The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > The Rabbit Hole

Old 04-18-2016, 04:54 PM

I'll give ye my story and where I live,
When I get on my puter!
Blessings!
Old 04-18-2016, 06:01 PM

I live on the outskirts of a little town with a population of less than 300 people. A lot of them are older families whose husbands and sons used to work in the coal mines; I don't worry about them. They keep to themselves for the most part, are slow to consider you a friend, but when you are finally welcomed, they're friends for life.

Unfortunately, a lot of riff raff has moved out this way in recent years, to get out from under the watchful eyes of the police. That's not a good thing....there have been break in's in recent years, a home invasion within the last few weeks, more illegal rooster fighting, puppy mills, and the like than I can count, and many meth labs in people's homes (one actually exploded, killing the person "cooking" it, as well as two children in the house)....the punks doing it, know that there is little police/sheriff presence, and when 911 is called, it'll take 20 minutes minimum before law enforcement is on the scene. Plenty of time to do their dastardly deeds and be gone before help arrives.

It used to be very peaceful out here. Little traffic, no trouble makers. Now, people stay indoors, keep everything locked, and a lot of people have installed high fences and lots of gates (us included....we also electrified our's). Guns are also very commonplace. I take my daughter out to target practice quite a bit, and I am open about being a supporter of the 2nd Amendment.

I am considering a move once everything else going on in our lives are settled, but that could be a while...and then there's always the question of where.

Last edited by Rejoice!; 04-18-2016 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Added last sentence
Old 04-18-2016, 08:28 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited1 View Post
Years ago my wife and I lived in a rural area of North Central Washington. Everything was great at first, but then we started to learn more and more about our neighbors, most of whom were old hippy pot-heads that moved up from California in the 70's and 80's. I'm not big on gossip, but when it comes to staying smart and safe I tend to keep an open ear and before too long I learned that meth and prescription drugs were widely used. The year we left we caught a couple of our neighbors sneaking around our garage at night trying to steal my tools to get some quick drug money. I'm so glad we left.

I remember one time we drove to Sandpoint Idaho to pick up a motorcycle and we ended up staying for two days because we liked the area so well. I remember thinking that we should have bought land there instead of Washington. Lake Coeur d'alene and that whole area was absolutely beautiful, but land was expensive at that time and probably still is. I never cared too much for Spokane, but if you only worked there I suppose it wouldn't be too bad. I got lost in Spokane one time trying to find a building supply store and I found myself surrounded by Hell's Angels at a bad part of town. I did a lot of praying and made it out safely....
I know folks in the Rathdrum area find people sneaking around their property. We have never experienced that. We have a closed gate at all times. Maybe that helps.

Spokane does have its rough areas, but we generally stick to the North End or downtown, so we have not had any problems. We did see two woman beggars get in a fight over their street corner. That was funny..but sad too.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:42 PM

I found out today from one of my police officer friends that a lot of the activity that is taking place in my city is from a group of people who had connections to the dirtbag who murdered one of our deputies just a month ago.

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 04-19-2016, 01:52 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee M View Post
I found out today from one of my police officer friends that a lot of the activity that is taking place in my city is from a group of people who had connections to the dirtbag who murdered one of our deputies just a month ago.
It is tragically true that birds of prey (vultures) flock together.

On the other hand, we who are HIS, are known by the company we keep.

KJV Psalm 119: 63 "I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts."

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 04-19-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisDoulas View Post
It is tragically true that birds of prey (vultures) flock together.

On the other hand, we who are HIS, are known by the company we keep.

KJV Psalm 119: 63 "I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts."

I'm glad we are in the same group -- the GOOD group!

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 04-22-2016, 05:26 PM

Default Hodges and company

I'm sorry but since the Ted Broer / Hodges / 3-Mikes hiddeouness, I want NOTHING to do with any of them.... or I may

I have seen selfishness, lies, manipulation and hate .... and for what???! I am so done with these guys. Period.

That they thought they could treat dear Nathan the way they did... I'm done! Done! Trust is dead with these. Dead. Never want to hear them again.

I am hoping the others will repent and apologize profusely and publicly. They acted with NO fear of God. I could not even come here for a while. Needed to recover from what we all witnessed (hypocricy, hate).

Last edited by God's Minion; 04-22-2016 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:12 PM

I live out in the "sticks" in Texas, and I hear gunfire all the time. But it's a good kind of gunfire. Folks sharpening their skills in their 20 acre back yards. Churches everywhere. Jesus billboards. I kinda like Texas.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:22 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
I live out in the "sticks" in Texas, and I hear gunfire all the time. But it's a good kind of gunfire. Folks sharpening their skills in their 20 acre back yards. Churches everywhere. Jesus billboards. I kinda like Texas.
In that manner Idaho and Texas are quite similar.

Hearing guns...like wind through the trees.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:28 AM

Default Interesting discussion about Dave Hodges

So do you think he makes a lot of stuff up? I listen to him now and then. Is SQ off too? What about all the "sources " like law enforcement or government informants they both claim they know. Are these all lies? How can we know who is telling the truth these days? Sometimes this stuff gives me a headache. I mean, I woke up with a literal headache this morning. I watched the news last night from Dallas and my heart sank. The nation seems to be at a boiling point and we could have a real civil war. So many predictions about a coming mayhem in Cleaveland in a couple of weeks at the RNC convention. I have some very sweet black FB friends (I'm white) and we talk about this all the time. Is like we are being divided by the PTB. Sometimes I wonder if I should turn off all talk radio and Fox News and just watch Hallmark. Ignorance can sometimes be bliss.