The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 06-13-2009, 08:58 AM

I watched the first 3 videos. So far, it makes perfect sense...

Human were living 900 years because there was more oxygen before the flood... I can understand...

I am amazed everybody tries to deny the work of Kent Hovind... When you google him, most results that are coming are from opponents...

-Does any of you knows how is he doing, in jail ? Does he have access to email/internet ? If so, what is his address ?
Old 06-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

I am not sure how to contact him, but Dr. Hovind has a blog he does from prison.

http://www.cseblogs.com/?p=203

And here is a link to the free Kent Hovind site.
http://freehovind.com/index

I found it:

Dr. Kent E. Hovind is currently at the Edgefield Federal Correctional Institution in South Carolina. Please send postcards and letters to:

Kent E. Hovind #06452-017
FPC Edgefield D-2
P.O. BOX 725
Edgefield, SC 29824

Here is one for Mrs Hovind

Mrs. Hovind is currently at the Federal Correctional Institution in Marianna, FL. Because of prison regulations, Mrs. Hovind can only receive letters. Please refrain from sending stickers, stamps, books, or media of any kind. If you would like to write her letters of encouragement, please send them to:

Jo D. Hovind #06453-017
FCI Marianna, Satellite Camp
P.O. Box 7006
Marianna, FL 32447
Old 06-13-2009, 09:31 AM

Well, thanks a lot, Donna !

The more I have been watching Hovind's videos, the more I feel he is very important for the brethren. His explanations helped me a lot to clarify things I couldn't fathom about history...

I will sign the petition, but I don't generally believe petition are that efficient...

-Who knows, maybe the Lord has a special mission for Kent in jail ???

I guess it's hard to tell... Kind of like why Keith Green died with his kids on a plane crash...
Old 06-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

I know that Kent has a Bible study going and is reaching the lost. What higher calling can there be?
Old 06-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Banned

From what I hear in these videos they make sense but I also think we need to look into the claims he has because what would happen if someone we to try to discredit what you say according to what they guy says. Would you have anything to back up your claim on say, doubling air pressure for extra oxygen, or larger bones being found?

We don't hear these things alot in schools and because of that it is the christians responsiblity to understand these things so that we can teach those who don't know or believe it and show them the Hand of God in the earth.

With my Earth Science class, which is nearly over, they seem to 'know' all the answers to how various things came about. What I keep steadfast in my mind is that it is the Hand of God that institutes the things in this world to operate as they do. Even down the make up of an atom and how it functions. It is our interpretation of the whole things that leaves us wondering what is true or not.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Banned

Recently I did a brief google search on Kent and was astounded by what I read. This convinces me of what I said in my former post about knowing what something is so vs just believing it.

Also, to know that this guy is in jail for some kind of tax evasion is a finger pointer to those who are not christians. Character issue there vs whatever he is wearing at any given moment.

Looking at his education it seems that some people cannot have an educational dialogue with him because his education level is not there as his college degrees are non accredited. This leaves me wondering, how much of what he teaches is really backed up vs just sounded 'wonderful'?

We need to be consistent with what we believe and the knowledge we use to attain that belief. The world see christians as believing in anything because many believe that religion is based on faith, like my science teacher remarked. Whereas the truth is you have to have history in order for faith to be there otherwise faith in something without history is ridiculous.

Does this make sense?

kent, leaves alot out there to examine which is a good thing. We must be onguard though because what if some of what he teaches isn't right? Just because he is a christian, dont' go after it hook line and sinker.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

DeaDn,

Obviously the WORLD hates Kent Hovind. He has Christ in him.

As to the level of education you alluded to. Don't they teach the lies of evolution to SMALL CHILDREN. If it is so simple that small children can understand it then why not a highly intelligent grown man?

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Education at "yale" is not the only way to attain knowledge...it just makes you better at regurgitating what your professor said.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:36 AM

Deadn, you should watch kent's episode called lies in the textbooks. he points out things that are in science textbooks that have been proven to be lies but still are being taught. everthing is documented. anyone taking a science class needs to see that one.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Obviously the WORLD hates Kent Hovind. He has Christ in him.
I believe this is the key... I would hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but it seems that the "people in power" are working hard to discredit Kent Hovind... It might be somehow, one of the causes he ended up in jail...
-Remember Al Capone ? He went to jail for some tax reason also, but everybody knows it wasn't the real reason why he was kept behind bars...

Kent is on to something... Definitely...
Old 06-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Watchman on the Wall

Deadn, it has become apparent that you are anti-Christian. I have read your many posts that are not about fellowship with Christians but instead are a spirit of animosity towards scripture, worship, creationism, etc.

Therefore you are no longer going to use this forum as as avenue to spread your dark sentences. Our forum is not a graffiti wall to vocalize your problems with Christianity. And I cannot let you poison our forum with your doubts and dark words.

The Bible says that a little leaven ( yeast) will leaven or corrupt the whole lump of dough. Your words are leaven. I am sorry but there is no other way to put it.

Good bye, you are banned!

Nathan

Last edited by Nathan; 06-13-2009 at 12:59 PM.