The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Preparation

Old 07-17-2016, 02:34 PM

Default Proverbs 21:31

I found this as I was reading today. I think it is a wise insight to this thread.

Proverbs 21:31 King James Version (KJV)

31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the Lord.

Proverbs 21:31 Living Bible (TLB)

31 Go ahead and prepare for the conflict,[a] but victory comes from God.

To me, this is saying to prepare to defend ourselves, but remember that our ultimate protection and victory will come from the Lord.

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 07-17-2016, 03:32 PM

How about Psalm 3 for these perilous times?
Old 07-18-2016, 05:49 AM

Default My take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee M View Post
I've been pondering on what to do when civil unrest, martial law, and FEMA camps come into play. Please brethren, share your thoughts with me on this.

We live about 5 blocks north of where the "hood" is, so when racial stuff starts exploding here, it will be in our neighborhood within a matter of minutes. If martial law is declared, there is nowhere to run in this area. We cannot escape to the mountains, etc. A few years ago, I already made up my mind that I am not going to run when things break loose. That being said, I'm now pondering on what the godly response is to the scenarios below. I would like to hear feedback from you with your insights.

1. When martial law is declared, and they try to take your guns and ammo, what will be your response?

2. Will it be a godly response to be prepared to shoot those who wish to take our guns and ammo so we can no longer protect our families?

3. What is the godly response when they want to take us to a FEMA camp or somewhere similar?

4. When the Mark goes into effect, and you don't plan to be on the run, is it ungodly to stand your ground and fight back when they come for you?

Feel free to add your own questions so we can all hash this out and help one another in finding godly solutions to what is coming.
Hi Forum Brothers and sisters,

I have been givung this scenario a lot of thought lately and here is what I have concluded.
If this comes down as I believe it VERY poosibly could, I would not let some "force" come into my house and take my weapons without a fight. Period!! They can take them out my cold dead hands. I believe that the people who come will themselves be breaking the rule of law of the sovereign country that I am a citizen of, therefore, I have a God-given and expected by Him right to protect my family(in this location, my lovely wife Barb) and any other Christian in my neighborhood that would ask for my help. We should not fool orselves! THE PEOPLE WHO COME WILL BE HIRED THUGS AND WILL BE RAPING AND PLUNDERING WHEN THEY COME!! And come they will if the Lord sees fit to tarry and if I have it figured close to right, we Will face this situation in this country. I think those in outlying areas, farms and the like have a much better chance to survive than those in urban areas. Imay talk with some of the Amish farm owners in this area to see if we can "squat" for a while on the corner of their property. If that is what the Lord wants He will provide a way.

I think this week could be the point of no return in the USA. With the RNC in Cleveland, and the Hillary movie scheduled, I see SOMETHING BIG happening!!!! Hope and pray I am wrong, not "Dead on the money" with my discernment and "feelings".

Keep the faith, my brothers and sisters. HE will never leave us or forsake us. I feel certain that Romans 13 does not apply to our situation because when it was written, the Roman authorities very a benign force to the Christians(mostly Jewish) that Paul was writing to. That IS NOT the case here. We will have a lawless, plundering, ungodly occupying bunch of rapists and worse. Again I say, keep the Faith that was ONCE delivered to the saints. Be strong in the LORD AND THE POWER OF HIS MIGHT. PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD.............PRAYING ALWAYS"IN THE SPIRIT" for All the saints"saved ones" . That is "you guys"

Messy49"(that is short for messenger and my birth year"
Ken and Barb
Matthew 10:16
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. KJV
Old 07-18-2016, 06:33 AM

Thanks Ken. After reading Isaiah 10 & 13, I am in complete agreement with you.

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 07-19-2016, 03:29 AM

Default Optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee M View Post
Thanks Ken. After reading Isaiah 10 & 13, I am in complete agreement with you.
I need to add a post script to my post.

I believe it is very possible that God will protect us "where we live, in our houses and property" while this country is being put down and burning. I do not believe it is a "done deal" yet, that we will have to make a last stand. If we keep our eyes on Jesus during these days, I believe we could get "supernatural" protection under His Wings.

Hold on to the horns of the altar, my brothers and sisters!!!!

Just saying(and praying)
Messy49(Ken and Barb)
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. KJV
Old 07-19-2016, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messy49 View Post

I believe it is very possible that God will protect us "where we live, in our houses and property" while this country is being put down and burning. I do not believe it is a "done deal" yet, that we will have to make a last stand. If we keep our eyes on Jesus during these days, I believe we could get "supernatural" protection under His Wings.

Just saying(and praying)
Messy49(Ken and Barb)
You are right, Ken! The battle is the Lord's and he can hide us in plain sight, if he so chooses.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:01 AM

Psalm 18 is a great one to help answer the questions I posed.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:02 AM

Default Another good article

Quote:

Just saying(and praying)
Messy49(Ken and Barb)
http://www.truthkeepers.com/?p=1155#comment-191087
Old 07-24-2016, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Quote:
From the article: "Two wrongs do not equal one right. "
My thoughts, "It's not algebra!"

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741
Old 07-24-2016, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Thank you for the article. Enjoyed it!

Like this verse from the article too.

Quote:
The psalmist wrote, “I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber.” – Psalm 121:1-2

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741