The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Prophecy, Dreams and Visions

Old 03-28-2010, 09:11 AM

Default Conclusion

Hi Nathan just a quick comment, I believe that your right by keeping this, what would have become of the Corinthian church if Paul would have broke it up instead of correcting its errors, or yet the galations by trying to bring back the law as a fulfillment of salvation which is by faith alone in Jesus Christ and true repentance. Paul corrected and rebuked, he even rebuked peter to the face for error. So errors will always be but I agree with you the prophet is subject to the prophet, cleave to that which is good and get rid of that which is error. God bless
Old 03-29-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Brethren,

It looks like our fellowship has experienced growing pains. And unfortunately growing pains are something that cannot be avoided.

As the end times grow darker and darker in the future, the remnant of God will need this type of training. Discernment takes training and practice. So let's learn all that we can together.

God bless you, Nathan
I Thess 5:19 Do not put out the spirit's fire; 20) do not treat prophecies with contempt. 21) Test everything. Hold on to the good.

We have received the instruction from the Lord what to do with prophecies.

Acts 11:27 During this time some prophets came down from Jerusalem to Antioch. One of them, named Agabus, stood up and through the Spirit predicted that a serve famine would spread over the entire Roman world.

the disciples, each according to his ability, decided to provide help for the brothers living in Judea.

The Lord always sends messages to His people of coming disasters. What I have found is that due to doctrines taught, when the Lord gives a prophecy, the children often aren't able to receive it.

I was in a church that taught all prophecy ended with Jesus. The bible proved that teaching to be wrong. The Spirit of God brought me though many wrong doctrines, because the Lord showed His word trumpets all doctrines, regardless of a church's understanding.

It is a test for each of us in making a decision whether to believe a verse (s) spoken by the Lord, or a teaching of pious men over the verses spoken by the Lord.

In Christ's precious truths
Old 04-04-2010, 10:23 PM

This is a challenging issue for me. Should we strictly adhere to the concept of "sola scriptura" as many expositors would argue, or is "new revelation" valid today? Is the New Testament canon closed? I just don't know. What we can rely on, I think, is that any new revelation that isn't supported by Scripture should be discarded.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:02 PM

Smile Sharing My Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Brethren,

It looks like our fellowship has experienced growing pains. And unfortunately growing pains are something that cannot be avoided.

I love everyone of you, we have become a family and families always grow. Growth is a good thing and just like a good crop, healthy growth also includes pruning. At times pruning can be uncomfortable and even painful.

The Bible tells us that enduring faith will include challenges that are built upon each other: precept upon precept and line upon line experiences.

"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"
Isaiah 28:10

Challenges and obstacles are a sign of growth. I am aware that these challenges can at times make us weary and frustrated. But if we are not growing, then we are stagnant.

It seems lately, that every week, our forum is visited with another test of maturity and our faith. We can meet these tests in one of two ways, we can avoid them and ignore them or we can meet them and confront them.

I have noticed that there are Christian forums all over the Internet that do not deal with these types of tests. Those forums are a free-for-all, where anything goes and as a result, I cannot help but notice that they are infected with every flavor of doctrine, division, strife, and even confusion.

In the kingdom of God, tolerance and political correctness has a way of silencing truth, ignoring error and muzzling words of wisdom. I do not want this forum to become that type of place.

I want to see this forum maintained as a place where spiritual maturity and the witness of Scripture is our barometer and our compass.

So in order to accomplish this, we will have to confront doctrinal error from time to time and also be willing to say goodbye to those that do not want to cooperate. We just experienced this very thing. I do not enjoy losing someone. It makes me very sad.

But what is the alternative? The alternative would be doctrinal error openly displayed, which could lead younger and untrained Christians astray. God forbid!

------------------------------------------

Regarding the question of whether this forum should get rid of the prophecy thread.

Brethren, I see both sides of the argument and I understand both sides.

But as Jesus said, everything has a cost. What would the cost be if we muzzled the gift of prophecy?

In these last days, God is pouring out the gift of prophetic dreams upon his people. But at the same time, the enemy is also whispering prophetic lies to people.

So how do we deal with this?

The Bible warns us not to quench the Holy Spirit. (1Thess 5:19)
It also tells us not to despise prophetic utterances. (1Thess 5:20)

So if we were to turn this thread off, we would find ourselves guilty of these things.

Also, in these last days, valid prophetic dreams are a tool that God uses to warn us. I do not want to be guilty of squelching any valid warnings or valid words that God would want to communicate to us.

So that leaves us with a situation. Biblically, the only choice that we really have in this matter, is to allow prophetic utterances and dreams, but to continue to weigh them against the Scripture. I think that this forum has already shown that there are mature ones in here that are willing and able to contribute their thoughts in these matters.

Brethren, yes at times, there will be individuals that share prophetic words that are either immature, or are in error. As remnant Christians, I believe that with the help of the Holy Spirit and with Scriptures, we will be able to deal with these things.

I really believe that this is our only true biblical option.

I hope that you understand. I hope that this does not offend you.

As the end times grow darker and darker in the future, the remnant of God will need this type of training. Discernment takes training and practice. So let's learn all that we can together.

God bless you, Nathan
Dear Nathan,

I am grateful it remains.
A couple of thoughts....
1. Why do false pastors, teachers, prophets exist...
My conclusion is that YAH is watching to see who knows scripture (Gen-Rev).
Who are those who follow men (Jerm 17:5).
Who are those who are gullible.
Who are those who are lazy, and do not EXERCISE THIER SPIRIT IN THE GIFT OF DISCERNMENT.
Who are those who do not have the witness within themselves of what is of the LORD and what is NOT.

And so He allows many false, so called followers, to test the REMNANT, and to test all those who SAY THEY ARE TRUE DISCIPLES OF YESHUA/JESUS, to see if they are in fact TRUE Disciples. Rev 2:2 Yeshua commends those in Ephesus in their testing of those who say they are apostles and are not.

If you were to take away this thread, how then would we EXERCISE OUR SPIRIT in RIGHTEOUSNESS?

I don't know about others here, but I do prophesy, and I am able to read most any other prophesy and know instantly if it is of YAH. I believe it is because of the scripture that says: I Cor 14:32 the Spirit of a prophet is subject to the prophets.

Regarding the posting of dreams: I have had dreams from Yah and Yah has given us a model of how to approach dreams in the study of Demitru Duduman/Michael Boldea, and how they interacted with Yah in regard to their dreams. If they did not know the interpretation they fasted and prayed and Yah gave them another dream to explain the first. This method also gives the second witness called for in scripture. I think it would be wise if people who have dreams would follow this model. I know Joseph had the gift of dream interpretation. In my experience I have not known a person with that gift. I have not known anyone who testifies of having that gift.

These are just some thoughts that came to mind as you expressed your concern over this thread. I have appreciated the thread even though DECEPTION IS THE MARK OF THIS AGE. At some point I believe Yah will mark us so we can know each other...... (twinkle in the eye?)

Thanks for all that you do, and continued blessings in Yah our Father and Messiah Yeshua/Jesus. Devorah
Old 07-22-2010, 02:58 PM

Talking

I agree, Nathan. Good choice!!! Thank you for ALWAYS telling the TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH, and NOTHING but THE TRUTH.

Thank you for your leadership and to all the mod's and prayer warriors, your work for the Kingdom does not go un-noticed or unappreciated!

Blessings to you all,
Patti
"To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord, my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever'. Psalms 30:12
Old 09-13-2010, 02:41 PM

Default I stand in agreement with you

Thank you for your prayerful decision in this matter. I stand wholly in agreement with you Nathan! The Holy Spirit will give us all discernment as we draw close to Him!! There are things that absolutely confirm what is being spoken into our spirits (if we rely solely on the Lord to lead us) and then we also have the "warning" from the Holy Spirit when something does not at all confirm what He is speaking to us. It is all going to come down to our full trust in the Lord . . . there is NO other "Shelter" . . . NO other "Fortress" . . . NO other god but our GOD!! I heard your radio program today and FULLY agree with all that I heard. I wrote about many of the things you spoke about! Only the Lord had me write them all down 3 months before 9/11 in 2001 . . . great destruction is coming to America . . . soon it will be evident to the "remnant" who are awaiting that God has begun the countdown to the final hour! There are "many" voices . . . but those who know their Shepherd will recognize His Voice and obey!! Thank you for your faithfulness . . . I know that our Father will keep you and your family in the Shelter of His Hands in the days ahead!! Keep doing what you know you must do . . . your trust in the Lord is very evident!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstbase View Post
This is a challenging issue for me. Should we strictly adhere to the concept of "sola scriptura" as many expositors would argue, or is "new revelation" valid today? Is the New Testament canon closed? I just don't know. What we can rely on, I think, is that any new revelation that isn't supported by Scripture should be discarded.
This is challenging for me too.
I recall from Acts various times when the people were told by the Spirit to do this or that in terms of their immediate living situations.
Alot of it had to do with words of knowledge to situations that arose. Like Peter and the vision of unclean animals and what he was to do in regards to gentiles and food etc.
It seems to me that the end times has more to do with words of knowledge as to how to live, where to go or where or what to avoid in order to be safe etc. Even to who to meet and join up with etc.
I dont think it is so much a future prophetic thing as in John's revelation but prophetic as in teaching in the Word so people learn to walk in the Spirit correctly and learn the Word well so we always are able to recognize His voice. does that make sense? to mature.
Especially in light of Jesus warning that IF possible even the elect would be deceived. So it is imperative we hear clearly and only by knowing the Word and all Jesus taught from the OT, He promised we would know the Truth and it would set us free and also the Spirit when he comes would remind us of all Jesus said and would tell us of the things to come.
As for future prophetic utterances, i think they are more short term because we all seem to know in the Spirit the tribulation is coming upon us even already begun.
we must be in tune with God's spirit or we will fail.
Lots of talk about the remnant but it seems to me that this protected remnant truly knows and hears the Shepherds voice and follows accordingly.
i hope that made sense.
blessings
Old 01-26-2011, 06:19 PM

Default Test the "Spirits"

Nathan, I appreciate all that you are doing on behalf of the Lord . . . you know that we are instructed to "test the spirits" and see if they be of God and for those who are "older in the Lord and truly following Him" I believe that we can "sift" out the chaff from the wheat . . . mainly because those of us who are truly listening to the Lord will see "confirmation" in those that are posting dreams and visions . . . God is not a man that He would lie to us and as long as we stay in the Word we will recognize truth from deceit . . . you take a lot on your shoulders Nathan, because this is your precious site . . . but let those of us who are older in the Lord be here for you as well . . . if you have a question, put it out there for us to help you with. No man should bear this burden alone, and I for one want to be of service to you if you need me. Nothing is hidden from the Lord and He alone is the answer to all that we need and ask Him for . . . let us be at peace with all men, as much as possible, according to the Word . . . and something that is "way off base" we trust you to deal with, or ask for assistance if you need to! God keep you safe, you and your entire family, and shelter you in the Cleft of the Rock - especially since you are putting yourself out there on the radio . . . I pray the Lord's protection over you Nathan! Be at peace. Teresa
Old 03-19-2011, 05:30 PM

Spot on................true prophecy cannot contradict scripture..........if it does it is not of God..............we must test all to exclude deceit that rules our world today..........Thank you for being a leader who will take a stand for Christ.........
Amen, God bless
Old 03-20-2013, 10:06 PM

Default Thank YOU NATHAN

The wisdom that is Christ in you is a blessing and I'm deeply grateful that you listen and obey the Requests and word of our LORD. I can understand the concerns of all sides but I too believe we need the prophetic to be heard and it is increasing greatly day by day both in the very Godly sense and also the enemy using and manipulating it but we know we can count on the Father to lead us to all truth even in this because HIS word say's so John 16:13 say's King James Bible Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. We read in Proverbs 3:5,6... “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” Carefully notice that there are three things listed, as prerequisites, for us to do in order for God to direct our paths:

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart.
Lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge Him.

YES OUR GOD IS FAITHFUL