The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Politics

Old 10-19-2016, 03:41 AM

I understand how each of you feel about not voting it has crossed my mind. I am planning to vote because I am so afraid for my family under Hillary. She will work to banish anything Christian and my unsaved family will have less and less of a chance. They will also be more and more encouraged by unholy influences that will be popular public opinion.

I have however, struggled with voting for someone who believes in abortion and other things. Then I read Isaiah 45 Where God raised up King Cyrus who did not know God but was used by God. He also hardened the heart of Pharaoh so He could be glorified which are examples of God using rulers that were not followers of Him to do His will.

Is Trump another King Cyrus? I don't know, but by not voting I will be contributing to the horror of what will happen under Hillary.

I know this is a convoluted way of thinking about this election but it is where I have arrived at as of today. I do however think that no matter which one is elected we are in for a very dangerous and bumpy ride because what God has ordained will occur. My only hope for voting is that Trump might make it a bit easier for Christians to find a safe place during the turbulent times ahead. Just guessing guys, I am certainly not sure and I could be totally wrong. He might tear off his guise and revel a much worse enemy if elected.

If so then I Pray no matter who wins; May God's will for us be done and may each of us be hidden under the Wings of the Almighty, Amen

Pat
Old 10-19-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurphy View Post
I understand how each of you feel about not voting it has crossed my mind. I am planning to vote because I am so afraid for my family under Hillary. She will work to banish anything Christian and my unsaved family will have less and less of a chance. They will also be more and more encouraged by unholy influences that will be popular public opinion.

I have however, struggled with voting for someone who believes in abortion and other things. Then I read Isaiah 45 Where God raised up King Cyrus who did not know God but was used by God. He also hardened the heart of Pharaoh so He could be glorified which are examples of God using rulers that were not followers of Him to do His will.

Is Trump another King Cyrus? I don't know, but by not voting I will be contributing to the horror of what will happen under Hillary.

I know this is a convoluted way of thinking about this election but it is where I have arrived at as of today. I do however think that no matter which one is elected we are in for a very dangerous and bumpy ride because what God has ordained will occur. My only hope for voting is that Trump might make it a bit easier for Christians to find a safe place during the turbulent times ahead. Just guessing guys, I am certainly not sure and I could be totally wrong. He might tear off his guise and revel a much worse enemy if elected.

If so then I Pray no matter who wins; May God's will for us be done and may each of us be hidden under the Wings of the Almighty, Amen

Pat

I agree keep the Harlot from riding on the Beast System who is the TPTB, stand-up and fight, we have a mighty sword the word of God and Faith in Him, He said how much Faith will I find on Earth when I return, don't disappoint Him.

God Bless
Old 10-19-2016, 07:33 AM
Mod-er-rator

Each of us are pretty passionate and opinionated, upon that, I think we can agree. We have differing thoughts about this election and whom we should or should not vote for, or abstain from voting or remain undecided. Yet, despite our feelings and our personal reasons for being or not being involved in the voting process...... this body of believers is so beautiful. And that includes those of you whom have remained silent, too!

I love you brothers and sisters and appreciate how lively and yet how very civil this discussion has been.

It is not so elsewhere, where folks are verbally ripping other saints apart and discarding and fighting openly and viciously berating family and friends.

Thank you beloved saints.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 10-22-2016, 07:08 PM

I haven't been here in a few months and posted, but first I'd rather say hello to everyone first and then post, again. OK, I should have done that earlier.

Reading this what came to mind is as we vote we should OBEY what is written in the scripture about praying for those in authority.

I lost sight of that although the Holy Spirit has been prompting me to pray for our governing authorities. I have but not the way I should.

Point is, yeah we should vote since we have that right and responsibility. That's from our side. From God's point of view we should PRAY and miss out when we don't.