The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 11-09-2016, 01:14 PM
Mod-er-rator

Question Are you watching and praying for Hillary and her supporters?

Today some are dong the happy dance and gloating because their candidate trounced the competition.

The comments I have read, once the ballots were counted early this morning...well, those words pierced my heart. I am grieved to read how folks who call themselves believers are behaving. The last five, maybe six, months of this election cycle have revealed an ugliness that I did not know was possible in the body of Christ. Words of cursing and ignorant, cruel words against the brethren and others.

I ask: "Are you watching and praying for the lost, for Hillary and others who supported her candidacy?"

No matter how you spin it she must be devastated to see her life's work vanished before her very eyes. Yes, I know she is a sinner and one who has been labeled as a despicable creature. And she has done much evil, there is no disputing that fact. But, laying all her deeds and words aside, Christ died for her, too. And it is not His will that any should perish, not one.

Deut 32: 35 "To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste."

So, brethren, where are you today? Rejoicing for "your" victory?

Prov 24: 17 "Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth"

You don't have to answer. The Lord GOD knows. And the unbelievers, the lost, are watching and scrutinizing the church's behavior more than you will ever know.

I am just tossing the question out....

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 11-09-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisDoulas View Post
And the unbelievers, the lost, are watching and scrutinizing the church's behavior more than you will ever know.

That, my dear sister, is a very wise insight and I'm sure not many have thought of it.

My heart has been deeply grieved. As I was driving to work this morning, I thought, "So THIS is what we have come to -- a president who is so arrogant and has cheated on his spouses many times and a first lady who has posed in the n*de. God how Your heart must be grieved!!!" And the more I see "Christians" rejoicing over this election, the more my heart is grieved. And to still be hearing Trump called Cyrus, when there is absolutely NO SCRIPTURAL BASIS for it, well.....it just sickens me that people are twisting the Word like this. But I rest in this: God is still on the throne and He is closely watching everything that is taking place on this earth.

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 11-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee M View Post
That, my dear sister, is a very wise insight and I'm sure not many have thought of it.

My heart has been deeply grieved. As I was driving to work this morning, I thought, "So THIS is what we have come to -- a president who is so arrogant and has cheated on his spouses many times and a first lady who has posed in the n*de. God how Your heart must be grieved!!!" And the more I see "Christians" rejoicing over this election, the more my heart is grieved. And to still be hearing Trump called Cyrus, when there is absolutely NO SCRIPTURAL BASIS for it, well.....it just sickens me that people are twisting the Word like this. But I rest in this: God is still on the throne and He is closely watching everything that is taking place on this earth.
Amen, Amen and Amen.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 11-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee M View Post

Yes and amen.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:31 PM

Amen and Amen.

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741
Old 11-10-2016, 04:39 AM

Amen!
Old 11-10-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisDoulas View Post
Today some are dong the happy dance and gloating because their candidate trounced the competition.

The comments I have read, once the ballots were counted early this morning...well, those words pierced my heart. I am grieved to read how folks who call themselves believers are behaving. The last five, maybe six, months of this election cycle have revealed an ugliness that I did not know was possible in the body of Christ. Words of cursing and ignorant, cruel words against the brethren and others.

I ask: "Are you watching and praying for the lost, for Hillary and others who supported her candidacy?"

No matter how you spin it she must be devastated to see her life's work vanished before her very eyes. Yes, I know she is a sinner and one who has been labeled as a despicable creature. And she has done much evil, there is no disputing that fact. But, laying all her deeds and words aside, Christ died for her, too. And it is not His will that any should perish, not one.

Deut 32: 35 "To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste."

So, brethren, where are you today? Rejoicing for "your" victory?

Prov 24: 17 "Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth"

You don't have to answer. The Lord GOD knows. And the unbelievers, the lost, are watching and scrutinizing the church's behavior more than you will ever know.

Thank you His Douglas for reminding us to have compassion also for the enemy. Yes, for the first time I felt the same thing after her defeat. It has to the worst day in her life to have what she has dreamed of since her youth and what was promised to her in 2008 ripped away in a few hours of time. I too prayed for her.

After reading about the horrendous crimes of our leaders in DC, I came under conviction of my own failure to do my part in supporting my country. I thought I did my civic duty by voting intelligently every 4 years. I seldom prayed for the leaders. I determined as I watched the returns if God would give us a second chance I would be more involved in politics and would pray daily for the leaders to do the right thing.

I am not exactly sure what I am to do. The NBC narrator attributed Trump's victory to rural voters. Maybe we should have an association of Christian rural voters to hold him to his important promises and the Constitution. I truly see him as God's tool to root out the corruption in DC. Like Sanders, he is not a committed party member. Unlike Sanders he has the courage to stand firm in the face of threats. I am hoping plowing through the right and the left means he will appoint an nonpolitical attorney general who will prosecute the snakes in both parties. This is a spiritual battle for the soul of the nation. The prayers and fasting of Christians have prevailed so far. We must not cease now. Our work has just begun.

And yes, the banksters will crash the economy. I told people I am going to watch the returns to see which disaster to prepare for. If Trump wins, they will crash the economy and blame it on the conservatives. If Clinton wins they will start WW3 and blame the crash on the war. I can prepare for the crash. WW3 would be a lot harder.