The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 12-08-2013, 01:14 PM

Luke 21:36
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. (KJV)
Old 12-08-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Nathan and I have really struggled with the decision to share this information.

It is a very personal issue for us. But over the last couple of years we have got so many requests for Nathans time or complaints that Nathan was not available to meet with people.

If any of you actually knew Nathan, then you would know he is the farthest thing from a diva. He is a very down to earth guy.

Already we have gotten many suggestions for how to "heal" the Lupus. We have been dealing with this for 10 years. I have tried many many many natural "cures" on my poor husband. But we have not found a solution.

We have not been on this journey with our heads in the sand.

We are believing for a healing. And for now that has to be enough.

My husband is not the same physical guy he was 20 years ago. We cannot take vacations unless their is a spot to nap quietly available to him. We cannot spend all day out in the sun. Because that means two days lost after the fact.

I tell my daughter stories of how daddy used to be before Lupus.

But we cling to the time we have and love each other with all our might.

This is OUR (me and the kids) journey..not just Nathan's. And we will journey it together.

Thank you for your prayers.

After having spent my adult life as a health care provider, I can attest that modern health care can do some amazing things to minimize pain and suffering, obviate wretched symptoms, and actually, on rare occasion, assist in real healing. This doesn't mean modern medicine has all the answers. It doesn't.

The ONLY One who can truly heal is GOD. No one else can, no matter how well intentioned, or how brilliant. We are limited to an assistive role.

But we as believers CAN pray to our Healer. I'm glad you both shared, no matter how difficult this decision was. And it is hard to make one's self vulnerable and open. But there is no shame in doing so.

No one thinks less of Nathan or Donna for doing so.

Nathan is not less of a man.

Nor is Donna less of a woman.

But you have given each of us the opportunity and privilege to lift you both up, as well as the whole family, before the LORD. And now we can do so with specificity. Vague prayers may have a place, but focused prayer is a much better petition before our LORD.

Will our LORD cure Nathan? I don't know. He has His reasons for everything. But if we don't earnestly pray, we will never know if He is willing or not.

So, thank you, both, for giving us the privilege to do so.
bert

Last edited by bert; 12-08-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:02 PM

I'm so grieved to hear about his...Just about ready to cry. But our God is indeed the God almighty. I just know that with all of us praying for you, there will be a change.

May He overwhelm you with His presence, peace, love, strength, and healing, in Jesus name.

God bless you dear brother and your family.

Blessings in Christ Jesus, the Son of the Most High

Isaiah 61:3
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.
:
Psa 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Watchman on the Wall

I appreciate all of your comments of support and prayer.

As Donna shared above, her and I struggled about sharing this. But felt that it was time.

I am hoping that by revealing my weakness, perhaps others will be encouraged to know that they are not the only ones who are struggling in their frail body.

At this point, my plan is to press on and do the work of God.

Additionally, I am going to enjoy my family and make as many memories as I can with them.

And even though we are in season of "doom," to me, my family is one of the most important things to cherish.

One of my strongest passions is to bless my wife and children with love and attention while I can.

Perhaps, this can serve as a reminder for everyone to do likewise because every waking breath is a gift from God.

We never know what tomorrow will bring.

Folks, hug your kids!

Men hug your wife!

Wives give "big daddy" a hug!

Make good memories while you still can.

God Bless,

Nathan

Old 12-08-2013, 05:22 PM

Much Love & Prayers to you Nathan, Donna and the children.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:41 PM

You are a tremendous inspiration, sir, and a blessing.

I'm down with Bert: now we know how to pray better. May He grant our petition.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:09 PM

I had no idea of the affliction you have been carrying in your body for so many years Nathan. I will remember you in my prayers for healing and continued strength to endure and fulfill the call that God has placed upon your life. Last year I got a progress report from a blood test on hepatitis B that I've carried for 25 years. It came back negative. The virus could not be found in my liver. God is so good! I believe you too will experience a miracle touch from God and be cured from lupus my brother. God bless the entire Leal family.
God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 1 John 5:11
Old 12-09-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post

I am hoping that by revealing my weakness, perhaps others will be encouraged to know that they are not the only ones who are struggling in their frail body.

At this point, my plan is to press on and do the work of God.

Additionally, I am going to enjoy my family and make as many memories as I can with them.
Bless you, brother Nathan. It must have taken great courage to share on this level, given the vicious attacks that have been waged against you and your beloved family over the last few years.

I believe God will honor you for your willingness to make yourself vulnerable. God does His best work through humble vessels who make themselves available for service, regardless of obstacles or weaknesses.

Many are praying for you, Nathan. May God richly reward you and your family for all that you suffer in his service.

God bless,

Blane
Old 12-09-2013, 03:30 AM

I was just praying for you and your family. The Lord reminded me. At times when I am so weak that all I can do is rest. But when God has a job for me to do, I always have the strength to do it. I believe that the same is for you, Nathan. God gives you the strength to get the job done that He has for you to do too.

I will pray that you may be healed.

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741
Old 12-09-2013, 09:14 AM

Beloved Nathan, I pray God's Spirit reveals to you or your love ones
what must be done to heal from lupus.

I commend you for revealing publicly. No secrets, nothing hidden