The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Prayer Requests and Encouraging Words

Old 09-05-2016, 03:48 AM

Default Two requests

1. A close friend just found out that her 25 year old, unmarried daughter is pregnant. They are very disappointed, but love their daughter. The boyfriend wants an abortion. Also, my friend believes like all of us on the forum regarding the times, the tribulation, etc. So you can imagine all of the other thoughts she is having regarding a baby when the time is so late.

2. Someone very close to me is listening to some teachings by a cult (7th Day Adventist). I've fought this spiritual battle many times, and continue to fight it. They become very defensive when I point out the error that "Jesus + anything = a cult." Time is late. I don't want to see this person getting caught up 'again' in the false teachings of this man (Doug Batchelor.)

Thank you in advance for praying.

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 09-05-2016, 05:37 AM
Senior Member Formerly ageorgantas

Default Praying!

It's funny because the church I pass by every single day on the way to work just changed their sign last week. It now reads, "A baby is God's opinion that life should go on." I'm praying for your friend's family, but I hope you will encourage her about the times. We don't know how long we have left or what kinds of blessings God has in store for this little one and/or those in his/her life.

I'm praying for your other friend, too. We're in perilous times, and the enemy's tentacles seem to be getting stickier by the day. I prayed for eyes to see for your friend and the strength for all of us to fight for those we love.

Greek Girl
Old 09-05-2016, 05:50 AM
Mod-er-rator

Children are a heritage from the Lord. Period. Having a baby out of wedlock is Not GOD's perfect plan for anyone and especially in the days in which we are living. Boyfriends can come and boyfriends can go.

But a grandchild is a gift to be treasured.

I would counsel them (if they were asking) to embrace their daughter and support her passionately lest she listen to "the boyfriend."

I agree with Greek Girl. We don't know how long we have til the end.

Praying for you as you support those close to you.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 09-05-2016, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisDoulas View Post
Children are a heritage from the Lord. Period. Having a baby out of wedlock is Not GOD's perfect plan for anyone and especially in the days in which we are living. Boyfriends can come and boyfriends can go.

But a grandchild is a gift to be treasured.

I would counsel them (if they were asking) to embrace their daughter and support her passionately lest she listen to "the boyfriend."

I agree with Greek Girl. We don't know how long we have til the end.

Praying for you as you support those close to you.

I sent her a lengthy email, stressing the importance for them to love, love, love her and make sure she knows it. And I also mentioned that the moment they see this baby, all of the disappointment will melt in an instant. I saw that happen with my own brother when his firstborn was born. And I also heard my own dad say, "All of the fears and disappointment we felt when we first found out they were pregnant melted when we saw the baby."

I also told her God can use this to bring her daughter closer to Him. She's been blowing off the 'times,' so now maybe this will turn her back to Him.

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 09-05-2016, 06:22 AM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee M View Post
I sent her a lengthy email, stressing the importance for them to love, love, love her and make sure she knows it. And I also mentioned that the moment they see this baby, all of the disappointment will melt in an instant. I saw that happen with my own brother when his firstborn was born. And I also heard my own dad say, "All of the fears and disappointment we felt when we first found out they were pregnant melted when we saw the baby."

I also told her God can use this to bring her daughter closer to Him. She's been blowing off the 'times,' so now maybe this will turn her back to Him.
Having a daughter or a son say they are expecting a child, when unmarried....... to a parent who has raised their children in godly ways is very disappointing. And young people raised in the fear of The Lord by Christian parents(s) know better.

The deed is done.

They know what sin is, so they do not need a lecture. They need wise, loving counsel and support not condemnation. A child's life hangs in the balance.

You are being a good friend, Renee.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 09-05-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Having a daughter or a son say they are expecting a child, when unmarried....... to a parent who has raised their children in godly ways is very disappointing. And young people raised in the fear of The Lord by Christian parents(s) know better.

The deed is done.

They know what sin is, so they do not need a lecture. They need wise, loving counsel and support not condemnation. A child's life hangs in the balance.

You are being a good friend, Renee.
Thank you.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:14 AM

Wise counsel has been spoken already. Praying.

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741
Old 11-24-2016, 05:43 AM

I wanted to post an update regarding my friend whose daughter is pregnant. They found out yesterday she is having a girl. I thought it was funny because nearly all of them were thinking it was a boy. Surprise!!!

Old 11-24-2016, 07:34 AM
Mod-er-rator

Well thank GOD she has chosen to give life to her daughter. What a gift.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Well thank GOD she has chosen to give life to her daughter. What a gift.

Yes, and abortion was never a consideration, so we've been thankful for that through all the aches and disappointments that the family experienced at the beginning of this. Now they are all embracing this gift and moving forward. PTL!