The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 06-13-2009, 08:54 PM

Nathan

These are excellent videos. They are articulated very well. I feel bad for what has happened to Kent. We can pray for him.

God Bless
Bill
Old 08-11-2009, 05:19 PM

After watching the Dangers of Evolution, I understand why he and his wife
are in prison. He exposed the rulers and their agenda.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:06 PM

Here is another link if you scroll down it has Kent in 12 different debates that can be downloaded

Some of these professors are so lame it is incredable

http://www.arrivalofthefittest.com/csehovind.html

Bill
Old 08-12-2009, 02:10 AM

Thanks Bill.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:09 PM

We have watched these twice and the kids love them!

He really is in prison because someone didn't like what he was teaching and went after him...when you read all about the charges it is clear this was one of those 'shut them up' things. 10 years and thousands of dollars for them to come up with or the gov takes their land...so sad...

But God is in control!

If you do send mail to them PRAY, because if the mail room reads it and doesn't like something in it, they won't get it.

Also, if you have Netflix you can get the DVD's of the Creation seminar that way too.

Also, if you haven't already watched 'Expelled', I suggest that as well, it really makes it clear how important this 'evolution theory' is to the whole process of taking over everything.
Do not be afraid of sudden terror, nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught. Proverbs 3:25-26

Last edited by Courage; 08-12-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:42 PM

Default This videos are amazing!

Thank you Nathan, We watched some of the video. My kids loved it and have better view now. We need to pray that God will seal his word in our kids heart. And pray for Kent family.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:15 PM

Warning
Many sincere Christians have invented reinterpretations of Scripture to avoid intellectual conflicts with popular scientific ideas. The gap theory was one such reinterpretation designed to fit in with scientific concepts that arose in the early 1800s and are still popular today

In reality, though, the gap theory was an effective anesthetic that put the church to sleep for over 100 years. When the children who learned this compromise position went on to higher education, they were shocked to discover that this theory explained nothing. Many of them then accepted the only remaining “respectable” theory—evolution—which went hand-in-hand with millions of years. The results were usually disastrous for their faith.

Today, other compromise positions, such as progressive creation or theistic evolution, have mostly replaced the gap theory.26 The gappists, by attempting to maintain a literal Genesis but adhering to the long ages (millions of years), opened the door for greater compromise in the next generation—the reinterpretation of the days, God using evolution, etc.

But whether it is the gap theory, day-age/progressive creation, or theistic evolution, the results are the same. These positions may be acceptable in some churches, but the learned in the secular world will, with some justification, mock those who hold them because they see the inconsistencies.

In Martin Luther’s day the church compromised what the Bible clearly taught, and he nailed his Ninety-Five Theses to the door of the church to call them back to the authority of God’s Word. In the same way, the church today has, by and large, neglected what the Bible clearly says in Genesis 1–11. It’s time to call the church back to the authority of God’s Word beginning with Genesis.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/arti...ction-theories
Old 09-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Willybob,
I hope you are not insinuating that that is what Kent Hovind is teaching!
Kent Hovind does NOT teach the gap theory.
He 100% teaches a 6 day creation, because God is God and He can do what HE says HE can do!

If you are not insinuating that...this is for everyone else benefit so they do not get confused.

Last edited by Donna; 09-12-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:23 PM

I confirm Hovind is teaching a strict literal Bible believing 6-days creation... No Gap theory whatsoever... Actually if I recall, he speaks against this theory in one of the videos (don't remember which one...)

I have seen all videos, to me it is the most rational approach about how the world was created by our Lord.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:07 PM

Donna

No this was not my intent.

I realize that Kent is against the Gap theory, so am I. This is just a very good site disproveing the Gap theory. Ken Hamm has many creation teachings similar to Kent Hovind. They are in league with each other when it comes to the creation. I firmly believe in Gods creating everything in 6 days, like he said he did. Maybe I should have started a new thread with this post.

Sorry for the confusion.

God Bless
Bill

Last edited by willybob; 09-12-2009 at 03:11 PM.