The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Politics

Old 09-13-2016, 06:39 AM

Default Christians should not vote.

I was already planning on not voting and after listening to this, I am more convinced that I'm making the right choice.

Mark 8:36
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

Old 09-13-2016, 08:22 AM
Mod-er-rator

I disagree with the author of the OP video.

Had believers been more involved in 1962 as prayer was removed from schools, in 1973 as Roe v Wade passed and in 2014 homosexual "marriages" might not have so readily happened.

Folks can get all obsessed with the political process, or any distraction, for that matter. Believers have the freedom to vote or not vote. It is liken to eating pork or shellfish. One has the choice to partake or abstain from the political process. Voting or not voting does not make a believer more or less righteous.

In my humble opinion, it is a matter of personal conscience and conviction. One size does not fit all.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 09-13-2016, 08:57 AM

I can see your point of view HisDoulas. Yet I also believe that if the church would have been the church way before then, there would be no need to get to that point. I believe society's moral compass was greatly damaged when the majority of church chose to be silent out in public and instead began to keep the church within four walls.

I think the video's author does a good job of explaining his position and uses bible references. You're right though, there is no one size fits all.
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

Last edited by EyesToSee; 09-13-2016 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:01 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesToSee View Post
I can see your point of view HisDoulas. Yet I also believe that if the church would have been the church way before then, there would be no need to get to that point. I believe society's moral compass was greatly damaged when the majority of church chose to be silent out in public and instead began to keep the church within four walls.

I think the video's author does a good job of explaining his position and uses bible references. You're right though, there is no one size fits all.
Actually, brother Juan......I do not really appreciate his buck shot scattered type of bible study. Yes, he uses a lot of scriptures but not in context. The OT and NT, when studied with the Holy Spirit's leading, in linguistic and contextual integrity, flow together.

He said Jesus "was not political." I disagree.

Jesus Christ three times in three different gospels (Matthew, Mark and Luke) told us to render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

There's no name attached to his work, which makes me uncomfortable when someone produces a "biblical" you tube video and does not identify them-self. There's no way to research whom he really is, so it makes me wonder if he is a JW?

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 09-13-2016, 03:26 PM

Can you tell me which scriptures he used out of context? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just don't see it.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:16 AM

I don't think any person can tell one to vote or not to vote. That is a choice each has to make. Our Lord is just looking at our hearts if we vote or not. There are right reasons and there are wrong reasons.

For the 43 years I've been allowed to vote I've never seen a presidential choice that I wanted. I guess I was looking for Christ to get the nomination. I surely would have settled for Enoch.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:59 AM

Default Our citizenship is in heaven.

This explains the politics of Jesus very well.

Quote:
“Jesus answered him, ‘Are you speaking for yourself about this, or did others tell you this concerning Me?’ Pilate answered, ‘Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered You to me. What have You done?’ Jesus answered, ‘My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I would not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here’” (John 18:33-36, emphasis added throughout).

Even though Jesus was born to be a king, He told Pilate that He wasn’t involved in the politics of that age.

In spite of the clear message from the Bible that the Kingdom of God will not come through human efforts, numerous people through the centuries have taught that it does. Some say the Kingdom is in men’s hearts, while others say that the mission of the Church is to change today’s governments, making them godly.

Yet the Bible teaches that Jesus will take over the kingdoms of this world when He returns at the sound of a trumpet (1 Thessalonians 4:16; Revelation 11:15). Then the dead in Christ will be resurrected to rule with Christ as the Kingdom of God is established here on earth (1 Corinthians 15:51-52; Revelation 20:4).
https://lifehopeandtruth.com/god/who...tics-of-jesus/

Old 09-14-2016, 11:37 AM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesToSee View Post
This explains the politics of Jesus very well.

https://lifehopeandtruth.com/god/who...tics-of-jesus/
Voting does not make a person a dominionist. We are not planning to take the kingdom for GOD.

We are just participating in our constitutional right.

It is a choice that is NOT denied by scripture.

Where are you getting this stuff?

http://www.exitsupportnetwork.com/artcls/ucg.htm

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...monic_cult.htm

http://www.exitsupportnetwork.com/resrch/wcg/roots.htm
Old 09-14-2016, 01:57 PM
Mod-er-rator

Default Something I just need to say......

This is a side note to this mandate that "Christians should not vote."

If they heard the above declaration..... my ancestors would be rolling in their graves. Many served in WW2 either in Pearl Harbor, were held in the Philippines when the Japanese invaded or were shot out of the sky and buried in Europe.

Why would they be doing a flip flop in their coffin? Because they sacrificed to defend our right to vote or not to vote based upon one's personal conviction or decision. Not from some voice on a you tube video that hasn't even got the guts or man parts to publish his name.

I respect everyone's individual decision. But to make a legalistic, blanket statement that Christians should not vote is, in my ever so humble opinion, just wrong.

Last edited by HisDoulas; 09-14-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Voting does not make a person a dominionist. We are not planning to take the kingdom for GOD.

We are just participating in our constitutional right.

It is a choice that is NOT denied by scripture.

Where are you getting this stuff?

http://www.exitsupportnetwork.com/artcls/ucg.htm

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...monic_cult.htm

http://www.exitsupportnetwork.com/resrch/wcg/roots.htm
I agree Donna that it is our constitutional right to vote or not to vote. I also agree that scripture does not prohibit us from voting. What I'm trying to say and show is that scripture is also clear that our allegiance is to God and that Jesus was not at all involved in politics. I'm not sure why you posted those websites above?

I'm getting this information from the bible and the Holy Spirit's leading.

Does nobody else see what's happening? How the enemy uses these political distractions?