The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Preparation

Old 12-05-2008, 12:19 PM
NOTADOC

Talking

BUT THEIR NOSE WILL BE FREE OF BACTERIA!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Gone to be with Him- 6/30/09 - We miss you brother

In the whole "prep" conversation we need to seek the Lord individually...no duh STAY BALANCED. I believe that the Lord is using the world to speak the same thing; even the government says have enough on hand for several days during a public emergency. Even better is the example of one small boy showing up with some fish and bread...look what Jesus did with that If we are where God wants us to be, doing what he wants us to do, during the coming time we will once again see the God of manna be God on our behalf.
1Peter 2:24 He Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that dying to sins, we might live to righteousness; by whose stripes you were healed.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
In the whole "prep" conversation we need to seek the Lord individually...no duh STAY BALANCED. I believe that the Lord is using the world to speak the same thing; even the government says have enough on hand for several days during a public emergency. Even better is the example of one small boy showing up with some fish and bread...look what Jesus did with that If we are where God wants us to be, doing what he wants us to do, during the coming time we will once again see the God of manna be God on our behalf.

Amen Brother,

The only prep I'm doing is stocking up a little in case of a situation like they had down south with the hurricains. People were without electricity for 2 or more weeks. The people who had a little extra food and and alternate way to cook were able to make it through without having to stand in line for food.

Anything beyond that is in God's capable hands.

Ps 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. (Food)

Ex 16:35 And the children of Israel did eat manna forty years, until they came to a land inhabited; they did eat manna, until they came unto the borders of the land of Canaan. (Food)

De 29:5 And I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy foot. (Clothing)

Ex 17:6 Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel. (Water)

De 33:12 And of Benjamin he said, The beloved of the LORD shall dwell in safety by him; and the LORD shall cover him all the day long, and he shall dwell between his shoulders.
(Safety)

What more do we really need?

Old 03-28-2009, 09:04 AM

Talking

I would say all positions placed here are valid,
We as christians are called to be prepared, however as we cant all have the same function in the body we should seek HIM and let his peace and the voice of two or three witness establish patterns as it says "Work out our OWN salvation with fear and trembling"

Therefore to those whom have a peace established in prayer to have just a few basic things on hand then Praise GOD, however to another you may feel led to have food maybe for a year(which could actually end up feeding a few families for weeks, you get the idea)

The bottom line is you must seek the Lord and establish His voice in your life.
A good example of this is imagine you are Peter in Acts 3

Act 3:1 And on the same day Peter and John went up into the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour.
Act 3:2 And a certain man, who was lame from his mother's womb, was being carried. And they laid him daily at that temple gate which is called Beautiful, to ask alms from those who entered into the temple.
Act 3:3 Seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, he asked to receive alms.
Act 3:4 And fastening his eyes on him, Peter with John said, Look on us!
Act 3:5 And he paid heed to them, expecting to receive something from them.
Act 3:6 But Peter said, Silver and gold have I none, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!

Ask your self this question concerning the Lord could you like Peter answer "Silver and gold have I none, but what I have I give you."

What i simply mean by this is simple, not only concerning this important topic but in all that you are and do, keep seeking him concerning what he has called you to so in that hour you will have HIM in you in abundance to minister as Christ calls you to. Faith on scripture without revelation (ie without the witness of it by the spirit of God) no matter how relevant or good it is, is not life until its found in He who gives it. (Rema vs Logos)

As it seems all here recognise the times, let us encourage each other to good works and to know the Heart of the father and Know his voice as individuals looking to the author and finisher of our faith and as a body corporate with christ as our Head.

Bless ya and the info is Great

Old 03-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Gone to be with Him- 6/30/09 - We miss you brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ4Life View Post
Amen Brother,

The only prep I'm doing is stocking up a little in case of a situation like they had down south with the hurricains. People were without electricity for 2 or more weeks. The people who had a little extra food and and alternate way to cook were able to make it through without having to stand in line for food.

Anything beyond that is in God's capable hands.

Ps 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. (Food)

Ex 16:35 And the children of Israel did eat manna forty years, until they came to a land inhabited; they did eat manna, until they came unto the borders of the land of Canaan. (Food)

De 29:5 And I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy foot. (Clothing)

Ex 17:6 Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel. (Water)

De 33:12 And of Benjamin he said, The beloved of the LORD shall dwell in safety by him; and the LORD shall cover him all the day long, and he shall dwell between his shoulders.
(Safety)

What more do we really need?

We know what we know scripturaly as the truth. In reality we have not walked it ALL out yet in the natural; all of us to a greater or lessor degree have experienced all the scripture above stands for or speaks about.

The skirmishes we have experienced should only strengthen our faith IN THE WORD, reahma or logos.

I love the military analogy; when asked "how did you do that?", the answer invariably comes back, "we relied on our training." And so it is with the Lord.

LOOK ! over there in the middle of no where, a first aid kit....

Heb 12:11 Now chastening for the present does not seem to be joyous, but grievous. Nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who are exercised by it.
Heb 12:12 Because of this, straighten up the hands which hang down and the enfeebled knees.
Heb 12:13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way, but let it rather be healed.
1Peter 2:24 He Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that dying to sins, we might live to righteousness; by whose stripes you were healed.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by putzicaf View Post
Dear Nathan,
I need several questions answered and I've listened to you for quite a while now and I really like the things you do and I believe The Lord has blessed you so I thought it would be fitting to come to you. For many years now I've had a very heavy I don't know what you would call it maybe prompting? to pray for the salvation of people I mean to the point where if I'm driving down the road and I pass someone on the shoulder I feel this need. As times grow worse on the world stage the prompting has grown to the point if I knew everyones name I would probably name them all one by one.Now contrary to what this sounds like I am of sound mind. I am naturally assuming this prompting is the Holy Spirit. Are there other people out there like me? Or maybe I'm not of sound mind like I think I am.
The next question is how can I prepare for the things ahead? I have alot of health issues and I feel stuck. The funny thing is I pray and pray about this and I haven't gotten any answers. I try to just focus on Jesus Knowing he will take care of me and my son but when I read how people are preparing and somedays I can't even get up it just gets a little un-nerving. Thank You for your Time

I am the EXACT same way! I get to the point, though, that I keep saying the same things over and over, and I keep praying for people that I run out of words. Then, I say to myself, I have no idea how to pray anymore. I have prayed and prayed. Then, a few days later I pick it up again for the same people. It gets exhausting, and overwhelming! I am battling so many issues right now. How do we pray for so many people? There are so many needs, and my mind is always running!

Wendy
Old 07-28-2009, 05:40 AM

Amen Brother,
It is good to see that other Christians are taking this approach. I am part of a group that is actually organizing refuges to escape tribulation and persecution expected, not only because the Bible says so, but political and military whistleblowers, ex-illuminatis, and valid alternative news sources prove to expect marshall law coming to force deadly vaccinations for the hyped man made swine flu. We see American under judgment, but true Christians are standing on Psalm 91 and preparing. They may laugh at us like Noah, but Noah had the last laugh, but he probably weeped.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:56 AM
Banned

Welcome kingsforerunner!

The warnings are indeed coming from all directions to prepare. What you have said has encouraged and confirmed things for me here. Thank-you for your post.

I have often wondered about Noah et all's burden of those left. I think it comes from the heart of God...He is the one that said that it isn't His desire that any perish.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Senior Member - Formerly known as Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhigdons View Post
I've got to laugh at the title I just made. When I was typing it, the phrase "Yes you can!" popped up! How did that happen!??
I have heard it said so many times by those that I love in my church family that there is no way that you can prepare that it makes me sick! I know for a fact that we have to prepare spiritually, and I am doing all I can to cover the bases in that area.
However, most of the ones I am talking about never do ANYTHING to prepare! Not one thing! They see it coming, just like I do. Some of them preach that it is coming, just like I do. But they don't do one single action to prepare!
There is no change of lifestyle, no cut back in spending, no paying off of notes, NOTHING!
I'm afraid that when things get bad, everybody will converge on my house and devour what I have in one day because they know that I prepare.
It reminds me of the story of the little red hen. No one would help her gather the grain to make the bread. No one would help grind the grain. No one would help her mix the dough. No one would help her bake the bread. BUT everyone wanted to help her EAT the bread.
I need to pray for wisdom as to how to handle this. What would the Lord have me to do? Is there any chance that I can help my friends wake up before it is too late? What if they all converge on my house and I give out the last of my food, leaving my own family to starve. Is that what the Lord would want, sacrificial giving to the utmost?
Perhaps I should pray for some small localized catastrophe that will wake them up and cause them to get with it.
Or will we see miraculous multiplication of the bread like Jesus did with feeding the 5000? I want to have faith, but I want to be wise as well.
Jeff
Matthew 6

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
26"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 28And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31"So do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?' or `What shall we drink?' or `What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Jesus begins: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear" (vs. 25). As we study this teaching, we must remember that Jesus lived in a society where hunger was a much greater concern than it is now, for most of us who are reading this. So, if the command not to worry was appropriate then, it is even more so now. And yes, note this, Jesus is giving us a command: "Do not worry." Jesus' disciples are not to live a life of worry. It is a disservice to their Master. To worry is to belittle all the great things our Lord and Master has given us.

Jesus next gives us some reasons why it is unnecessary to worry. First, He says: "Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?" (vs. 25). Jesus is making an argument from the greater to the lesser. God has given us the greater things, life and a beautifully created body, so He will also give us the lesser, food to sustain life and clothes to protect the body. "It is truly no small offense we do God, in not trusting Him to supply us with food and clothing, as though He cast us into the world without any heed. When a man is firmly persuaded that God clearly sees the state of our life--of which He is the Author--he will have no doubt that, in fact, He considers its necessities very well."

(link to complete bible study)http://www.scripturestudies.com/Vol6/F4/f4_nt.html

Old 03-03-2010, 10:05 AM

Cool

I guess I'm wondering WHY they don't prepare. Do they think they don't need to, been led not to, don't care???? When Jesus performed miracles how many times did he request an action on the part of the receiver? Take up your mat, wash the mud from your eyes, go to the priest, etc.?? Why do people think he expects less from us?