The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Health and Physical Well Being

Old 09-05-2016, 01:30 PM

Question PVCs - At what point do I do something????

So the solar flares have been high since Sept. 1, and that affects the heart. Today was better because the levels dropped. However, it jumped into the high range again just a short while ago.

Having worked the weekend, dealing with this ALL weekend, I am beyond exhausted. I am frustrated, and my fuse is running much shorter than normal.

I came home and wanted to take a nap because today was a horrendous day. However, when I laid down, here is how it went:
1. Heart skips a beat.
2. Heart flip flops.
3. Heart beats hard for several beats before settling down
4. Just as heart starts beating a normal rhythm again, cycle starts all over.
So this was happening about every 20-30 beats. And no, I never did get any rest.

That being said, what are your thoughts? Do I call the doctor again? On days when the solar flare levels are down, I still have several PVCs throughout the day, but not as bad as when the levels are high.

I am so frustrated!

ETA: I have been doing some reading online and just discovered that additional magnesium can cause damage to kidneys, especially if you already have chronic kidney disease. When I saw the urologist last week, CKD (chronic kidney disease) was just one diagnosis he wrote on my paperwork.

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Last edited by Renee M; 09-05-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:50 PM

I'm so sorry you are experiences so many "flops". It is totally exhausting. When I had the ablation done on my heart 6 years ago the electrophysiologist that did the procedure told me that it would not help the pvs's and that there was no medication I could take for those (the ablation was for the tachycardia). I wouldn't want to tell you not to go to a doctor that was just my experience concerning pvc's and a doctor. I stopped going to him a long time ago.

I have cut out all caffeine, all chocolate and try really hard to avoid MSG and the many names it goes by. This has definitely helped but some days are just worse than others. I miss chocolate and sweet tea but its just not worth consuming those things. Sometimes sleeping is the only thing I can do and hope that when I wake up they are gone for the most part. For me hormones also play a HUGE part in my heart flopping. Nurses always know what I'm talking about, doctors not so much. I did have one cardiologist that believed me about the connection but he retired. For me stress also is a big contributor. Don't know that this is much help but these are my triggers for pvc's and what I do to help minimize them.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I'm so sorry you are experiences so many "flops". It is totally exhausting. When I had the ablation done on my heart 6 years ago the electrophysiologist that did the procedure told me that it would not help the pvs's and that there was no medication I could take for those (the ablation was for the tachycardia). I wouldn't want to tell you not to go to a doctor that was just my experience concerning pvc's and a doctor. I stopped going to him a long time ago.

I have cut out all caffeine, all chocolate and try really hard to avoid MSG and the many names it goes by. This has definitely helped but some days are just worse than others. I miss chocolate and sweet tea but its just not worth consuming those things. Sometimes sleeping is the only thing I can do and hope that when I wake up they are gone for the most part. For me hormones also play a HUGE part in my heart flopping. Nurses always know what I'm talking about, doctors not so much. I did have one cardiologist that believed me about the connection but he retired. For me stress also is a big contributor. Don't know that this is much help but these are my triggers for pvc's and what I do to help minimize them.
Kelly, thanks for sharing. It does give me some food for thought. I have vacation coming up in October. Perhaps I can try to break the caffeine habit at that time. But I don't wanna!!!!! I love my coffee!!!!!! It's the one 'treat' I allow myself since I gave up all sodas over 3 years ago.

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 09-05-2016, 03:11 PM

Smile

I gave up soda too or "pop". I do miss coffee so I know it is no fun to give up. Even decaf bothers me, the only one I can tolerate is Folgers Instant Decaf. Not the best but better than nothing. One good thing - I very rarely ever get a headache anymore
Old 09-07-2016, 07:33 AM

Ok, so I need to ask ya'll to pray for my family and my coworkers. I went to the store today and bought decaf coffee. I am going to mix it with my regular coffee, but still, it's going to be a shock to my system when it doesn't get the normal, high-dose of caffeine in the morning. I may be a hard person to live/work with over the next week or so while I adjust.

However, I know my heart will thank me.

I had to fast for my kidney ultrasound this morning. After I got done with that, I went to McDonald's for breakfast. I ordered a coffee with 1/2 decaf, 1/2 leaded. I still feel like my b*tt is dragging the ground, but at least my mind doesn't feel quite as foggy.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Mod-er-rator

An interesting side note: not all decaf coffees are created equal.

How the caffeine is removed is very important because most companies use a chemical process to remove the caffeine. An organic coffee that has used the water process or Swiss miss process to remove the caffeine is preferential to avoid any unnecessary and icky tasting chemicals.

I know it has been said to not freeze coffee, but I find organic coffee beans, on sale, and double wrap them using zip lock bags and they last for years.....smelling and tasting just as fresh as when they were popped into the freezer.

Grinding the beans, and only enough for a one day's usage, makes a half decaf half regular cup delicious.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 09-08-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisDoulas View Post

Grinding the beans, and only enough for a one day's usage, makes a half decaf half regular cup delicious.

So dear sister, when are you having me over for a cup?

Old 09-08-2016, 10:43 AM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee M View Post
So dear sister, when are you having me over for a cup?
As soon as I can find my invisible squirt water gun in case you come loaded and antsy for an ice water challenge.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 09-08-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisDoulas View Post
As soon as I can find my invisible squirt water gun in case you come loaded and antsy for an ice water challenge.
You know me too well.