The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 12-06-2016, 11:48 AM

Default ?? How to hear from God on Important Decisions ??

I haven't been here for a while, busy and exhausted from caring for mom whose health and mental/emotional state is so erratic. One day I think I'll lose her as she's delirious and tossing diapers/clothes out the bed with severe sun-downing crying and outbursts, next night she sleeps well and we get through the day without too much drama. We lost our 3rd caregiver in the past 2 months because she has 2 young babies and suddenly decides not to come so mom's health and my job are put at risk.

We (me) have an important decision to make. With the frustration in hiring psw's, my new management and more work demands, I'm thinking of:
1. retiring from my employer (we have to live on my small savings and mom's pension/welfare), but I get to give her good care and not be torn between her and my job
2. taking a sabbatical from work (still to find out what their requirements are and what criteria for returning/not returning within fixed time frame)
3. staying at my job and endlessly hiring new caregivers (less time with mom and don't know how long before Jesus takes her home).

Every night I spend writing down the pros and cons, but really I need God's wisdom, guidance and assurance that we won't be homeless or starving if I stop working. It's tough choosing between mom (stressful to care for) and my job (stressful due to tight deadlines) and having my decisions based on faith vs money.

Does anyone have any advice on how to hear God CORRECTLY and CLEARLY? I read that a sense of peace will help, but I don't have this about anything right now. I read that circumstances are ordered by Him, but how do I know it's not the enemy attacking me to make me choose the wrong path? I'm too tired to pray and all I can mumble before falling into bed for a few hours is for the protection of the Blood of Jesus and His provision of our needs.
Psalm 37:39-40 "39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble. 40 And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.".
Old 12-07-2016, 11:22 AM

Praying for you Intruth.

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741