The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Prophecy, Dreams and Visions

Old 01-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Watchman on the Wall

Default Getting rid of Prophecy Thread - Conclusion

Brethren,

It looks like our fellowship has experienced growing pains. And unfortunately growing pains are something that cannot be avoided.

I love everyone of you, we have become a family and families always grow. Growth is a good thing and just like a good crop, healthy growth also includes pruning. At times pruning can be uncomfortable and even painful.

The Bible tells us that enduring faith will include challenges that are built upon each other: precept upon precept and line upon line experiences.

"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"
Isaiah 28:10

Challenges and obstacles are a sign of growth. I am aware that these challenges can at times make us weary and frustrated. But if we are not growing, then we are stagnant.

It seems lately, that every week, our forum is visited with another test of maturity and our faith. We can meet these tests in one of two ways, we can avoid them and ignore them or we can meet them and confront them.

I have noticed that there are Christian forums all over the Internet that do not deal with these types of tests. Those forums are a free-for-all, where anything goes and as a result, I cannot help but notice that they are infected with every flavor of doctrine, division, strife, and even confusion.

In the kingdom of God, tolerance and political correctness has a way of silencing truth, ignoring error and muzzling words of wisdom. I do not want this forum to become that type of place.

I want to see this forum maintained as a place where spiritual maturity and the witness of Scripture is our barometer and our compass.

So in order to accomplish this, we will have to confront doctrinal error from time to time and also be willing to say goodbye to those that do not want to cooperate. We just experienced this very thing. I do not enjoy losing someone. It makes me very sad.

But what is the alternative? The alternative would be doctrinal error openly displayed, which could lead younger and untrained Christians astray. God forbid!

------------------------------------------

Regarding the question of whether this forum should get rid of the prophecy thread.

Brethren, I see both sides of the argument and I understand both sides.

But as Jesus said, everything has a cost. What would the cost be if we muzzled the gift of prophecy?

In these last days, God is pouring out the gift of prophetic dreams upon his people. But at the same time, the enemy is also whispering prophetic lies to people.

So how do we deal with this?

The Bible warns us not to quench the Holy Spirit. (1Thess 5:19)
It also tells us not to despise prophetic utterances. (1Thess 5:20)

So if we were to turn this thread off, we would find ourselves guilty of these things.

Also, in these last days, valid prophetic dreams are a tool that God uses to warn us. I do not want to be guilty of squelching any valid warnings or valid words that God would want to communicate to us.

So that leaves us with a situation. Biblically, the only choice that we really have in this matter, is to allow prophetic utterances and dreams, but to continue to weigh them against the Scripture. I think that this forum has already shown that there are mature ones in here that are willing and able to contribute their thoughts in these matters.

Brethren, yes at times, there will be individuals that share prophetic words that are either immature, or are in error. As remnant Christians, I believe that with the help of the Holy Spirit and with Scriptures, we will be able to deal with these things.

I really believe that this is our only true biblical option.

I hope that you understand. I hope that this does not offend you.

As the end times grow darker and darker in the future, the remnant of God will need this type of training. Discernment takes training and practice. So let's learn all that we can together.

God bless you, Nathan

Last edited by Nathan; 01-11-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:46 PM

I believe thats a very good choice,Nathan. Some dreams might be legitimate,so it would not be ideal to scrap the whole thing. I believe that we as a whole must be aware of the fact that some situations might arise,but we should stand strong in The Word,and take it from there.

It would be good if we all in general kept a watchful eye,just as a small way of contributing and helping out.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:52 PM

Thumbs up

Thank you for making the hard decisions Nathan. This place is starting to resemble an assembly, in fact I don't see why it couldn't progress into that very thing if God is willing... ?? At the very least it looks as though you are serious about doing things God's way. Thank you and the moderators / elders.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:04 PM

I respect your decision Nathan. I know it was not an easy one to make.

Praise GOD for you and Donna and for bringing this family together.
GOD bless you both.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
I agree- thank you, Nathan. Also, God bless you for your faithful leadership and continual discernment on this forum according to the Spirit's leading.
My exact thoughts.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:51 AM

Truth is hard, but you certainly bring it forth in love.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:11 AM

Good choice.

If this thread is eliminated for reasons like that (though it makes sense) then eventually the whole forum section will have to go.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan View Post
Good choice.

If this thread is eliminated for reasons like that (though it makes sense) then eventually the whole forum section will have to go.
I am confused, is this threading going or staying?
Old 01-05-2009, 03:17 PM

staying
Old 01-05-2009, 05:39 PM

Ditto to all the above!!!