after all this time, I went to the store, and Pastor Jeffries was on the radio talking about how after you DIE you will probably keep your same vocation in heaven.)
Ummm...I don't wanna answer phones in heaven!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 10-16-2016, 12:45 PM

Default Help?

I think he was talking about using the same skills that we have now for the good of the kingdom eternally. So maybe you have a seat at the "Help Desk" all ready for you?

Greek Girl
Old 10-16-2016, 12:46 PM

Question

I would be careful with this one. I associate physical manifestations like smells more with a demonic source than the Holy Spirit. Also, the 'crushing' sensation reminded me of my brother many years ago. He would wake up in the middle of the night feeling like something was crushing his chest. We had both recently become Christians and a lot of wierd things were happening because the devil wasn't happy!! Of course I may be wrong about your experience. We all need tp pray for more wisdom and discernment in these days, I reckon.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek Girl View Post
I had a weird thing happen to me the other night. I thought I might post it here to see if any of you guys might have some insight. I was sitting in bed doing some work for school when I smelled a sweet smell like someone had a Yankee candle going. Then I thought in my mind/had the feeling like I was being crushed with my head/neck turning to one side. Now, I haven't had any visions before, but I'm guessing visions are more like seeing with your eyes. This wasn't like that. This was in my head, and it was just a feeling like it was happening (with no pain).

I really haven't thought about it since then, but today I thought about it and got a possible confirmation that it might be from God. (After having just thought about it today after all this time, I went to the store, and Pastor Jeffries was on the radio talking about how after you DIE you will probably keep your same vocation in heaven.)

Now, I'm still not ruling out imagination or demonic tricks, but I thought I might just see if anyone here had heard about a smell combined with a feeling about something happening. Or, if God lays something on your heart to tell me, let me know. By the way, I have absolutely NO FEAR whatsoever about this. None.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Greek Girl
I used to watch a TV show about hauntings on a regular basis. Most of the experiences presented that dealt with "smells" were associated with entities -- evil or what these shows referred to as harmless good spirits that need your help in some way. I don't believe in ghosts -- I think they are demonic spirits of varying ranks -- but that's just my opinion.

I also stopped watching these programs -- I began to feel uneasy and some odd things began happening around my apartment -- minor things, but odd -- sometimes something that seems like an innocent way to past the time can actually be the opening of a door or inviting in evil without meaning to. I'm also careful with what I read, listen to and take to heart on the internet with regard to evangelists, pastors, preachers, christian bloggers, or people who say they've heard from God and have prophetic dreams -- because sometimes there's an evil spirit hidden in the mix -- very subtle -- and trying to impart something that's not of God.

My opinion is I do not think what you experienced is from God -- my opinion is that it was an attack of some sort from the evil one -- specifically, the part about your head turning to the side and your head or neck being crushed -- that sounds straight up evil to me and an attempt to cause fear. Actually, it sounds like witchcraft.

On these TV shows about hauntings a "smell" was associated with an event that happened in the past or with an individual alive or dead.

Last edited by mulanrose; 10-24-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:27 PM

Default Thank you both!

Thank you both so much for your comments! Actually I already heard from a couple people, privately and from another Christian group, that this might be the case. I prayed against it and prayed through the house, anointing the doors and windows with oil. On hindsight, it doesn't make sense that it came from God: there is no comfort for me, and no glory for God in it.

Mulanrose: What you said about it coming in through an open doorway is concerning. I will have to pray about that for sure.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment!

Greek Girl