The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Preparation

Old 05-15-2014, 06:35 AM

Great thread Nathan and I enjoyed reading everybody's posts. You all shared a lot of important information. Thank God that we are awake and listening to his voice. I remember back in 2008 when I would try to tell others in the church about this and they would look at me like if I was koo koo. The Holy Spirit is continuing to wake up many at the present time. Praise the Lord!
Mark 8:36
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

Old 10-12-2014, 05:01 AM

91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. 5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. 8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. 9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Due to limited resources and our family situation, there isn't a lot more physical preparation we can do (need meds, caregivers, go to work so can't isolate ourselves).

Please would you join me in praying Psalm 91 over all of God's children and that He will provide His divine protection over all whose hearts are faithful to Him? Jesus has borne all our infirmities and that includes ebola. As I store cans of food, I need to store scriptures of God's might in my spirit and remind myself not to give more eminence to this disease than to God. It brings peace to our little family as we remember that our names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Does this sound like a selfish prayer? I have lost some friends through sharing about repentance, the end times and my small attempts at prepping. They laugh and scoff and don't contact me now - what if they come knocking when in need?
Psalm 37:39-40 "39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble. 40 And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.".
Old 10-12-2014, 06:42 AM

I pray Psalms 91 every day over our household. Also, over our daughter who has estranged herself from us even though I have no way of knowing what goes on in her life I still want and pray for God's protection over her.

As far as people coming to your door. That is a tough one. However, family first over strangers and ex-friends. On the other hand a lot will help with decision making when we are face to face with their attitude at that time. It may well be belligerent and will take by force or more sheepish. Make sure what is visible to outsiders is minimal and poor. So they are sure that you are sharing from what "little" you have.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruth View Post
91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. 5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. 8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. 9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Due to limited resources and our family situation, there isn't a lot more physical preparation we can do (need meds, caregivers, go to work so can't isolate ourselves).

Please would you join me in praying Psalm 91 over all of God's children and that He will provide His divine protection over all whose hearts are faithful to Him? Jesus has borne all our infirmities and that includes ebola. As I store cans of food, I need to store scriptures of God's might in my spirit and remind myself not to give more eminence to this disease than to God. It brings peace to our little family as we remember that our names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Does this sound like a selfish prayer? I have lost some friends through sharing about repentance, the end times and my small attempts at prepping. They laugh and scoff and don't contact me now - what if they come knocking when in need?
I understand exactly what you are saying, InTruth. Maybe it's easier to pray for you than for my own situation. I realize God knows my needs down to the smallest detail, yet I still can easily put myself in a panic mode. I remembered something someone told me a long time ago when I said my mind is racing so much I can't quiet down or slow down long enough to pray. My prayer warrior friend said when that happens, to write out my prayers then read them loud. I'm going to start doing that again, because it made such a difference in slowing down and receiving true peace. And thank God for Psalm 91!
Old 10-12-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heknowsmyname View Post
I understand exactly what you are saying, InTruth. Maybe it's easier to pray for you than for my own situation. I realize God knows my needs down to the smallest detail, yet I still can easily put myself in a panic mode. I remembered something someone told me a long time ago when I said my mind is racing so much I can't quiet down or slow down long enough to pray. My prayer warrior friend said when that happens, to write out my prayers then read them loud. I'm going to start doing that again, because it made such a difference in slowing down and receiving true peace. And thank God for Psalm 91!
Such wonderful advice! Thank you for sharing!