The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Prayer Requests and Encouraging Words

Old 10-28-2016, 07:05 PM

Default My testimony..long story

Ok so im not sure if this is in the right spot and if not I apologize. ultimatelythis is a prayer request but I want to share my testimony as well to kinda give a backstory. this is going to be sort of a long story so i will post it in a few parts rather than just typing it all out at once. Anyway so here it goes....When I was around 7 years old my family would go to church and i would talk to God sometimes and just ask him silly kid questions so i had a relationship with The Lord at a young age....Fast foward to maybe age 12 my mom had divorced my dad and was dating this guy that mentally abused her. She(we)went to stay at a friends house when she left him. This is the first time i ever heard the voice in my head.It wasn't like an Audible voice but kinda like i was talking to myself in my head but It wasnt me. It would try and get me to do wierd stuff like if I saw a ball in the yard it would say go pick the ball up. just pointless stuff. I asked it who.it was one day and it told me "your guardian angel"....ok so now I'm 15 and my mom has remarried(happily) to her current husband and we all live together. An incident happened at a local middle school involving a demon coming out of one boy and attacking another kidin a gym full of kids. my little brother witnessed this and told me. This prompted a fascination in me and i started dabbling into demonology and eventually astral projection/ chakra work. I think it was at this time i would startto hear my name whispered audiblyas I was dozing off this continued until I got saved in 2013. ok coffee break
Old 10-28-2016, 07:27 PM

ok so now i am around 19 or 20 and am y well versed in all kinds of new age garbage but I still didn't know who God was(actually I did I just forgot) and i had a longing. So as things would turn out I was on the internet one night and came across a websitewhich I won't name that was a Satanist site. it told the story of satan was our creator and Yahweh had trapped us in this dimension or some mess. basically it said the bible was a lie. so i bought it hook line and sinker and very shortly after preformed a ritual which I sold my soul to satan andsigned in blood. Fast foward a few years I'm 24 and have gotten into Hinduism. so one night I was repeating this mantra that is.supposed to make God notice you or something and i just said God I don't know who you are but please reveal yourself to me I want to know what is true and what is a lie. almost within the same week or day God started to reveal himself to me. he eased me into it. Hinduism has a false Christ and i learned about him. eventually I found the Hagmann show and listened to Steve Quayle talk about Jesus. over about 2 weeks it dawned on me that this was the real Jesus, and shortly after that i gave my heart to The Lord Jesus....cont.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:46 PM

So now that im saved I was so happy, I devoured the Word and learned all i could. I learned about spiritual warfare and started listening to Russ dizdar and taking his warfare courses. it had been like a year and i was growing in the Lord. one night I was listening to a podcast that i had heard previously. Just as I was dozing off the speaker said "this is how we summon a demon" and starts speaking in tounges.(this was not on the podcast) I was startled and tried to get up but I was trapped in the spirit so to speak I couldn't move. then behind me I saw a huge black shape with.red eyes rise up and it began to choke me. I barely got the word JESUS out but as soon as I did its grip weakened "in the name of Jesus get out!" I said and it fled. That was proof of God's word to me right there guys. so i began to apply myself very hard after that. I would pray and do warfare at least 30 min a night and also fast weekly and read the Word often. Now a problem.I had was trusting that God's voice was really His and not the enemy due to my past. and right before Halloween 2014 God told me I was going to abandon him because a curse or some sort of warfare from the enemy. i didnt belive it.I was very cocky and i thought the devil could never get to me. I was so wrong.....now comes the sad part

Last edited by Rick*; 10-28-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:57 PM

I don't know how it happened but I do remeber the first time i skipped a prayer session. Next thing i knew it was 2 months later and i had completley stopped. i still listened to folks like Nathan on H&H but i had no action. i was hanging out in bars getting drunk. looking back i was lonely and wanted a girlfriend who wasnt a total liar and a cheat like i was used to and i think thats why i backslid. The Holy Spirit kept urging me but i kept ignoring Him. i would tell myself thst i was making the voice up in my head and it wasnt God. i was a total hypocrite.. i was halfway praying one day and i told God i wanted to find an arrowhead at work...a month later i found a big spearhead but the bottomhalf had broken off somewhere God said that he only gave me half because i wasnt doing my part. i hope that makes sense. The job i had at that time the Lord gave me and i eneded up losing that. because i wasnt doing my part. He then put another job in my lap and it was at this time i met the most wonderful girl which was another thing i had prayed for. Its like he was still aswering my prayers even though i wasnt holding my end.The Lord is so patient He just kept giving me hints and signs that i needed to get it together but i didnt listen. So me and this girl (katie) had been together almost a year. a little back round on her that is important for the story, she had a spirit of deppression and was taking meds for it. i helped her ween herself off of them. Her and I Were very happy and rarely argued and if we did we ended up laughing about it. Best woman ever but i could tell she needed deliverance...and i was too backsliden i felt like i just couldnt get it together everytime i would try and read the bible or pray it never went anywhere..it was a battle of wills to even open a Bible. Anyway so katie and i want to find a place together. almost a couple days later a guy i knew Mike i just happened to see and he just happened to ask me if i was looking a place. His sister was renting the house he used to live in and she lived next door. It was the perfect location perfect price. we moved in..while we were moving in i found a sculpture that the land ladys daughter had made. it was a picture frame with a 3d demons face coming out of it. it creeped me out and i got a bad feeling. katie saw it and told me she was scared of it too. i gave it to Mike because apparanlty she had made it in class in 6th grade and gave it to him....ok after a month we were all moved in and i was working late i was just starting my own little dock repair business. Katie would tell me that she felt like she was being watched and when she was home alone and would stand with her back to the wall when cooking. i thought it was her mind playing tricks. also around that time we started to become annoyed easily with one another..very subtle at first. about 2-3 months into living there i found out that the land lady(marcie) used to be a santeria high preistess or something and her daughter(one who made the demon sculpture) who lived with her had the hots for me. i think it was around this time katie had got a job at a doctors office and had been there a few weeks started to complain about stomach pains. A week after that she got fired from her job and they wouldnt tell her why. she really liked that job. i made the comment to her that it was probably marcie and/or the daughter doing witchcraft. she knew nothing about the subject or the way things like that work..she belived in Christ but was in the same boat as me as far as her walk. we always would say we need to start reading the Bible, praying and going to church but something always got in the way. Katie started to gain weight and started to eat alot. she took 4 home pregnacy tests but they all came back negative..she took 1 at the hospital and it was neg. the pains in her stomach got worse and she kept gaining wieght. it got so bad i took her to Duke(the premier hospital iin NC) they told her that it was PID(pelvic inflammatory disease) gave her some antibiotics and sent her home even though i told them that did not explain the weight gain or eating like a cow. also their pregnacy test came back neg. two weeks later the symptoms were still there and getting worse,we went back to duke and they gave her an asprin and sent her home said they couldnt find anything(belive me they looked) on the way home The Holy Spirit told me it was witchcraft and a light went off.... typing it out now its so obvious but i was so spiritually blind ....well not even that i felt like my will was gone . anyway when we got home i was showing her a dereck prince book on casting out demons, i read it aloud to her im not sure why..anyway 2 days later she went in the bathroom and lets just say she told me she was almost certain she had a miscarriage. after that her pain and eating habit left. We would still argue when we were at the house and we noticed that if we were not there we didnt argue. and once again i saw it happening and did nothing even though i knew it was a spiritual attack..she got to the point were she wouldnt stay at the house alone and when i was there alone i felt a strong presence come up behind me a few times. it was strong enough to make me open my Bible and at that.point thats saying alot. so to start to wrap this story up. it got to the point were she was mad as soon as she woke up and i was an impatient sarcastic a-hole. we talked a few times away from there and we both recognized that things were falling apart fast...one morning she was telling me thst she couldnt take living there and i told her to go live with her mom if it was so bad. so she packed up her things and left while i sat there staring at the wall in a trance idk what was wrong with me. she was crying and told me she loved me and left. i didnt realize she was gone till an hour later. so after 2 days i met her when she was getting off work and we went to her moms and talked i told her i would rather lose the house than her. she was telling me she felt like a zombie like she didnt know what she was doing. i think something attached to her. 2 days went by and we stayed at her moms.i think it was last sunday i came to the house and brought our food to her moms..she was laying in bed and had a strange look like a blank stare and she proceeded to tell me she felt like she didnt care anymore and that she didnt know why she was feeling like that she just wanted to be alone...this morning i went there to get my coat andwe talked she wpuld just cry everytime i asked her aabout her frame of mind. she told me she loves me but she diidnt want to try. i couldnt even get her to sit in churchnfor an hour a week. i told her that i would pray for her and us. she is in adeep depression.....ok anyway thats my story im sorry for the grammar and punctuation but its 1am. since this happened last week guys i have relized what a fool i have been for 2 years i have repented and did a deliverance on myself..im getting back to my old self i know that this happened because of my shortcomings..i let this happen and watched it. I think it needed to happen for me to come back to the Lord..and i am grateful for the wakeup call but i want my woman back...ive been praying for her and doing warfare prayers..she did tell me that i could pray for her. i have alot to make up for and i intend to. i havent tithed in years and today God put it in my heart to sell my favorite pistol that i basically had turned into an idol(im a former marine i like me some guns) to prove my commitment so i am going to do that, i just feel helpless like whats the point and i know its the enemy and i am fighting back because i know God can do anything but i could use a little help to drive back the enemy. well thank you if you made it this far..i will pray for others who have prayer requests also fyi

Last edited by Rick*; 10-28-2016 at 10:14 PM. Reason: spellchecker
Old 10-28-2016, 11:28 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Rick thank you for sharing your testimony. Deliverance is something that we can accomplish on our own through prayer, fasting and the study of HIS word.

So I believe you are on the right path.

Now know that I am saying this in love.....

At no time did you say that you and Katie were married. So I am going to assume that you and she were fornicating.

I think, if that is the case, you need to repent for that. You need to ask Katie to forgive you also and you both need to repent.

You are tying God's hands by living in sin.

If you want her back..you need to ask her to be your wife not your live in....

Part of her new depression may be conviction of sin. And if she and you repent and do the right thing, it would take away the enemies access to you.

I will be praying for both you and for Katie.

Also..find a different place to live...
Old 10-29-2016, 05:00 AM

no we were not married and that was something that we had talked about. Once God has sorted all this out and if we are together at the end of all this then its the first thing i plan on doing. Even if things dont work out i still am glad for the wake up call.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:05 AM
Senior Member Formerly ageorgantas

Default Praying!

I'm happy to hear that you are back on track. God is so faithful to search for us when we are lost! When He came for me, one thing that was impressed upon me was the making of a prayer closet. I cleaned out the bottom of my "Christmas closet," but a blanket and a pillow down, and was ready to go. The point is not the space, though, but the time and intention. I made a plan to read the Bible and pray every single night no mater what else is going on, and I stick to it. You can do it a lot of different ways, but I read the Bible sequentially from front to back. I read about 2-4 pages of Old Testament and the same amount of New Testament every night. It's so amazing how many times that the answers to my questions "just happen" to be in the scripture that I will be reading on the exact day I need them. Anyway, again, the point is not the space, how much you read or how you read it. The point is that we organize our lives around the things that are most important. Making time and space for Jesus to be the Center of things helped me put my focus where it belongs. I hope this helps, and I will be praying for you.

Will you pray for my son, too? You might have seen him on one of those terrible sites as I know he has visited them in the past. He is still in a dark place, so I would appreciate it if you would pray that he find the Light just like you did. Thank you!

Greek Girl
Old 10-29-2016, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek Girl View Post
I'm happy to hear that you are back on track. God is so faithful to search for us when we are lost! When He came for me, one thing that was impressed upon me was the making of a prayer closet. I cleaned out the bottom of my "Christmas closet," but a blanket and a pillow down, and was ready to go. The point is not the space, though, but the time and intention. I made a plan to read the Bible and pray every single night no mater what else is going on, and I stick to it. You can do it a lot of different ways, but I read the Bible sequentially from front to back. I read about 2-4 pages of Old Testament and the same amount of New Testament every night. It's so amazing how many times that the answers to my questions "just happen" to be in the scripture that I will be reading on the exact day I need them. Anyway, again, the point is not the space, how much you read or how you read it. The point is that we organize our lives around the things that are most important. Making time and space for Jesus to be the Center of things helped me put my focus where it belongs. I hope this helps, and I will be praying for you.

Will you pray for my son, too? You might have seen him on one of those terrible sites as I know he has visited them in the past. He is still in a dark place, so I would appreciate it if you would pray that he find the Light just like you did. Thank you!

Greek Girl
I will pray for him. The Truth of God is so simple thats its too easy. I mean God put everything in abook for us. The occult has mystery and feels like there is something marvelous at the end but its all lies ,but it is tempting if you don't know Jesus
Old 10-29-2016, 07:59 AM

Praying here.

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741
Old 10-31-2016, 01:10 AM

Well an update..it seems i will just be focusing on myself and getting prepared spiritually and physically for what is.coming on this earth. Gods ways are higher than mine and I Know He has a wonderful person out there for me. If anything i just need help finding forgiviness. Thank you all for the prayers i really do appreciate it.