The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > The Rabbit Hole

Old 04-18-2016, 10:18 AM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee M View Post
While it disturbs me to hear of these shootings, I have to admit -- I am still at peace, and like you said, "BUT GOD!" That says it all.
Last year we had horrendous wind storms. Moved the vehicle before the brunt of it hit, away from these massive trees, hoping and praying it might survive, in tact. The huge evergreen trees next to the house, when it hit full on were swaying, like palms in the wind. But in the end, after the reportedly 80-100 mph plus winds subsided, the house was still standing and despite all the debris, we here survived.

So, yes, BUT GOD!

We stand fastened to the Rock and HE sustains HIS own. Praise JESUS.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 04-18-2016, 10:45 AM

My Lord, where do you folks live?
Beirut?
Blessings!
Old 04-18-2016, 11:19 AM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Pilot View Post
My Lord, where do you folks live?
Beirut?
Blessings!
You are foo funny for words, Sky Pilot.

Anyone who has lived or does live, in a highly populated area can tell stories (true ones, not fairy tales) of the level of violence that goes on, every single day in the good ole U.S.A.

Just because the lame stream media does not report it.....long gone is the world of Ward and June Cleaver.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 04-18-2016, 12:26 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Quote:
We had more gunshots last night. This time there were around 30 shots fired and it was 1 mile from our house. It is getting so bad in this town.

My dentist is married to a deputy who works for the sheriff's dept. He said this summer is going to be really bad for our town. There have been MULTIPLE requests for the SWAT team to come out, and those calls have all been within the city limits.

I've seen a few things on the scanner facebook page that said huge fights were erupting -- like 30-40 people involved. Not good. Not good at all.
I hear gunshots on a regular basis in my neighborhood. But no one is getting shot or getting shot at. It is either target practice, shooting at predators like raccoon's and coyotes or it is hunters.

Gotta love rural Idaho.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I hear gunshots on a regular basis in my neighborhood. But no one is getting shot or getting shot at. It is either target practice, shooting at predators like raccoon's and coyotes or it is hunters.

Gotta love rural Idaho.
Donna, THAT I could live with!!! In fact, I'd be part of that group! We live in a city that has widespread drug problems, but the BIGGEST part of which starts just 4-5 blocks south of us. LOTS of drug violence there, gang problems, etc.

Sky, w/o disclosing where we live, I can tell you that our county is a little less than 83,000. Our city is just under 57,000. So it's not a big city. You can drive to any spot in this city and be there in less than 15 minutes.

I would love to be out there where Nathan and Donna live. I hate being this close to so many bad characters. When things go "south" we are in a heap of trouble.

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 04-18-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Donna, THAT I could live with!!! In fact, I'd be part of that group! We live in a city that has widespread drug problems, but the BIGGEST part of which starts just 4-5 blocks south of us. LOTS of drug violence there, gang problems, etc.

Sky, w/o disclosing where we live, I can tell you that our county is a little less than 83,000. Our city is just under 57,000. So it's not a big city. You can drive to any spot in this city and be there in less than 15 minutes.

I would love to be out there where Nathan and Donna live. I hate being this close to so many bad characters. When things go "south" we are in a heap of trouble.
Trust in the Lord and do what He says to do. Praying for you.

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741
Old 04-18-2016, 01:35 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, we have a drug problem in our community. Meth is huge here and pot is legal in Washington (and we are right on the border..our sister town is Newport Washington.)

The shops in Newport have a problem with theft. But most people are safe in there homes unless you are involved with drugs or people who do drugs.

I have not heard of any "robberies" the criminals here know that EVERYONE is most likely armed to the teeth and that keeps them to just shoplifting.

I love living in Idaho. It is a different world for sure. If the LORD leads, I highly recommend the area.

Our little town does not have a lot of jobs, but Spokane is an hour away and it is a sizable city with lots of work in varied industries.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Don't get me wrong, we have a drug problem in our community. Meth is huge here and pot is legal in Washington (and we are right on the border..our sister town is Newport Washington.)

The shops in Newport have a problem with theft. But most people are safe in there homes unless you are involved with drugs or people who do drugs.

I have not heard of any "robberies" the criminals here know that EVERYONE is most likely armed to the teeth and that keeps them to just shoplifting.

I love living in Idaho. It is a different world for sure. If the LORD leads, I highly recommend the area.

Our little town does not have a lot of jobs, but Spokane is an hour away and it is a sizable city with lots of work in varied industries.
Years ago my wife and I lived in a rural area of North Central Washington. Everything was great at first, but then we started to learn more and more about our neighbors, most of whom were old hippy pot-heads that moved up from California in the 70's and 80's. I'm not big on gossip, but when it comes to staying smart and safe I tend to keep an open ear and before too long I learned that meth and prescription drugs were widely used. The year we left we caught a couple of our neighbors sneaking around our garage at night trying to steal my tools to get some quick drug money. I'm so glad we left.

I remember one time we drove to Sandpoint Idaho to pick up a motorcycle and we ended up staying for two days because we liked the area so well. I remember thinking that we should have bought land there instead of Washington. Lake Coeur d'alene and that whole area was absolutely beautiful, but land was expensive at that time and probably still is. I never cared too much for Spokane, but if you only worked there I suppose it wouldn't be too bad. I got lost in Spokane one time trying to find a building supply store and I found myself surrounded by Hell's Angels at a bad part of town. I did a lot of praying and made it out safely....

"Ask, and it shall be given you; Seek, and ye shall find; Knock, and it shall be opened unto you:"
Old 04-18-2016, 03:52 PM
Mod-er-rator

So, a quick search (not the latest Census numbers) shows less than 9,000 in the town I used to live in, that had the ghetto 2 blocks away (post # 9).

And, where Donna was talking about it looks to be maybe, 600k population including Spokane and Spokane Valley. Commuting an hour away, in order to live, in a rural area of Idaho sounds reasonable to me.

So, to piggy back on your comments, Spirited1..... I think any area with those numbers of people is going to have some **LL's Angels or two and more than likely a "bad part of town."

I have lived, traveled and stayed in some minor and major cities in my time.... and all had scary parts of town. When I was younger I did some crazy things, that I would never do today. Like walk in the dark in the evening hours, alone, in a industrialized area or major metropolis.

Last edited by HisDoulas; 04-18-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:25 PM

This thread has taken an interesting turn. I've enjoyed seeing some of the life experiences others have had in bad towns, or like Donna, who hears gunshots but for a more "fun" reason.

Hmmm....that gives me an idea for a new topic, but I might wait 'til closer to the weekend to post it so I'll have more time to watch for responses. If everyone will participate, it will be fun!

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal