The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Politics

Old 09-14-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisDoulas View Post
This is a side note to this mandate that "Christians should not vote."

If they heard the above declaration..... my ancestors would be rolling in their graves. Many served in WW2 either in Pearl Harbor, were held in the Philippines when the Japanese invaded or were shot out of the sky and buried in Europe.

Why would they be doing a flip flop in their coffin? Because they sacrificed to defend our right to vote or not to vote based upon one's personal conviction or decision. Not from some voice on a you tube video that hasn't even got the guts or man parts to publish his name.

I respect everyone's individual decision. But to make a legalistic, blanket statement that Christians should not vote is, in my ever so humble opinion, just wrong.
HisDoulas,
Maybe I should have worded it differently. Maybe I should have written that Christians don't have to vote. I've talked to folks who were in WWII and heard the stories of their heroic acts. And I definitely did not mean to diminish them and their bravery one single bit. I too served my country and have sacrificed for our freedoms. And I once was very proud of my country. I still love my country but I've come to realize that this is not my home. I'm just here temporary.

Also, from reading the scriptures it is clear to me that Jesus doesn't want me to try and get a certain person elected. He will raise up a new leader for this country according to his will.

I also have friends who make you tube videos without making their identity public, and I can't blame them. I would not think that they are less of a man for doing that.

I apologize for offending you. You are right, each individual must follow his own convictions when it comes to voting.
Mark 8:36
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

Old 09-14-2016, 06:15 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesToSee View Post
I agree Donna that it is our constitutional right to vote or not to vote. I also agree that scripture does not prohibit us from voting. What I'm trying to say and show is that scripture is also clear that our allegiance is to God and that Jesus was not at all involved in politics. I'm not sure why you posted those websites above?

I'm getting this information from the bible and the Holy Spirit's leading.

Does nobody else see what's happening? How the enemy uses these political distractions?
Thank you for clarifying. I agree 100% that our allegience is ONLY to Jesus and we can choose to not vote.

From the link on your previous post...I thought you might be going down the UCOC route....I was concerned.

Bless you
Donna
Old 09-14-2016, 06:31 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
HisDoulas,
Maybe I should have worded it differently. Maybe I should have written that Christians don't have to vote. I've talked to folks who were in WWII and heard the stories of their heroic acts. And I definitely did not mean to diminish them and their bravery one single bit. I too served my country and have sacrificed for our freedoms. And I once was very proud of my country. I still love my country but I've come to realize that this is not my home. I'm just here temporary.

Also, from reading the scriptures it is clear to me that Jesus doesn't want me to try and get a certain person elected. He will raise up a new leader for this country according to his will.

I also have friends who make you tube videos without making their identity public, and I can't blame them. I would not think that they are less of a man for doing that.

I apologize for offending you. You are right, each individual must follow his own convictions when it comes to voting.
Dear friend and brother....

I am not offended.

A little irritated, yes, that you did not do your research a little better on the anonymous you tube fella and those other sites you subsequently linked. Those sites made you appear to be endorsing legalistic chains.

We have freedom, as believers within the confines of The Word and what little is left of the Constitution, to exercise our GOD given rights. Granted our citizenship is not of this world. But we are in this world and this nation to make a difference. GOD is a GOD of order and structure and governance.

My point is Jesus was submissive to His Heavenly Father as we all are to be. And if someone wants to vote they are not sinning to do so. If one chooses not to participate in voting, it is not a sin. Either way it does not make us more righteous or less righteous. To be perfectly clear: I have voted in every presidential election since I became of legal age, except the last one. And I may not vote in this upcoming one. But, that is a personal decision and does not make me a better or worse person than my brothers and sisters who choose to vote.

I agree with you that The Lord GOD, according to His will, is the one who will ultimately place a person in office, not us.

May His peace be unto you and yours.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 09-15-2016, 09:15 AM

Thanks HisDoulas and I pray God's blessings upon you also.

Another thing that I just thought about is found in 2 Corinthians 5:20, where Paul says we are ambassadors here on earth.

Quote:
Generally speaking, an ambassador is a respected official acting as a representative of a nation. Sent to a foreign land, the ambassador’s role is to reflect the official position of the sovereign body that gave him authority. Writing to the Corinthians, Paul likens his own calling to that of an ambassador, and he urges all Christians to consider themselves ambassadors for Christ. The gospel of reconciliation was always at the heart of Paul’s preaching: “For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel” (1 Corinthians 1:17).

Our reconciliation with God is possible only because Christ went to the cross and received the punishment due for our sin. When our Savior cried out, “It is finished,” the barrier between sinful man and Holy God was removed, making all those who trust in Him “holy in His sight, without blemish and free from accusation” (Colossians 1:22). Our reconciliation is based on the salvation Jesus provides, and it is accepted by faith (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9).

Christians are God’s ambassadors in that they have been “approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel” (1 Thessalonians 2:4). As we go through this world, we represent another Kingdom (John 18:36), and it is our responsibility to reflect the “official position” of heaven. We are in this world, but not of it (John 17:16). God’s ambassadors are to be “as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves” (Matthew 10:16). Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we must take the message of our King to the “ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8), imploring men and women everywhere to be reconciled to God.

http://www.gotquestions.org/ambassador-for-Christ.html
Mark 8:36
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

Old 09-15-2016, 12:36 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Thanks HisDoulas and I pray God's blessings upon you also.

Another thing that I just thought about is found in 2 Corinthians 5:20, where Paul says we are ambassadors here on earth.
I agree brother.

We are to extend the olive branch of peace and love and truth as we travel this journey called life. It is our job to live the Gospel, not merely lip sinc it. And, as much as possible, be at peace with all men and women. I have heard it said: "You're the only bible some folks will ever read."

An ambassador usually serves in a foreign land. And so it is with believers. This world is not our home, we're just passing thru. Heard a preacher years ago say he'd never seen a coffin towing a u-haul. It is wise to not get too attached to stuff but rather put our roots down deep into Him and His Word. And to remember our goal: Mark 16: 15 - 18

Blessings friend.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."

Last edited by HisDoulas; 09-15-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:14 AM

Vote according to your conscience, or don't vote according to your conscience.

Either way, we should recognize how totally irrelevant our vote is when compared to the power of our prayers. If we (the church as a whole) were praying with as much fervor as we sometimes exhibit towards political action, we would be living in a different kind of country.

Praying fervently and living out our Christian witness is what is truly important. Those are the only things that will truly make a difference in this country. The trouble is, we (the church) don't really believe it.

We see the horrid state of affairs in this country and the first solution that too many of us are running to is to demand a king that will really set things straight while failing to realize that we already serve the King of Kings, or at least we should be serving the King of Kings.

Please don't make the mistake of demanding a king on the order of Saul instead of turning to our one, true King who will guide us and direct us in how we should be living in these perilous times. He can and will do that regardless of whether we vote or don't vote, but only if we are diligently seeking and following Him in a way that ensures that we are not numbered among the Foolish Virgins.

The important thing is that He is the only King in our hearts and that we are serving Him faithfully. We need to set our hearts and minds on serving Him and let Him worry about how things turn out.

The real question for each of us is, "Where is my heart? Am I trusting in God, or am I trusting in a man to solve the problems of this country?"

Jesus Christ IS our King. Fear Him. Love Him. Serve Him. Fear the Lord and obey His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. What are his commandments? Love the Lord our God with everything that we have, and love our neighbors as ourselves. Pray without ceasing. Pray for our leaders. These are the things that truly count. Do these things first, last, and always, and then vote or don't vote as you so choose.

Last edited by Watchman63; 09-17-2016 at 06:53 AM.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:56 PM

Default Why I'm Voting and who I'm voting for!

I am voting for Trump!
I feel we have no choice!
I know all about the evil vs. evil argument!
But we are not voting for a Sunday School teacher nor a Pastor!
We are, in all reality, voting for our constitution!
We all know just how bad Hillary is and her past!
We know her stance on a secure border and one world govt!
No border's and no guns!
Well how do we know Trump will deliver?
we don't, but we do know how Hillary will deliver!
So, do we cast our vote for her, or a third party candidate,
ensuring she gets in,
or do we vote for a chance at someone who will appoint conservative Supreme Court Justice's who will follow the constitution?
We know Hill won't! Trump say's he will!
But what if he doesn't!
we will know quite quik like!
but we know before the actual vote, that if Hillary gets in we are screwed for sure!
So I am praying for an outcome like what took place in Britain recently!
The polls all said Brexit was going down, yet when the actual vote took place,
87% of the people voted for the end of the world for them supposedly,
Brexit flew!
The PM had to resign!
Good, he was a shill!
Now Hill has already stated, she want's NWO!
I say 'screw her' and the pony she's been riding!
every city run by democrats is down the tubes!
Not my country if I can help it!
God Bless all and may the Peace of the Lord be with you!
Take your decision to the Lord!
Blessing's!
Old 10-15-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Pilot View Post
I am voting for Trump!
I feel we have no choice!
I know all about the evil vs. evil argument!
But we are not voting for a Sunday School teacher nor a Pastor!
We are, in all reality, voting for our constitution!
We all know just how bad Hillary is and her past!
We know her stance on a secure border and one world govt!
No border's and no guns!
Well how do we know Trump will deliver?
we don't, but we do know how Hillary will deliver!
So, do we cast our vote for her, or a third party candidate,
ensuring she gets in,
or do we vote for a chance at someone who will appoint conservative Supreme Court Justice's who will follow the constitution?
We know Hill won't! Trump say's he will!
But what if he doesn't!
we will know quite quik like!
but we know before the actual vote, that if Hillary gets in we are screwed for sure!
So I am praying for an outcome like what took place in Britain recently!
The polls all said Brexit was going down, yet when the actual vote took place,
87% of the people voted for the end of the world for them supposedly,
Brexit flew!
The PM had to resign!
Good, he was a shill!
Now Hill has already stated, she want's NWO!
I say 'screw her' and the pony she's been riding!
every city run by democrats is down the tubes!
Not my country if I can help it!
God Bless all and may the Peace of the Lord be with you!
Take your decision to the Lord!
Blessing's!

I agree we have to do everything available to us keeping her out of the White House you have to vote for Trump.
SQ calls it the slaughter house a good name for it the way things are going.

God Bless

Last edited by arrowcreek; 10-15-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-15-2016, 01:30 PM

To a point I see it like Skypilot and Arrowcreek do. I also realize when I vote for Trump I very well may be voting to bring the world collapse sooner. That's not my intent. But it very well may happen if this country is allowed to elect Trump. So be it. I serve a perfect President, our King Yeshua! He trumps every king man elects.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:12 PM
Mod-er-rator

Seriously, folks, do you really think your vote or that of your spouse or all your circle of influence family and friends is going to be the game changer?

TPTB have already selected their "king" or "queen" to carry out their dastardly NWO plans. DT and HC are blood and spirit related, two sides of the same warped and corrupted coin.