The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Prophecy, Dreams and Visions

Old 01-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Watchman on the Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneDeAz View Post
I am confused, is this threading going or staying?
There was a question on whether the prophecy thread should be "86" ( ie -gotten rid of )

But it is staying.

Nathan
Old 01-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Banned

Amen Nathan, Totally agree with you
If we really Love each other as Christ Loves The Church we will correct in love those going astray, and keep sound doctrine in The Faith, That's why I Love this site, I'm still learning, I've known the Lord 24 years now, and many of Those years Half I was taught directly from The Holy Spirit and The other half by Doctrines of men who are in Error,
So God is helping me sort alot Truth from Error now, AND I WELCOME my BRETHREN
if they see me Goof up to catch me before I post something stupid or a quote false doctrine That Churches rammed in my Head, and now I need transformed to The Mind of Christ and walk after The Father and not after The Fallen and Deceived by men !
Love you all in Christ, Accountability to The Fathers and Mothers in The Faith is Wise !
Larry
Old 02-14-2009, 02:33 AM
Banned

Dear Bro. Nathan: I hope that it is your leading from the L-RD to continue the Prophesy and Vision thread... there are many so-called "Christian" forums that prohibit the truth to be spoken and the silence true Saints from speaking truth to lies posted... But I do feel that it is 100% appropriate to delete and so-called "prophesy" that DOESN'T line up with the WOG (Word of G-d)...for ALL THING are to be done in decency and in order... posting lies are certainly out of order...secondly...there is but a relatively short time left where we will have unfettered access to the internet...electricity and broadband connections...the TRUE WOG must NOT be stifled ... Bro. let the Holy Spirit...and His Word be the ultimate Board Monitor
Old 04-16-2009, 01:08 PM

Default 86ing sometimes required

If your eye causes you to sin....

When one member is poisoning the entire body, it is time to cut that member off.

I have a friend who thrice rebuked a woman for false prophecy in his church. He had been working about 3 years and had a congregation of a few hundred. After the third, open, rebuke, she threatened to leave and take others with her.

Since she was unrepentant, he banned her from the church and forbid any person who desired to stay from socializing with her, or any contact at all.

About half left.

After that, God saw his faithfulness and responsibility and blessed him. His church grew very rapidly. Today, his church, the God's Embassy, is the largest in Eastern Europe. They have 25,000 members and about 10,000 attend every Sunday for a 3 to 4 hour service.

Many gifts of the spirit manifests there.

Man from Modesto
Old 04-16-2009, 04:11 PM

Man from Modesto wrote:
"When one member is poisoning the entire body, it is time to cut that member off."

I agree.
Hopefully the offender would be restored as the young man in Corinthians was.

AAARRRGHHH!!!
I take no pleasure in my follwing comments.

God's Embassy which has changed its name to 'The Embassy of the Blessed Kingdom of God for All Nations' has Sunday Adelaja as senior pastor. Adelaja is poisoning the sheep with prosperity/false dominion heresies. The below quote is from Adelaja's own website:

"The Great Commission includes saving souls and planting churches, but much more. God’s mandate to us is nothing less than taking dominion of His entire creation here on earth. No one has put this mandate into practice more wisely and effectively than my good friend, Sunday Adelaja. Of all the excellent new books on aggressively advancing the Kingdom of God, this one stands out as being the most practical."
~C. Peter Wagner, Presiding Apostle International Coalition of Apostles
Source

From the same website:

"Most of you have already heard and read about the Club 1000 in the Embassy of God Church, Kyiv. Pastor Sunday Adelaja is the Honorable President of the Club, while the president is Aleksandr Pozharitskiy. More than 300 people became official members of the Club during the first year of work. And only those, whose financial status is 50 000 dollars and more, are allowed to join the Club." (emphasis mine)
Source

Here is a short video of Adelaja in his own words from another of his websites:
http://www.churchshift.org/

Suday Adelaja is leading tens thousands of Ukrainians and untold numbers from other countries head on for a trainwreck. God can touch a heart in spite of "God's Embassy" yet these places always leave a wake of casualties which may take years to restore. I really thought Ukranian believers would know better. They must have forgotten about the Holodomor. These tragedies will happen again and it seems they are not being prepared.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:32 PM

Talking

I agree compeletely, Nathan, we need a safe havan to exercise the gifts God has placed within us. A place where we can learn in love and patience and I thank God for all your doing.
We need a place to learn and grow in a safe and loving environment. As long as we remain teachable, we may be able to grow in our gifts.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Banned

Default Spirit of Prophecy

We can not afford to turn off the voice of prophecy in these last times

the testemony of Jesus is teh Spirit of Prophecy

Thank you Nathan
Old 08-01-2009, 04:42 AM

Thank you Nathan for advising that. I've never thought about that and it's true. Some people look for answers in the wrong way. I don't have a lot of scriptures memorized to put in my thread. And I just put one up to share. I know the man in my dream is Jesus and the bears are the beasts. But I need to look in my bible to see and to confirm. I know thebdrwam is from God.

I agree that this forum should ne monitored carefully and closely.
Thank you Nathan for all that you do.

-Love In Christ-
Old 01-11-2010, 01:56 PM

Thanks, Nathan for perservering with the prophecy thread. The loss of the prophetic thread could potentially be a devastating decision. Perhaps we might tease out just dreams, as a separate topic heading? Might help others searching for instruction in the prophetic to weed out the possibilities. Just a thought. I haven't read all the comments, so perhaps someone else made a similar suggestion.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:25 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Brethren,
I want to see this forum maintained as a place where spiritual maturity and the witness of Scripture is our barometer and our compass.

So in order to accomplish this, we will have to confront doctrinal error from time to time and also be willing to say goodbye to those that do not want to cooperate. We just experienced this very thing. I do not enjoy losing someone. It makes me very sad.

But what is the alternative? The alternative would be doctrinal error openly displayed, which could lead younger and untrained Christians astray. God forbid!

Also, in these last days, valid prophetic dreams are a tool that God uses to warn us. I do not want to be guilty of squelching any valid warnings or valid words that God would want to communicate to us.

So that leaves us with a situation. Biblically, the only choice that we really have in this matter, is to allow prophetic utterances and dreams, but to continue to weigh them against the Scripture. I think that this forum has already shown that there are mature ones in here that are willing and able to contribute their thoughts in these matters.

Brethren, yes at times, there will be individuals that share prophetic words that are either immature, or are in error. As remnant Christians, I believe that with the help of the Holy Spirit and with Scriptures, we will be able to deal with these things.
I'd like to reiterate what Nathan is saying and stress the importance for those of you who are strong in the Word and discernment - for this thread to profitable to the hearer you must stand up and (in love) point out potential error. Many are searching and growing in this area, and the enemy would love to get a foothold to divide us.

For those of us receiving correction (and that could be any of us) we must receive it in the spirit given (love).

One way we can help convey it: use smilies! Text is such a dry way of communicating. We can't hear the pain or joy of the writer. When you are typing, you may feel compassion in your heart, but in writing it comes across differently because the reader is filtering it through their own emotions. The smilies are a great tool to help smooth your text into a way it is intended. As always, let us be humble and accept that we may be wrong - it is easy to let the flesh rise up and be offended.

And lastly, be quick to say I'm sorry if needed. Love covers much... let the Spirit be spoken here!