The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Politics

Old 10-25-2016, 01:10 AM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Default Removing the 501c3 restrictions will have ramifications.

I keep hearing Christians say they want to vote for Trump because he will remove restrictions on the 501c3 corporations....

I for one find this to be a frightening prospect.

It sounds good if you do not put much thought into it.

But lets think about this....

If you remove the restrictions then super pacs would be free to go after mega church pastors to try and get their support.

That means political money funneled into churches in order to get an endorsement.

It reminds me of the movie Robin Hood, with Kevin Costner, where the cleric really does the bidding of the Sheriff of Nottingham, making lots of money at the expense of true ministry.

Anyone else see this???
Old 10-25-2016, 04:53 AM

That's something to watch for, and if possible, bring up to Trump should he be president.

One concern I have is the NAR people have surrounded themselves with him, rallied around him. Early in the primaries I remember some pastors who seem to come from the more traditional church meet with him---have to wonder if they warned Trump about them. I don't know.

There are a few politicians NAR has sought out. One of them is Sarah Palin. Point is it would be dreadful for NAR related churches to be lobbied for support and endorsements. Especially with their dominionist doctrines mixed with gullible Republicans who don't know the scriptures, I mean how else to say it.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I keep hearing Christians say they want to vote for Trump because he will remove restrictions on the 501c3 corporations....

I for one find this to be a frightening prospect.

It sounds good if you do not put much thought into it.

But lets think about this....

If you remove the restrictions then super pacs would be free to go after mega church pastors to try and get their support.

That means political money funneled into churches in order to get an endorsement.

It reminds me of the movie Robin Hood, with Kevin Costner, where the cleric really does the bidding of the Sheriff of Nottingham, making lots of money at the expense of true ministry.

Anyone else see this???

Donna I actually would agree with Trump on this. This country was fine without those restrictions for over 150 years. And maybe more people will wake up when they see their pastors being bought?

edit: I better add this just to be clear - this in no way implies that I am voting for Trump.
Mark 8:36
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

Last edited by EyesToSee; 10-26-2016 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesToSee View Post
Donna I actually would agree with Trump on this. This country was fine without those restrictions for over 150 years. And maybe more people will wake up when they see their pastors being bought?

edit: I better add this just to be clear - this in no way implies that I am voting for Trump.
I agree we need to be free from this type of GOVERNMENT control. We should have the right to preach the truth, what is right and wrong in the word without Them crying Racism.

God Bless
Old 10-26-2016, 12:49 PM
Mod-er-rator

Unhappy

Dearest saints ....

I think you are missing the point Donna is making with her initial posting of this proposed tax change.

IF implenented, regardless of who is endorsing it....... it will mean more government influence upon the pulpits in this nation, not less. I have sat listening to preachers for decades that are in 501c3 churches. And many times they did not give sermons that cozied up to sin but set a blaze for righteousness. We have pastors and members who still attend 501c3 churches that are neither corrupt nor bow at the altar of lukewarmness when it comes to exposing sin.

It has been my experience that the more governmental laws we have, the less, freedom we have.

In my humble opinion, the 501c3 churches are not the heart of the problem in this late hour. The American church body has lost her desire for holiness and righteouness. That is a plague no law or lack of a regulation can implement. It is a refining fire that now must come through GOD's judgment and sorrowful repentance.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 10-26-2016, 12:50 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

I am amazed at how few see what a dangerous move this would be.

It would create scenarios where pastors will support and promote the candidate with the biggest donation funneled into the church.

It will align church and state...paving the way for the Anti Christ and his False Prophet who promotes him and his policies.

It will cause these FALSE PROPHETS..paid by government to promote things like..oh I don't know..

THE MARK OF THE BEAST...

So no one is concerned about that at all????

Wow

I guess I should be surprised...but I am not.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:18 PM
Mod-er-rator

Quote:

It would create scenarios where pastors will support and promote the candidate with the biggest donation funneled into the church.

It will align church and state...paving the way for the Anti Christ and his False Prophet who promotes him and his policies.

It will cause these FALSE PROPHETS..paid by government to promote things like..oh I don't know..

THE MARK OF THE BEAST...

Wow

Exactly....right on, Donna.

It is called "pay to play" in the political world and would mean big spenders and corporations would then OWN pastors and their pulpits.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 10-27-2016, 04:05 AM

Quote:

THE MARK OF THE BEAST...

Wow

Donna,
All these things must come to pass and some are even happening right now. Regardless, I know we are not called to try to stall or speed them up because we know that it is all in God's timing.

I believe the 501c3 is a trap that was created for the sole purpose of controlling the churches by means of intimidation. The church belongs to God and should be able to freely express itself. And I believe that if the church needed protection, it would be God who provides it and not the state.

Just my little opinions. Have a blessed day.
Mark 8:36
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

Old 10-27-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:

THE MARK OF THE BEAST...

Wow

Daniel 11King James Version (KJV)
21 And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.

22 And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.

23 And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.

24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.

31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

Donna, as I was praying and pondering on this during my morning walk, I couldn't help but think of Trump and how he has said so many things he will do for the Christians. Yet his recent talk doesn't match his actions/words from the past.

I have been pondering for months on whether Trump could be the A/C. Trump IS flattering Christians. He is boasting about removing the 501c3 status. While it sounds good if you aren't using any discernment, it is this very flattery which could lead to the 501c3 status being removed to make way for the Mark, just like you said. It would take someone deceitful, like v. 23 says. And perhaps the 'small people' in that verse is the church. We have become small because we have been silent on too many issues for too many years, and also because many are embracing a false gospel.

As I looked at v. 32, where it mentions those who do wickedly against the covenant, I couldn't help but think of the Joel Osteen type churches, NAR, and the many seeker-friendly churches who no longer preach a gospel of repentance. To me, that is doing wickedly against the precious covenant our Lord and Savior provided for us. And thus, these 'churches' will continue to be corrupted by his flatteries.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It has given me much to ponder and pray about over the last few days, and also made me dig deeper into the Word to search things out for myself.

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal
Old 10-27-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee M View Post
Daniel 11King James Version (KJV)
21 And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.

22 And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.

23 And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.

24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.

31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

Donna, as I was praying and pondering on this during my morning walk, I couldn't help but think of Trump and how he has said so many things he will do for the Christians. Yet his recent talk doesn't match his actions/words from the past.

I have been pondering for months on whether Trump could be the A/C. Trump IS flattering Christians. He is boasting about removing the 501c3 status. While it sounds good if you aren't using any discernment, it is this very flattery which could lead to the 501c3 status being removed to make way for the Mark, just like you said. It would take someone deceitful, like v. 23 says. And perhaps the 'small people' in that verse is the church. We have become small because we have been silent on too many issues for too many years, and also because many are embracing a false gospel.

As I looked at v. 32, where it mentions those who do wickedly against the covenant, I couldn't help but think of the Joel Osteen type churches, NAR, and the many seeker-friendly churches who no longer preach a gospel of repentance. To me, that is doing wickedly against the precious covenant our Lord and Savior provided for us. And thus, these 'churches' will continue to be corrupted by his flatteries.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It has given me much to ponder and pray about over the last few days, and also made me dig deeper into the Word to search things out for myself.
Agree with you. Looks like it may be happening. Keep seeking God and stay close to Jesus. He is our help and our shield. The lifter up of our heads. Our only hope, for there is no other that can save. Darkness may come soon. But in the darkness hang on to the Light of our souls. He will bring us through. We know these things are coming, for the Bible tells us. But we also know the ending. Blessings. Keep your eyes on the prize of the high calling in Christ Jesus.

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741