The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Preparation

Old 09-18-2011, 09:40 AM

I have walked around my home praying for the protection of the Blood of Jesus over my parents and myself. I must admit I don't really know how to anoint my doors and windows ... so some advice would be nice ...

I was reading that in these endtimes, satan is trying his best to wear out the saints so that they become so inwardly focused, they don't witness anymore. I think it's true - just spent $800+ fixing the brakes in my car, $800+ fixing the bathroom faucet, and now find I have weevils amuck.

Will buy some DE from an agro supply place and see if it helps.
Thanks all!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruth View Post
I have walked around my home praying for the protection of the Blood of Jesus over my parents and myself. I must admit I don't really know how to anoint my doors and windows ... so some advice would be nice ...

I was reading that in these endtimes, satan is trying his best to wear out the saints so that they become so inwardly focused, they don't witness anymore. I think it's true - just spent $800+ fixing the brakes in my car, $800+ fixing the bathroom faucet, and now find I have weevils amuck.

Will buy some DE from an agro supply place and see if it helps.
Thanks all!
When my wife came to visit 10yrs ago, and never left, she was set on anointing the farm from front to back she had a vile and put virgin olive oil in it then she was lead to place it on an alter at a local full gospel church for oh bout 3mo. she then when she felt the spirit lead she headed out and from that day on there has been no evil to set foot on the land.

Isaiah 41 1Keep silence before me, O islands; and let the people renew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak: let us come near together to judgment.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:34 AM

I put the diam earth in a barrel of dog food, no weavils, had some black ants on a window sill, sprinkled earth there & now they are gone. I rub it on my dogs & it kills fleas. I also put it in my health shake, hasn't hurt me.........
Old 09-18-2011, 12:19 PM

I am sorry but a little humor here. How to store your goods. Do not eat them. uhhh then you will have plenty..... Just had to
Old 11-30-2011, 04:47 PM

Default weevils

Quote:
Even though I put my rice into my chest freezer, it still got weevils - which are now increasing in my kitchen cupboards! I've cleaned and cleaned to no avail, now looking at Diatomaceous Earth to sprinkle in the little grooves to kill them.

Does anyone know if this is harmful to humans? Not planning to actually put this DE in the rice (can't afford to throw away so I just put hot water in it and the bugs float to the top). They have even crept into my Kraft dinners.

Any other solutions to how to clear out weevil infestation in food cupboards will be really appreciated! I'm now starting to wonder if God is telling me to only collect manna for one day
Hello there!
Don't know if this is true, but have heard many people say tha putting bay leaves around on the shelves where you store food works well as nothing likes them and they will either die or leave. I know my husbands cousin got these in his pantry and he had to throw out everything and have an exterminator come in as he said that was the only way to get rid of them. I store my rice in 5 gal. buckets with a mylar bag and oxygen obsorbers and nothing can suvive that as no oxgyen is in the bags. This is the only safe way I know of to store rice and noodles and things like this. Good luck with this problem as I know it is a hard thing to have to throw out anything these days.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Even though I put my rice into my chest freezer, it still got weevils - which are now increasing in my kitchen cupboards! I've cleaned and cleaned to no avail, now looking at Diatomaceous Earth to sprinkle in the little grooves to kill them.

Does anyone know if this is harmful to humans?
google it.... "food grade" DE is very useful for a variety of purposes, including human health issues......

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 10-18-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:

Does anyone know if this is harmful to humans? Not planning to actually put this DE in the rice (can't afford to throw away so I just put hot water in it and the bugs float to the top). They have even crept into my Kraft dinners.

Any other solutions to how to clear out weevil infestation in food cupboards will be really appreciated! I'm now starting to wonder if God is telling me to only collect manna for one day
Diatomaceous earth is not toxic. It is ground volcanic ash. How it works is that under a microscope you can see sharp pointed particles. When a soft bellied insect goes over it the skin is ripped open so the insect dies because it cannot retain moisture. It is more often used for slugs. Once you have weevils they're almost impossible to get rid of because the eggs are left behind. They hatch out and start new colonies. Try putting bay leaves in your cabinets, but there is no guarantee you'll control them. The best thing to do is dump what you have and start over with airtight containers. It's a shame to waste, but you'll need things that will last the duration
Old 10-18-2015, 11:45 AM

Just one more thing: if it's good enough for the bugs I figure it won't kill me!!!!
Old 10-18-2015, 01:21 PM

Also, When you dump your rice. Do, once again, a through cleaning of your cupboard. If the shelves are removable take them out and wash the sides of the cupboard, sides and bottom of the shelf and wash all packages that go back into the cupboard. Then add bay leaves. Don't be stingy. I did this years ago and praise God they did not come back.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:48 PM

I have been using food grade diatomaceous earth with my dogs for years to keep them parasite free (every 3-4 months they get aprox. 2 tbs. a day, mixed into their food, for 10 days-no internal parasites!) I use d.e. in my chicken coop to control flies and other unwanted insects and mix it into their dirt bath box for mite control.

From Wikipedia:
"Diatomite forms by the accumulation of the amorphous silica (opal, SiO2·nH2O) remains of dead diatoms (microscopic single-celled algae) in lacustrine or marine sediments. The fossil remains consist of a pair of symmetrical shells or frustules.[1]"
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." Romans 1:16

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10