The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Prayer Requests and Encouraging Words

Old 10-18-2016, 02:58 PM

Mom still appears somewhat confused. I asked her caregiver to watch her while eating or drinking (she falls asleep sometimes while doing this), support her every time she needs to walk. Well today, she didn't grind mom's calcium pill, let mom pour lots of salt on to her food (mom's blind in one eye), left her alone to drink her hot tea so she spilled it all over herself and I heard her calling to find her in a panic. She also gave her berry yogurt instead of vanilla (mom can't eat berries as they give her acid reflux) and pushed mom to hurry up while she was in the loo (so the caregiver could go sit outside and study for her RPN certificate).

When I asked her to please follow my instructions, she shouted at me and told me to pay her as she wasn't coming back! I quickly did that as mom hates conflict and is nervous since her fall. But then she wanted to cry because "no one wants to care for her". It's not like I can go to the store and buy a new mom!

Please continue to pray for us, if I have to leave my job, that God will provide - if not, to find a good one who is loyal and dedicated. This weekend I prayed and covered our home with the Blood of Jesus, asked Holy Spirit to take Lordship over every circumstance, and to make anyone who is "unclean" feel uncomfortable in our home, and well, she was so neglectful today so maybe it's just as well she left?

Sometimes I really can't tell if these events are God or the enemy
Psalm 37:39-40 "39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble. 40 And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.".
Old 10-18-2016, 03:55 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruth View Post
Mom still appears somewhat confused. I asked her caregiver to watch her while eating or drinking (she falls asleep sometimes while doing this), support her every time she needs to walk. Well today, she didn't grind mom's calcium pill, let mom pour lots of salt on to her food (mom's blind in one eye), left her alone to drink her hot tea so she spilled it all over herself and I heard her calling to find her in a panic. She also gave her berry yogurt instead of vanilla (mom can't eat berries as they give her acid reflux) and pushed mom to hurry up while she was in the loo (so the caregiver could go sit outside and study for her RPN certificate).

When I asked her to please follow my instructions, she shouted at me and told me to pay her as she wasn't coming back! I quickly did that as mom hates conflict and is nervous since her fall. But then she wanted to cry because "no one wants to care for her". It's not like I can go to the store and buy a new mom!

Please continue to pray for us, if I have to leave my job, that God will provide - if not, to find a good one who is loyal and dedicated. This weekend I prayed and covered our home with the Blood of Jesus, asked Holy Spirit to take Lordship over every circumstance, and to make anyone who is "unclean" feel uncomfortable in our home, and well, she was so neglectful today so maybe it's just as well she left?

Sometimes I really can't tell if these events are God or the enemy
Dear sister,

Even, IF, they are events orchestrated by the wicked one, remember.....

Romans 8: 28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

I find that memorizing scripture and speaking it out loud sends the enemy and his minions scurrying. Sounds like that care worker was real uncomfortable and negligent. You did the right thing in letting her go.

You are a loyal daughter and probably the best caregiver any Mom could ask for, so, is there any possibility of you doing your work remotely from home? Or work as a consultant from home?

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 10-18-2016, 06:07 PM

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741
Old 10-18-2016, 06:26 PM

I was working from home 2 days a week from Feb-Aug before mom's health deteriorated. Now she calls me up to 15 times a day for help, loo, etc. and that's why I hired a caregiver again late September because I can't do the several teleconferences I have every day and neglect her needs.

Another reason I try to work from home and not go into the office is that I keep remembering my dream at

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...t=dream+orange

and believe that with a terrorist attack on the train station (600,000 daily commuters) and city lock=down, I could be stuck and even hurt and not be able to care for mom. And is keeping me at home a way of God's protection?

Sorry if I sound so confused, because I am! I do appreciate your prayers as I don't know what to pray except His will be done.
Psalm 37:39-40 "39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble. 40 And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.".
Old 10-20-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruth View Post
I was working from home 2 days a week from Feb-Aug before mom's health deteriorated. Now she calls me up to 15 times a day for help, loo, etc. and that's why I hired a caregiver again late September because I can't do the several teleconferences I have every day and neglect her needs.

Another reason I try to work from home and not go into the office is that I keep remembering my dream at

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...t=dream+orange

and believe that with a terrorist attack on the train station (600,000 daily commuters) and city lock=down, I could be stuck and even hurt and not be able to care for mom. And is keeping me at home a way of God's protection?

Sorry if I sound so confused, because I am! I do appreciate your prayers as I don't know what to pray except His will be done.
This is your last post in this thread:

Quote:
Due to my dad's passing, I just asked my manager to cancel an offsite work seminar on 19-21 January where I would be parking in the basement of another building if I attended. I just noticed the 1st two days end at 5:30pm but the last day ends at 4pm - and it reminded me of this dream I had 1 1/2 years ago.

I feel I'm led to ask my manager if I can work from home and not go into the office in the future (downtown near Union station, major tourist spot and indoor arena).

Could something be coming soon - I did also dream way back that in 2016 that downtown was deserted due to biochemical attack (no buildings damaged but all the offices and stores closed and people gone, like 5am on a Sunday morning) and that in 2017 I would see some warplanes fly past my balcony.

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741
Old 10-20-2016, 03:30 PM

Yes, I remember that day. And I thought it was coming true when this happened, but I was obviously wrong. Although this building is 2 blocks from my office, it was nothing.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...tion-1.3736077

Mom's legs are giving in now and I can't lift her up, so dreading that she'll be bedridden. She's brave and trying her best to walk but still will not let me call a doctor. It's very tiring as she gets nervous at night and calls me at 2 or 3am, so I'm considering some Bach rescue remedy to see if it will help. Lavender doesn't have any effect. I will start playing some soft worship music outside to see if it helps the agitation.

If I can find someone to help out until past Dec 31 this year, I'll have my 10 years tenure at my employer and subsidized health insurance for the years I'm retired, so please pray that the Lord will arrange this for me ...
Old 10-24-2016, 06:18 PM

God works in mysterious ways - when the caregiver left in a huff because mom was calling her so often for the washroom, I was really worried. Over the past week I've been trying very hard interviewing 2 candidates on the phone every night with no success. I was told:
- call me tomorrow, I'm outside the movies with my boyfriend
- I work 11pm to 7am every night, I'll come to your home at 8am to care for your mom
- really? I have to help with housework too?
- doesn't the government send someone to wash her and get her up, you mean I have to to this?
- I can't stay indoors all day, I was hoping to take her shopping, outside for walks, to restaurants
- I know how to, but I don't like to clean commodes.

Well I was also discerning several lies about qualifications, e.g. I cared for Mr X from Nov 2015 to Aug 2016, then he died. I don't know what made me look in the obituaries for Mr X but he actually died in May 2016. Searching the internet made me read that the females from a particular country are prone to lying most of the time, and it made me cringe.

Mom is coughing much less, is walking to the loo with my help 8-10 times a day, and sleeping much better since the caregiver left! Not sure if she felt intimidated or if some "spirit" made her so nervous and trembling. She still interrupts my work teleconferences but I'm praising God she's so much better. I'll continue to pray for guidance re leaving work, cutting down my hours - but will no longer actively search for a caregiver. If God wants to provide one, one will apply and I'll have peace about it.

Thought I'd share because I know you've been praying for us - thank you!