I plan to vote for Clinton. 0 0%
I plan to vote for Trump. 10 52.63%
I plan to vote third party. 4 21.05%
I do not plan on voting at all. 2 10.53%
I am currently undecided. 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2016, 10:56 AM

Default A Few Thoughts On This Election

I just wanted to share a few thoughts about this election and see what others may be thinking.

First, I can't ever remember a time in this nation when we have been so divided on so many fronts and on so many issues. I think that this election cycle is a perfect reflection of that. I'm sure that the rest of the world is also keeping a close eye on this election and we must look like a nation that is in total disarray right now.

As Donald and Hillary continue to drag this campaign through the mud, reaching never before seen levels of negativity, we must seem very weak on the world stage right now. A house divided anyone?

The Trump supporters have their heels dug in deep and the same is true for the Clinton supporters. Both sides seem to be extremely fearful of the other side winning the White House. The so-called "undecideds" that will supposedly determine this election seem very few indeed.

The dirt that has been brought out by both sides has seemed to have created a polarizing effect among the citizenry. Few are left riding the fence at this point compared to other presidential elections.

To be honest, this is the first time that I do not feel comfortable voting and I've been voting for a long time. There is a certain third party candidate that I like, but I know that I would be throwing my vote away. Four years ago when I strongly supported Ron Paul I felt as though I was sending a message to Washington, but now I feel that option no longer applies (voting third party). Now I feel like everything is riding on the line!

Nathan has done a great job breaking down this issue from many different angles and exactly what it means to consider (or not consider) voting for "the lesser of two evils" which seems to be the case in every election, but to a lesser degree. This election has presented some very real moral issues that I think every Christian voter needs to wrestle with deep down inside. I think it's called....having a conscience. Voting the lesser of two evils is not going to cut it for me this time. I'm tired of bad choices!

To be honest, I can't stand the thought of Hillary getting into the White House. That would almost guarantee expanded wars (possibly a showdown with Russia), bigger government and government control in our lives, a real threat to the second amendment, increased debt, higher taxes and immigration with no end in sight!

Another issue is electronic voting machines (which I despise) which I think presents a very real possibility of widespread voter/election fraud. But, I guess we really don't have much control over that one and so it's probably not worth worrying about.

For a long time I considered the possibility that Trump was simply a plant to ensure a Hillary victory, but now I'm not so sure because it seems as though the entire establishment has turned against him. I'm talking about the mainstream media as well as certain high profile members of the Republican party.

At this point the only thing that I am strongly committed to is our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ because I know that He is firmly in control and it is His will that will be done. At the end of the day, when all of this is said and done, I know that I am in pretty good hands. Keeping my priorities straight has given me much peace, but I also feel that we are watching a very important chapter in American history unfold before our very eyes.

So why did I start this thread? Because for the first time I am still undecided at this point in the election (just a few weeks away) and that bothers me because I usually have no trouble cutting through the garbage and making a decision.

What do you guys think?

Maybe we should do an anonymous poll about this election. It could go something like this;

Where do you stand on the election?

A) I plan to vote for Clinton
B) I plan to vote for Trump
C) I plan to vote third party
D) I do not plan on voting at all
E) I am currently undecided

God bless you my friends!

"Ask, and it shall be given you; Seek, and ye shall find; Knock, and it shall be opened unto you:"
Old 10-13-2016, 01:24 PM

You have to vote to keep Hillary out, your absolutely right a vote for a third party member is a vote for Hillary, and a no vote is just going to give her a better chance of winning. So what are you going to do?

There will be rigging in this election I'm sure, but they will be the guilty ones not us.

Most of us are praying about it I'm sure.

God Bless
Old 10-13-2016, 01:48 PM

They've given us two clowns to chose from and love to watch us become further divided by them. I will vote for Jesus. Only he can heal our land.
Mark 8:36
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

Old 10-13-2016, 02:44 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

The only reason we have trump as a candidate is because of manipulation.

Roger stone AKA the Prince of darkness. Manipulated evangelicals from the get go by putting false stories out about all the other contenders.

Christians bought it hook line and sinker.

Then we had the so called "alternative" Christian media promoting false prophecies left and right that practically deify Donald Trump. Lance Walnou and Mark Taylor being the worst offenders.

Evangelicals have willingly been manipulated. They took their bibles and set them aside so that they could support a man that has no moral compass whatsoever...let alone GOD's moral compass.

Now after being so manipulated they will support their candidate no matter what and at any cost.

They chant.....Make America Great oh mighty Trump.

Give us a supreme court that will save us oh great leader.

What they fail to see and grasp is that America will never be great again. Not in the way that the BIBLE would consider great.

Making a promise that we will be allowed to say "Merry Christmas" is not protecting Christianity. We cannot even agree among ourselves if we should or should not celebrate Christmas.

Bringing jobs back to America..will in no way stem the moral decay of this nation. It will not stop the LGBT assault on our children's hearts and minds.

We are not going to be able to close Pandoras box just because a man who supposedly converted (not by his words..He has NEVER confessed Christ..even when given the opportunity in the last debate) to our faith.

We have had a mostly conservative supreme court for many years..and yet we have gay marriage and abortion....

And Trump is not opposed to abortion as a moral stance..it is a political stance...I mean come on people WAKE UP!!!!!!

So all that to say...

I am going to vote third party. Because I have to sleep at night.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:49 PM

I voted for Perot in 92. I was tired of the lies. Because people like me voted for him we threw the election to Clinton. That use to bother me. I know enough now to realized if Bush Sr. had a second term there would be almost no difference. Well, maybe Monica.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADONE View Post
I voted for Perot in 92. I was tired of the lies. Because people like me voted for him we threw the election to Clinton. That use to bother me. I know enough now to realized if Bush Sr. had a second term there would be almost no difference. Well, maybe Monica.
I voted for Perot also I feel the same way, but if every Christian did the same, would it changed things? At least I voted I don't feel guilty about that, it's freedom we have that other countries don't have. This maybe our last chance also.

God Bless
Old 10-13-2016, 05:36 PM
Senior Member Formerly ageorgantas

Default Opposite

I'm just the opposite. I used to think that the people who voted for Perot not only wasted their votes but split the republicans so that the democrats won. I don't think that way any more. I think people should vote their conscience -- no matter how the votes shake out.

When you think about it, nobody will stand up until somebody stands up. Once one person stands, then another will join, and another, and another, until something is done. Can you imagine the message it would send if NEITHER candidate had enough votes to carry the day?

Greek Girl
Old 10-13-2016, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
The only reason we have trump as a candidate is because of manipulation.

Roger stone AKA the Prince of darkness. Manipulated evangelicals from the get go by putting false stories out about all the other contenders.

Christians bought it hook line and sinker.

Then we had the so called "alternative" Christian media promoting false prophecies left and right that practically deify Donald Trump. Lance Walnou and Mark Taylor being the worst offenders.

Evangelicals have willingly been manipulated. They took their bibles and set them aside so that they could support a man that has no moral compass whatsoever...let alone GOD's moral compass.

Now after being so manipulated they will support their candidate no matter what and at any cost.

They chant.....Make America Great oh mighty Trump.

Give us a supreme court that will save us oh great leader.

What they fail to see and grasp is that America will never be great again. Not in the way that the BIBLE would consider great.

Making a promise that we will be allowed to say "Merry Christmas" is not protecting Christianity. We cannot even agree among ourselves if we should or should not celebrate Christmas.

Bringing jobs back to America..will in no way stem the moral decay of this nation. It will not stop the LGBT assault on our children's hearts and minds.

We are not going to be able to close Pandoras box just because a man who supposedly converted (not by his words..He has NEVER confessed Christ..even when given the opportunity in the last debate) to our faith.

We have had a mostly conservative supreme court for many years..and yet we have gay marriage and abortion....

And Trump is not opposed to abortion as a moral stance..it is a political stance...I mean come on people WAKE UP!!!!!!

So all that to say...

I am going to voter third party. Because I have to sleep at night.
Donna, I was just reading your post and finishing it up, when Steven came in and said, "I can't sleep." So I showed him what you said that I just read and then told him. "You better vote third party so you can sleep at night."

We both laughed.

But in reality he is not old enough, so he is going to make some chamomile tea.

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741
Old 10-13-2016, 08:45 PM

I am not planning to vote. Unless the Lord changes my mind.

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741
Old 10-13-2016, 09:57 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
Donna, I was just reading your post and finishing it up, when Steven came in and said, "I can't sleep." So I showed him what you said that I just read and then told him. "You better vote third party so you can sleep at night."

We both laughed.

But in reality he is not old enough, so he is going to make some chamomile tea.
Now that is funny!