The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Politics

Old 11-06-2016, 02:02 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Default Reconsidering My Opposition to Trump By Erick Erickson |

Reconsidering My Opposition to Trump
By Erick Erickson |

“This is pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father, to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world” (James 1:27). Trump has openly championed funding an organization that would murder the would be orphan and sell his organs while he has cheated widows and single moms of their money. And more and more Christians are championing his stains while staining themselves.

The level of fear many of my friends have towards what a Clinton Administration may bring has turned to desperation and desire for a protector. But we already have one and neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)

http://theresurgent.com/coming-to-terms-with-trump/
Old 11-06-2016, 02:23 PM

Amen!

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 11-06-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Reconsidering My Opposition to Trump
By Erick Erickson |

“This is pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father, to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world” (James 1:27). Trump has openly championed funding an organization that would murder the would be orphan and sell his organs while he has cheated widows and single moms of their money. And more and more Christians are championing his stains while staining themselves.

The level of fear many of my friends have towards what a Clinton Administration may bring has turned to desperation and desire for a protector. But we already have one and neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)

http://theresurgent.com/coming-to-terms-with-trump/
Wow! What an excellent and informative commentary. God's still on the throne and in control of the affairs of government's and nations upon this earth. Even though both candidates are spiritually marred and presently unredeemed, God for see's who will go to the white house in 2017. There is no quick fix to the sins of our nation. I don't believe America will ever be great again. Certainly, no presidential elect personality will ever mend our spiritually bankrupt country. The future of our country looks pretty bleak and hopeless no matter who ends up in the oval office. My only hope is in Jesus and living in His future kingdom where righteousness and holiness will be instilled throughout eternity. My other hope and prayer is many more will be saved before we as a nation are completely abandoned by God resulting in our utter destruction. Time is short and running out!
God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 1 John 5:11
Old 11-06-2016, 04:11 PM
Mod-er-rator

Great commentary. Thank you, Donna, for posting this article. Mr. Erickson takes into account the impact also upon DT's soul. Something which I have been mindful of and see few "leaders," thoughtfully considering.

Instead many have crowned him as anointed and thereby given him a false sense of his own standing before a Holy and righteous GOD.

This is a good read.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 11-07-2016, 09:46 AM

Very well said. Thank you for sharing.

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741
Old 11-07-2016, 10:42 AM

What it could mean, a Trump victory, is the church will have the above ground freedom to simply read from the scriptures and teach from it....if they will only do it. NOT teach their favorites prophecies, religious goose bumps disguised as the Holy Spirit, and how to get rich (though they say not materially, yeah....tell that to a televangelist) misusing the name of Jesus.

We have another chance without having a federal mandate to silence the church which is what HRC would do. What will the body of Christ do with that.

Meanwhile a president who is lost in his own sins, for reasons not truly turning to God in true faith God truly knows. One of those though is obvious if he is surrounded by NAR prophets for profits then know he just may not have the real chance to hear the gospel unless he pops in to a good Presbyterian church near DC.

And so I guess the nearest thing we have is Nixon without Watergate.

With that said his promise to "drain the swamp" will be a good thing. Drain the swamp and begin with the Clintons.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan View Post
What it could mean, a Trump victory, is the church will have the above ground freedom to simply read from the scriptures and teach from it....if they will only do it. NOT teach their favorites prophecies, religious goose bumps disguised as the Holy Spirit, and how to get rich (though they say not materially, yeah....tell that to a televangelist) misusing the name of Jesus.

We have another chance without having a federal mandate to silence the church which is what HRC would do. What will the body of Christ do with that.

Meanwhile a president who is lost in his own sins, for reasons not truly turning to God in true faith God truly knows. One of those though is obvious if he is surrounded by NAR prophets for profits then know he just may not have the real chance to hear the gospel unless he pops in to a good Presbyterian church near DC.

And so I guess the nearest thing we have is Nixon without Watergate.

With that said his promise to "drain the swamp" will be a good thing. Drain the swamp and begin with the Clintons.
I am curious.

Did you read all of the article that the OP (Donna) posted?

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 11-07-2016, 01:46 PM

"The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. I do not believe a vote for either candidate glorifies God and I am certain neither advances his kingdom"

This I agree with!

I'm still going to vote, even though I do not like my choice at all. From my Christian point of view this country and our voting process has only been about trying to maintain until Christ's return. All the Christian's I associate with will vote for Trump. None are happy about it. None think he will turn the Country towards God. The reasons are many why we do it. Hopefully I'm only doing it because that's what the Holy Spirit leads me to do.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADONE View Post
"The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. I do not believe a vote for either candidate glorifies God and I am certain neither advances his kingdom"

This I agree with!

I'm still going to vote, even though I do not like my choice at all. From my Christian point of view this country and our voting process has only been about trying to maintain until Christ's return. All the Christian's I associate with will vote for Trump. None are happy about it. None think he will turn the Country towards God. The reasons are many why we do it. Hopefully I'm only doing it because that's what the Holy Spirit leads me to do.
Amen! Vote!

Love is the Garment of Heaven Jn3:16...selah!