The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > The Courtyard of Discussion

Old 02-12-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisDoulas View Post
The Word says:

1 Tim 5: 22 "Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure."

It is wisdom to only let those who are walking obediently before The Lord lay hands upon you.
I recently heard a pastor (not sure which one) say that at a beauty shop or barber shop, the operator lays hands on your head when styling the hair and spirits can transfer. We need to plead the Blood of Jesus before venturing out, and use discernment - if something doesn't feel right - maybe it's NOT right.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:15 AM

mntw, thanks for writing out the prayer/statement I always love when people do this, bc our minds often fly and say "I pray" without slowing down to do it. Sometimes I look for spiritual warfare prayers on Youtube, just so someone talks me through it, slows me down.

Mixing alertness and awareness with authority and not fearing -- that is effective and scriptural.

It's also worth considering there are electromagnetic things going on with us, like static electricity (working at computers for hours, then dragging feet across industrial carpet). We're composed of electrons/protons/neutrons, so there's going to be a little activity any time.

But yes, there are spirits and forces not visible in our realm. It might help to think of what they are and how they move, what rights they have. Scriptures use the word "devil" (generic) and evil spirit -- implying one spirit has a single personality, one shape that does not split.

If it moves from one person to another, it can pester and intimidate and lie, but does not immediately have the authority to indwell. Fear of inevitable takeover might give it a foothold, but even that is not quite an invitation or handover of authority.

I'm just going through the logic of it, not really teaching something I cannot see or know for certain.

I've been in situations where it felt like one devil was sitting in the middle, playing two good Christians off each other. Like a good game of ping pong or monkey in the middle. Not indwelling either, but making each think the other was possessed.

Crazy, isn't it.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:34 AM

Default Spiritual Warfare and Hairstyling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroomsDayPrepper View Post
On the Scott Hensler Show it was revealed to him by the Spirit that Brother Marcus was Targeted by Witchcraft, he died from a Heart Attack. Brother Marcus had a show on Blogtalk called Pine Ridge Warriors. It was also revealed that this was a person posing as a Christian, who gained his trust, and then attacked him.

http://my.blogtalkradio.com/scotthen...this-means-war

This same person was now trying to come against Scott and his Ministry.
Very interesting and informative show.

Another womans 'ministry' was exposed as Witchcraft.
Never have someone pray for you that you don't know. Never send some 'ministry' a picture or any other personal artifact.
Strange that we are talking about beauty shop workers laying their hands on our heads and being careful about whom we choose. I have just moved to a new town and am looking for a hairstylist. Thought I might add that I am having a terrible time finding a place I am comfortable with and now I know why. It makes perfect sense that trust in their spirit is the issue, I know nobody here yet.

As for what satan can and cannot do, it would be errant for anyone to say for sure what he is capable of. We shouldn't glorify him but I know by personal experience, that some of us really have to deal with him and how! It would be lying to say otherwise. However, we believe in Him who overcomes and we need not be afraid. If concerned about touching another person who might be contaminated I'm afraid that is my experience too. We are living in end times and should not be surprised. But draw close to Him and stay there. 24-7. You will grow strong and able to help others with issues like these.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:49 AM

I heard that show. I do find it odd that the story has been hushed up as it was, that is, if the Scott Hensler revelation is according to the inside story. I think I know who it was that they were speaking of, but the archives were purged a bit the last time I looked. I don't think I could dredge up the particular episode that featured "the witch".

I have many thoughts on the subject of the death of Brother Marcus, but they are just my thoughts and they may have no basis in reality. We only know what is revealed to us, and I think there is a lot more to this story than anyone outside of his inner circle is aware of. So, much would be speculation.

First off, I would like to say that I loved the man who was Brother Marcus. I don't think I missed a single program. Maybe I didn't always catch it live, but caught up in the archives. I donated to both his ministry and him, personally. I was planning a trip to see him and deliver some supplies for the ministry over the 2015 4th of July holiday, but my vehicle wasn't ready, so I nudged the plans out a week. Maybe God was working, delaying my trip, because he died in that window. In fact, had I gone up there according to my original plan, I may have been one of the last people to see him alive.

In the hours following his death, the message came by e-mail to those on his e-mail list of the news. The sender was asking for prayers of a resurrection. I was heartbroken.

Maybe a week later, I hadn't heard any news on the subject, so I "googled" his name and came up with this: http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...a-2514966.html

This is a false prophecy in my book.

Then I started to look back into all the things I had heard the man say. He spoke of a God-given mission to gather the prophetic people together to pool resources, dreams, and visions into a prophecy club of sorts. I think he called it, "The Holy Ghost Network". Of course, that didn't happen. So was it really from God?

I won't go into some of the other things I heard him say, or his guests say, but Marcus was an enthusiastic man, and a cheerleader, and never came against false teaching that I ever saw, especially on his own show. It was a point of irritation for me, but I still loved the man and chalked it up to simple human failing.

So, am I here to sully the reputation of a man who cannot defend himself? No. Just speaking truth. I sent that BIN link to SQ shortly after my discovery and asked him to help me understand the significance of a false prophecy, and how a Christian should view such things. Perhaps it was too soon after the death, or he took it as an attack. I don't know. He never responded. Steve is the one who brought Brother Marcus onto the national stage of the Christian Alternative Media. I think he (SQ) has a fortress mentality and I don't think I've often heard him admit error. That's another subject that most here are probably familiar with.

Anyway, these are some of my thoughts on Brother Marcus. I know that his spiritual son, Curtis Horse moved out of country to Canada. I don't know why. He is now married and looking to restart the ministry in some way.

I kind of look back at that timeframe a year ago as the first inklings of my doubts or misgivings about the Christian Alternative Media as a whole. Or at least looking at things a bit more critically. The events of early this year sort of sealed that.

God Bless you all!

Karl

Last edited by Karl; 07-04-2016 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Mod-er-rator

In reflecting more on this thread, I do not think it is possible to take out a true believer before his or her time. Harass them? Yes. Hinder them? Yes. Try to hurt them or make this journey of life more difficult? Yes.

But kill them by a witchcraft curse? No.

Look at Jesus' own life. Was the wicked one able to take his life from him before His destiny was completed? No. And look at the saints of the bible who faced enormous dangers and near death experiences. But, lived and overcame and were used to further the kingdom of GOD.

Having spoken thru the years to a number of people, even before they came to Christ, some lives were filled with "accidents," near misses, threats, beatings, prolonged illnesses or other attacks of the enemy. But, even though they went thru these trials, some years before even receiving Jesus Christ, they still survived to go on and serve The Lord.

KJV Psalm 64: 1 - 10 "[To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.] Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy. Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity: Who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words: That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not. They encourage themselves in an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them? They search out iniquities; they accomplish a diligent search: both the inward thought of every one of them, and the heart, is deep. But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded. So they shall make their own tongue to fall upon themselves: all that see them shall flee away. And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider of his doing. The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in him; and all the upright in heart shall glory."

It is my humble opinion, that witchcraft against a true believer, bounces back (like an arrow against a shield) to the one who tries to harm, a true saint of The Most High GOD.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."