The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Preparation

Old 05-16-2016, 04:48 PM

Default Prepping for pandemic?

I was flipping through the channels a few weeks ago and ended up watching Containment. It shows how the media would hide the facts, how people loot the stores, rob those waiting for MRE's, etc. All the criminal elements in every neighbourhood just emerge, and even previously "decent" people turned out greedy and violent.

And it could happen with all the "natural" viruses and engineered viruses and the chemtrails attacking our immune systems. Living in the inner city in a low income area like us, what would you do to prepare, other than pray and store up some water and canned food?
Psalm 37:39-40 "39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble. 40 And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.".

Last edited by Intruth; 05-16-2016 at 05:01 PM. Reason: I had the name of the TV series wrong - fixed it
Old 05-17-2016, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruth View Post
I was flipping through the channels a few weeks ago and ended up watching Containment. It shows how the media would hide the facts, how people loot the stores, rob those waiting for MRE's, etc. All the criminal elements in every neighbourhood just emerge, and even previously "decent" people turned out greedy and violent.

And it could happen with all the "natural" viruses and engineered viruses and the chemtrails attacking our immune systems. Living in the inner city in a low income area like us, what would you do to prepare, other than pray and store up some water and canned food?
Do what you suggested, but in your praying ask the Lord to possibly direct you to other like-minded believers in your area. The Lord can always make a way where there is no way for you to escape. Watch and pray always, that you might be counted worthy to escape the things coming on the earth and to stand before the Lord at his appearing. There really is no safe place outside the shadow of the Almighty. Lord Jesus bless you!
Old 07-14-2016, 11:39 AM

You might also map a route that will take you out of a high-population area for a couple days. Find an inexpensive campsite an hour away, and keep their phone number with your emergency gear. With the phone number, you can reserve a spot before others do.

If a pandemic begins, take a couple sick days from work/school...even if you're not too bad. Value your family's health.

Sometimes an uprising only takes place on a few blocks; but if it's your neighborhood, it's safer to leave for a few days.

Tents in garage sales and Craigslist go for as low as 5 bucks. Get a small tarp for the floor.

Look at the bus routes, the train routes. Set aside enough money for transportation and a couple night's stay.

In addition to Churndash's advice, map out where friends live outside of your neighborhood. (In a panic, you'd probably go right past their house.)

Last edited by kestrel; 07-14-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:10 AM

Default Good to hear, here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by churndash View Post
Do what you suggested, but in your praying ask the Lord to possibly direct you to other like-minded believers in your area. The Lord can always make a way where there is no way for you to escape. Watch and pray always, that you might be counted worthy to escape the things coming on the earth and to stand before the Lord at his appearing. There really is no safe place outside the shadow of the Almighty. Lord Jesus bless you!
That's right, Delores!

We need to keep our eyes on Jesus and believe what he says in His Word. That some are going to be "accounted worthy" to stand before Him and escape what is going to happen on earth! That is what IT says and I am believing IT and saying Luke 21:33-36 every morning along with Ephesians 6: 10 -18(the Armor of God). THOSE WORDS OF SCRIPTURE are my "best preps" and I pray that all forum members are ready to meet Jesus soon.

Other than that, I have a tent and an air bed, canned food, bottled water, and a skeet gun and a lightweight revolver with prayers that I do not have to use them.

Come real soon, Lord Jesus!!! is our prayer.
Psalm 91 and blessings bountiful to the forum members!!

Messy49,
Ken and Barb
Matthew 10:16
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. KJV