The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 12-09-2013, 11:25 AM

May the good Lord continue to bless you and your family, Nathan. You are an inspiration to myself personally, being one of those who struggles daily with illnesses and infirmity.

I continue in my prayers for the Leal family.

May HIS perfect will be done. Though we may not always know or understand the reasons "why", we must keep marching forward and trust HIM.

Much love in Christ Jesus our Lord,
Wanda
Old 12-10-2013, 04:11 AM

I don't know what to say - except that I am very surprised Nathan that you have been living with this disease but still have such strong faith in God, and put so much into preparing sermons and teachings to warn us of the impeding wrath to come. And Donna too, for the care and support on a daily basis.

God gives a personal grace to those who have a special dependency on Him. His presence is always precious and so near, like a warm blanket of love and strength. In being unable to do the physical things we used to do, we find wisdom increasing and more and more of the worldly things lose their significance, till all we need is Him.

I pray for Jesus our Jehovah Rapha by whose stripes we are healed, and who Himself took our infirmities, to touch you and to heal you; and on the journey to wellness may you and Donna be blessed for you faithfulness in continuing to serve Him.
Psalm 37:39-40 "39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble. 40 And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.".
Old 12-10-2013, 08:14 AM

Nathan and Donna,
Sometimes I don't know what to say. This is one of those times.
I carry burdens in my heart from time to time without words.
I love you and am thankful for what you do.
You and your loved ones are in the palm of God's hand. Sometimes it seems He is squeezing us beyond comprehension. We know it is the only safe place.
Thank you for going out on a limb and sharing your burden with us.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:17 AM

Nathan, you are an insperation to many, my self included, your faith is strong and He is guideing you. My heart hurt after reading your post. But all is well, because you will be renewed by His spirit He will lead you. God be with my brother and comfort Him only as you can. Amen.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:47 AM

Default God is so good

God is so good, All the time God is so good. (I think it was Corrie Ten Boom that said this)

Pastor, this news grieves my heart. For I know that you are an Upright man, walking in the path of Righteousness. Just as our Brother Job had walked. We know from Job's story how Satan DESPISES us, especially the Upright. I had to go read the Book Of Job again after your disclosure, as it reminds me of all the good men I know suffering affliction. What I gather from the whole is that God allows this (satan attacking the righteous) it is because He KNOWS already that You will Prevail; that which is Important (Your Love of God) will remain UNTOUCHED, untarnished and even strengthened through these trials in this life that is but short.
Pastor, you have touched so many. Myself so included. Thank you for ALL that you DO in the name of Jesus, that which is TRUTH.
Thank you for sharing your burden. I am certain that was not easy. I am certain that this trial serves a Purpose that we do not yet understand, but in time, we will.
It has always seemed to me that the Best of people go through the Fires of trial on earth for God's Purpose--- for myself, I see this as a refining.. something like the fire that perfects gold to be molded. That has been a comfort to me in my own trials. That the worst of tribulations shall serve as a blessing to The Lord.
I Pray for Your Healing. I Praise God for giving you the family that you have on earth to help you through this. I Praise God for His gift to us in you. Praise God that you are not bitter or angry, Praise God for giving you Understanding. God Bless you and keep you- ALWAYS.

Job 42:7-17

7 And it was so, that after the Lord had spoken these words unto Job, the Lord said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.
8 Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job.
9 So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went, and did according as the Lord commanded them: the Lord also accepted Job.
10 And the Lord turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.
11 Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the Lord had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.

12 So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.

13 He had also seven sons and three daughters.

14 And he called the name of the first, Jemima; and the name of the second, Kezia; and the name of the third, Kerenhappuch.

15 And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.

16 After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations.

17 So Job died, being old and full of days.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:04 PM

Dear Nathan, my heart goes out to you, as well as your family. You are all in my prayers. I know exactly what you are going through, I have lupus too. A year and half ago it was diagnosed in my kidneys. I am now on dialysis because my kidneys have shut down. The doctors put me on prednisone for it as well as chemo. The prednisone can make you diabetic which it did to me. It has also messed up my nervous system. Like you I have looked into and tried alternative therapies such as juicing etc., but nothing has worked. Some days I feel like I'm going to die and have prayed the Lord would just take me home, then I remember he never gives us more than we can bear. Perhaps there is something we are to learn from this, I don't know, one thing I do know is that God will get us through this.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirborne View Post
Dear Nathan, my heart goes out to you, as well as your family. You are all in my prayers. I know exactly what you are going through, I have lupus too. A year and half ago it was diagnosed in my kidneys. I am now on dialysis because my kidneys have shut down. The doctors put me on prednisone for it as well as chemo. The prednisone can make you diabetic which it did to me. It has also messed up my nervous system. Like you I have looked into and tried alternative therapies such as juicing etc., but nothing has worked. Some days I feel like I'm going to die and have prayed the Lord would just take me home, then I remember he never gives us more than we can bear. Perhaps there is something we are to learn from this, I don't know, one thing I do know is that God will get us through this.
Bless you. We will be praying for GOD to heal you also.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirborne View Post
Dear friend,

I pray Jesus heals you and reveals HIS hidden treasures to you as HE stregthens you. HE wil Not abandon you in your hour(s) of need.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 01-21-2014, 09:26 AM

Dear Nathan and Donna,

I just re-read your message, having been out in the woods these past weeks working on our cabin and land, where I could read the posts, but not respond. I was amazed at how you have (both) managed to continue your service to the Lord these past years in spite of coping with this debilitating disease. I am believing that what you can accomplish is far greater than many with no limitations at all could do in thrice the time. My admiration for you grows with each revelation of the obstacles you have (both) overcome.

I pray the healing comes for you soon.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:46 PM

Dear Nathan and Donna and family, I too am grieved to hear of this. Thank you for sharing as I believe it helps the more specific one can be. I echo all the things mentioned by those on the forum and will continue to uplift you and your family for healing, strength, peace and endurance. You both have been and are a blessing to many.
Shalom,
Nancy