View Poll Results: A Few Thoughts on This Election
I plan to vote for Clinton. 0 0%
I plan to vote for Trump. 10 52.63%
I plan to vote third party. 4 21.05%
I do not plan on voting at all. 2 10.53%
I am currently undecided. 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2016, 01:36 PM

Debbie couldn't sleep last night. And that rarely happens. Maybe I should suggest she votes 3rd party.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:06 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADONE View Post
Debbie couldn't sleep last night. And that rarely happens. Maybe I should suggest she votes 3rd party.
LOL.

Good one, brother.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM

So far - so good! If this little poll serves as a microcosm of what to expect on election day from among the American Christian voter, then perhaps things wont end as badly or as quickly as many of us fear. I'm assuming that there will be an election.

Not one single vote for Hillary so far.......

I guess I'm trying to see the silver lining in all of this without trading my common sense for optimism.

Let the polling continue my fellow forum friends..............

"Ask, and it shall be given you; Seek, and ye shall find; Knock, and it shall be opened unto you:"
Old 10-15-2016, 03:15 PM
Senior Member Formerly ageorgantas

Default They are out there

Hillary voters ARE out there, unfortunately. If you want to see them, just type in one of the hashtags trending on Twitter right now. So many are under the delusion that she stands for women. Also, some say she has "experience," and some are minorities who think Trump will stand with the rich against them. Now, for every one of those typing in an honest #Hillarybecause, there are two more typing in a NEVER #Hillarybecause. Still, it's sad to see so much nonsense on both sides.

My daughter came home from college this weekend, and we watched some videos about third party candidates. I think there will be more 3rd party voters than ever before (besides maybe the year Ross Perot ran), but that it will be a three-way split with Gary Johnson getting the lion's share, Jill Stein picking up the former Bernie voters, and Castle making a small showing in the states in which he can get on the ballot.

Greek Girl
Old 10-22-2016, 06:33 PM

I can't imagine a Christian voting for Hillary. Trump is bad enough.

Hopefully Trump will be neutral in regards to religion as a president, a secular office (even for what was a religious nation....not really a Christian nation).

And that is the only reason I can see voting for Trump, to keep Hillary out and to have a president who will be "hands off" when it comes to restricting religious freedom.

Having said it is up to the church, the body of Christ, to "return America to God" and to "have a Christian nation again." I put that in quotes since I'm quoting a general mindset of religious voters and Christians in general. I think we know a political movement/party cannot return us to God as a nation.

The only thing a president can do is set a moral example, hopefully an example that glorifies God. Well unless Trump has an personal revival of the Holy Spirit I don't see that happening.

And what it comes down to is this: it's up to the American church. And that is if we just preach a false gospel of prosperity, name and claim it, and chase after whatever manifestation that happens to show up then you can know for sure this nation will continue to decline since we (as a nation) are in rebellion against GOD, His WORD, the true leading of the Holy Spirit who conforms/transforms us to be like Jesus Christ.

And if Trump is serious about cleaning up Washington DC then that will be icing on the cake. Since that usually doesn't happen in the world (I John 2) I can imagine that will be God's judgment. So the question is have we, the body of Christ, have we been through the judgment of God for it to fall on our civic leaders. I have to wonder.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:49 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited1 View Post
So far - so good! If this little poll serves as a microcosm of what to expect on election day from among the American Christian voter, then perhaps things wont end as badly or as quickly as many of us fear. I'm assuming that there will be an election.

Not one single vote for Hillary so far.......

I guess I'm trying to see the silver lining in all of this without trading my common sense for optimism.

Let the polling continue my fellow forum friends..............
Awe, so I see where Hil still doesn't have a voter here (at least one that's willing to cast a ballot for her).

It is too bad that isn't the case in the real balloting.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 10-26-2016, 01:41 PM

I know as a Christian that a vote for Hillary is a vote for evil and likewise not voting at all is allowing her to just walk right in and set up shop over our country. On the other hand we need to look at not only the person running but what their policies are and what is at stake. The supreme court is open for 3-5 positions which are lifelong. We absolutely can not waste a vote on a 3rd party which realistically has no chance of winning just to try to make a point. Trump may not be the perfect Christian person but we are not choosing someone to run the church, that's what we are to be the salt & light. We are choosing someone to run the government, which is a business... terribly in debt and he has already gave out his supreme court picks which are pretty good conservative people. I do not see any other way to stand up against evil at this point but to vote for the platform to keep the baby killer, military killer, corrupt, lying Hillary out of our government.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:37 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching & waiting View Post
I know as a Christian that a vote for Hillary is a vote for evil and likewise not voting at all is allowing her to just walk right in and set up shop over our country. On the other hand we need to look at not only the person running but what their policies are and what is at stake. The supreme court is open for 3-5 positions which are lifelong. We absolutely can not waste a vote on a 3rd party which realistically has no chance of winning just to try to make a point. Trump may not be the perfect Christian person but we are not choosing someone to run the church, that's what we are to be the salt & light. We are choosing someone to run the government, which is a business... terribly in debt and he has already gave out his supreme court picks which are pretty good conservative people. I do not see any other way to stand up against evil at this point but to vote for the platform to keep the baby killer, military killer, corrupt, lying Hillary out of our government.
Actually I do not consider MY vote wasted.

The reason we have a two party system (two wings one bird) is because people are afraid to step out of the two party paradigm and think for themselves.

And if a person CHOOSES to not vote it is NOT letting Hillary walk right in.

No guilt mongering allowed here.

Vote for who you wish..but do not put others down for not voting YOUR way.

We have been here before.....

I recognize that tree!

We have had a conservative president

with a conservative congress

with a conservative supreme court....

Yet abortion still stands.

So I for one am not buying the lie....that voting trump will end abortion.

He is not really against abortion..late term MAYBE..but not really against abortion.

It was a political move NOT a moral move for him.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:35 PM
Mod-er-rator

I agree with Donna.

I am not able to expound right now but it's been 54 years with major anti biblical immoral national decisions ie:1962, 1963, 1973 and 2014.

Warning sarcasm coming.....

And one recently professing so called conservative is going to rescue the nation from it's downward spiral? And we know what habitually happens with campaign promises.

Come on brethren, let's get real.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Now that is funny!
'Tis indeed!