The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Preparation

Old 04-19-2016, 01:38 PM

Default A different kind of "prep"

We were discussing on the Rabbit Hole how some of us live in really bad areas, with a lot of gunfire taking place (and not for hunting or target practice). Anyway, I heard a FANTASTIC idea today that I think I will be doing soon to help with spiritual preparation in my neighborhood.

Get rocks and anoint them with oil and pray over them. As you walk through your neighborhood, toss them here and there. I think I will actually go buy some of the decorative "rocks" you can put in a vase. This way, when I toss them around the neighborhood, perhaps someone will find one and take it in their house, and the anointing of the Lord will enter with them. A coworkers mother did this in her own neighborhood and shortly thereafter, all of the troublesome neighbors moved out!

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 04-19-2016, 06:21 PM
Senior Member Formerly ageorgantas

Default Super idea!

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Greek Girl
Old 04-27-2016, 03:43 PM

I bought some of the decorative rocks and anointed/prayed over them. I spread several throughout our neighborhood. I still had quite a few of them left, so I prayed another prayer over them. Now I am passing them out to police officers and asking them to keep them in their squad cars. For those whom I suspect do not know the Lord, I explain that it's not a magic rock or anything like that. Rather, the power is in the God to whom I prayed as I anointed the rock.

One officer, who is a good friend of mine, said, "I believe in prayer, but I'm not sure about some of these guys are really bad. I just don't know that there is any hope." I replied, "But God is sovereign and He is more than able to remove them." My friend looked at me, smiled, and said, "You mean, like with our help?" I chuckled, and replied, "If that's what it takes."

I did get his attention when I told him this story: There was a married man in our church who was starting to give me some unwanted attention. I wondered if I should go to the pastor -- not to ask him to intervene, but only to make him aware in case anyone else spoke up. So I asked my 3 trusted friends what they thought I should do. All 3 said to go to pastor. I wanted to wait until the next day. However, later that day, the Lord said, "Don't do anything about this. Trust me, I will take care of this." In less than two weeks, the man was dead!

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 05-03-2016, 02:13 PM

Oh my.

Maybe someone followed through with stoning instructions for creepy behavior.

(My distasteful joke.)