The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > The Rabbit Hole

Old 04-16-2016, 01:21 PM

Default Dave Hodges

So we've discussed how Dave Hodges has sensationalized things on his website for ratings, etc. I think I have posted about how so much of what happened on the show Revolution was in his postings.

Well now that I have Netflix, I've been watching Jericho, which gets struck by a nuclear bomb. And guess what? FEMA comes on scene and sets up camp at Walmart. ***! That sounds SO FAMILIAR!!!!

What a snake -- he pulled ideas played out in two different tv shows and used "anonymous for their protection" individuals who "fed" him this info. Such a snake!

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 04-16-2016, 03:22 PM

Yes he is Renee!
Blessings!
Old 04-16-2016, 03:46 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee M View Post
So we've discussed how Dave Hodges has sensationalized things on his website for ratings, etc. I think I have posted about how so much of what happened on the show Revolution was in his postings.

Well now that I have Netflix, I've been watching Jericho, which gets struck by a nuclear bomb. And guess what? FEMA comes on scene and sets up camp at Walmart. ***! That sounds SO FAMILIAR!!!!

What a snake -- he pulled ideas played out in two different tv shows and used "anonymous for their protection" individuals who "fed" him this info. Such a snake!

So, Renee, are you in the first season or the second season of viewing of Jericho? What do you think?

As far as Mr. Hodges.....

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 04-16-2016, 07:53 PM

Default Jericho & Revolution

I liked Revolution when it first began. It got rather strange towards the end, with the nano stuff, although I see the potential for the future nano bot technology being vey destructive. It was just a bit weird of a storyline going off in that direction. I really liked Jericho. May have to watch it again now that you've mentioned it.

As for Hodges, he lacks discernment and the fire of the Holy Spirit. Without that compass, you don't have anything. Just my pennies worth.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisDoulas View Post
So, Renee, are you in the first season or the second season of viewing of Jericho? What do you think?

As far as Mr. Hodges.....

I am still in the first season. I'm really enjoying the show. I really like the characters except for the gal who plays Eric's wife.

I like watching those kinds of shows because I can see some of the likely scenarios we may be facing one day. I try to glean from them ideas that may help me at a later date. Honestly though, if all breaks lose and there is an instant food shortage, I think my family will be dead within a week. We live just 4-5 blocks north of the "hood," so we are in prime area for riots and looting. And yesterday morning, around 4am, there were shots fired just around the corner. It's getting REALLY bad in our city. I wish we could afford to move out of the city, but that isn't going to happen.

And now I've told you more than you wanted to hear, didn't I?

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 04-17-2016, 06:12 AM
Senior Member Formerly ageorgantas

Default But God

Renee: I'm in a boat that is about the same as yours. We're in a lower-middle class neighborhood, but less than a mile from us is a strip of Section 8 apartments. We have a few men on our street with guns who can run a patrol, but ultimately they will be no match for hungry hordes. I have asked God about moving, but it seems like He wants us here. I'm trusting that whatever His plan is, it's good. To live is Christ, to die is gain. I'm up for either one at this point.

Greek Girl
Old 04-17-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek Girl View Post
I have asked God about moving, but it seems like He wants us here. I'm trusting that whatever His plan is, it's good. To live is Christ, to die is gain. I'm up for either one at this point.

Greek Girl
Amen sister!

Old 04-18-2016, 08:16 AM

We had more gunshots last night. This time there were around 30 shots fired and it was 1 mile from our house. It is getting so bad in this town.

My dentist is married to a deputy who works for the sheriff's dept. He said this summer is going to be really bad for our town. There have been MULTIPLE requests for the SWAT team to come out, and those calls have all been within the city limits.

I've seen a few things on the scanner facebook page that said huge fights were erupting -- like 30-40 people involved. Not good. Not good at all.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:53 AM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee M View Post
We had more gunshots last night. This time there were around 30 shots fired and it was 1 mile from our house. It is getting so bad in this town.

My dentist is married to a deputy who works for the sheriff's dept. He said this summer is going to be really bad for our town. There have been MULTIPLE requests for the SWAT team to come out, and those calls have all been within the city limits.

I've seen a few things on the scanner facebook page that said huge fights were erupting -- like 30-40 people involved. Not good. Not good at all.
I lived only two blocks from the war zone and heard gun shots on a nightly basis. And once in another marginal neighborhood: numerous houses on each side, behind our house and across the street were broken into and robbed. Yet, not even a blade of grass was stolen from our yard. But GOD.

However, we have moved into a new season and we must be very wise and try to hear HIM, clearly, so we do nothing to shorten our own destiny for HIS kingdom and for HIS glory.

Trusting JESUS to protect and provide for HIS own and move those who need to move to higher ground, quickly, before all **LL breaks loose.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 04-18-2016, 09:45 AM

While it disturbs me to hear of these shootings, I have to admit -- I am still at peace, and like you said, "BUT GOD!" That says it all.