The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Prophecy, Dreams and Visions

Old 08-09-2016, 10:07 PM

Default Huge Tornado

My daughter had this dream a few nights ago. She has had several dreams before which have turned out to be significant. In this dream, we were driving along and we saw a huge tornado coming our way. Everyone else was doing U-turns and trying to escape, but God told us to keep going in the direction of the tornado. We drove into it and even though it was very frightening, we came out the other side, unharmed, because God protected us.

My daughter thinks it's not just for us but probably for the Body of Christ. We're not a hundred percent sure what the tornado represents. But whatever it is it suggests it is something that would totally disrupt life and throw everything into disarray. Maybe persecution. Any thoughts?
Old 08-10-2016, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemontea View Post
My daughter had this dream a few nights ago. She has had several dreams before which have turned out to be significant. In this dream, we were driving along and we saw a huge tornado coming our way. Everyone else was doing U-turns and trying to escape, but God told us to keep going in the direction of the tornado. We drove into it and even though it was very frightening, we came out the other side, unharmed, because God protected us.

My daughter thinks it's not just for us but probably for the Body of Christ. We're not a hundred percent sure what the tornado represents. But whatever it is it suggests it is something that would totally disrupt life and throw everything into disarray. Maybe persecution. Any thoughts?

Possibly that there will be some huge trial coming to your family and you're not to run from it. I have been in the middle of these 'HUGE' storms/trials and the LORD DOES INDEED see you through it.

Also, this could be a warning for you all to pray against whatever might be coming. HE gives us dreams so we can know how to pray accordingly. Just my 2 cents......
Old 08-11-2016, 12:54 PM

Thanks for your thoughts, Elizabeth Marie. Yes it could be a personal message to our family...but then, the other people turning back doesn't seem to fit in. I will be praying, whatever!
Old 08-11-2016, 04:18 PM

I don't know for sure what your dream means, but I'll share with you a personal story I had regarding a dream of being in a violent tornado. I will change the names of the people involved for obvious reasons.

Maude, a lady at church, was wanting me to try to help get Betsy to go back with Maude's perverted son Max. Max was abusive, a cheater, and a child molester. (He is a convicted sex offender, having spent several years in prison after this situation.) She was having Max call me to talk about his issue with Betsy. I let him know in no uncertain terms that he was NEVER to call me again!

Before it got to this point, I had the dream. I remember it being so intense, so I asked the Lord if there was a personal meaning to the dream. He said, "If you let Maude suck you into this situation, it is going to be like being in the middle of a tornado."

So it could be a personal warning to you about something you are experiencing in your own life OR it could be a prophetic warning to ALL OF US.

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 08-11-2016, 05:24 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemontea View Post

You may consider asking Jesus IF it is what the bible refers to as a whirlwind....

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 08-11-2016, 11:06 PM

That's awesome Renee that God warned you to stay right out of that situation. It's interesting that you should bring up that case. I'm actually caught up in something similar. My daughter and I are certain that someone we know has molested a child, but we don't have the proof we need to take it to the police. Waiting and praying ( and of course keeping the child safe). The dream may well be telling us to keep moving forwards with this, even though it's going to cause a 'tornado'.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:07 PM

Yes, HisDoulos, I must look into the biblical images of a whirlwind. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisDoulas View Post
You may consider asking Jesus IF it is what the bible refers to as a whirlwind....
Definitely. That's the first thing that came to mind having had similar dreams in the past. God provided the meaning eventually (there was a destructive judgement) but the warning was given definition through the Holy Spirit opening my eyes as I saught understanding in the Scriptures.

This past three months I have had two more dreams of tornadoes - travelling specifically towards my home city of Birmingham as opposed to last time around (2008 and heading specifically for the church).

I await further instruction, beyond having prayed, and would counsel you (Lemontea) to do the same. The temptation is to seek complete and instant understanding, details, timings, apart from God. Had I shared my dreams from 2008 to my then fellowship, I would not have got the answer because the dreams concerned them. I did eventually, but got rebuked and rebuffed - but by then I knew the specifics and didn't hang around once the warning had been sounded.

The judgement then hit within a year.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Old 08-13-2016, 08:41 AM

Jeremiah 23:19 – Behold, a whirlwind of the Lord is gone forth in fury, even a grievous whirlwind: it shall fall grievously upon the head of the wicked.

Last year I dreamed that I was talking with my nephew from my apartment window. He was standing outside and holding a writing pad. Suddenly, I looked to my right and saw 2 rope-like tornadoes forming. To my left, a former co-worker of mine was also with us. When I saw the tornadoes, I anxiously asked my nephew did he not see them forming close by. He looked at them completely unconcerned and told me not to worry about it. However, my former co-worker took off running in the opposite direction.

I have to add that although my co-worker professed to be a Christian, that was not how she treated me – she was very self-involved and had no problem manipulating people and circumstances to benefit herself.

I noticed in your dream that everyone else did U-turns to escape the danger. I think you were told to go through the whirlwind because God was in it – so to speak – and He was not coming after you.

Last edited by mulanrose; 08-13-2016 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:31 PM

Great replies everyone, thanks ☺