The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-10-2016, 02:24 PM
HisDoulas's Avatar
HisDoulas HisDoulas is offline
Mod-er-rator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In HIM
Posts: 9,882
Question Have Christians Missed the Boat and are Some Missing in Action?

Well, the election is over. And those DT and HC supporters have gone home and taken the signs out of their front yards and shop windows. The confetti has been swept into the trash can and the balloons have lost their buoyancy. And the false prophets slither out to received their praise from their adoring followers. The gloating and back flips have begun. The high fives and "I told you so," resound.

The proclamations "she is a devil, a witch and needs to be killed or put in prison," still fill the darkened air with condemnation and hatred. As believers continue to spew word curses and hateful comments towards others and are so euphoric in their "victory."


Luke 6: 27 "But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you."



Meanwhile, where are the words of consolation, the comforting and kind words for the lost and those in utter shock and anguish?


John 13: 34 - 35 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."



It seems to me that this is a unique season in history. A time when many lost people are struggling to make sense of what just happened a few days ago. "What, HisDoulas, you mean we are suppose to pray for Hillary and for her crazy supporters, too? You want us to pray for them too? What, are you nuts?"


Matt 5: 44 "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"



And where are believers? Has the body gone back to sleep? Perhaps they are away on a journey? Are they taking the late night calls? Or answering the despairing e-mails? Are they holding hands for the unsaved and those who are expressing their broken hearts and are fearful?

Perhaps, this is the biggest evangelistic season in our nation's history. Yet it seems too many believers have missed the boat and are M.I.A.
__________________

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."

Last edited by HisDoulas; 11-10-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-10-2016, 04:00 PM
shepherdess shepherdess is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 45
Default

Well said, HisDoulas.....

A very timely message you shared, thank you....

2Cor 5:14-15

For the love of Christ compels us...since we believe Christ died for all, we also believe that we have all died to our old life. He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them.

Father God, give us Your heart for these ones whom you came to save
To Live Your Love and Forgiveness in Your Strength....
May the Holy Spirit compel us to LOVE courageously in JESUS Name....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-10-2016, 04:20 PM
HisDoulas's Avatar
HisDoulas HisDoulas is offline
Mod-er-rator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In HIM
Posts: 9,882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdess View Post
Well said, HisDoulas.....

A very timely message you shared, thank you....

2Cor 5:14-15

For the love of Christ compels us...since we believe Christ died for all, we also believe that we have all died to our old life. He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them.

Father God, give us Your heart for these ones whom you came to save
To Live Your Love and Forgiveness in Your Strength....
May the Holy Spirit compel us to LOVE courageously in JESUS Name....
^^^ Amen sister.
__________________

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-10-2016, 05:08 PM
pmurphy's Avatar
pmurphy pmurphy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 460
Default

I agree it is time we quit trying to show and tell people in public how Christian we are and start being Christian.

Pat
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-10-2016, 05:11 PM
HisDoulas's Avatar
HisDoulas HisDoulas is offline
Mod-er-rator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In HIM
Posts: 9,882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurphy View Post
I agree it is time we quit trying to show and tell people in public how Christian we are and start being Christian.

Pat
Excellent word, sister.
__________________

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-10-2016, 06:00 PM
Greek Girl's Avatar
Greek Girl Greek Girl is offline
Senior Member Formerly ageorgantas
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,340
Default Tired

Jesus said that in latter times "because iniquity would abound, the love of many would wax cold." We see it all around us, but worse than that, it creeps up and licks at our -- or at least MY -- feet. I have always been a very loving, touchy-feely-pray-y kind of person, the first to reach out, and the first to offer encouragement. But lately, my first reaction has been more of a "Ta!!" with an eye roll.

Truenews published an article saying the fireman prophecy was fulfilled: link removed . And all the Trumpsters say, "God is blessing us because we humbled ourselves and prayed." (Pat, pat, pat on the back us!!) -- Ta!!

My liberal FB friends are crying about the possibility of losing Obamacare and screeching about the reversing of all those liberating bathroom laws. -- Ta!!

Colleges are being shut down because the students aren't emotionally capable of going to class because Trump won. You might say, "Oh, but those are little kids who don't know how the world works." But wait! Government employees are having emotional support animals come to the government offices because they are so upset that Trump won. -- Ta!!

So all this is going on, and I'm reading the Bible and trying to be the salt and light. Maybe it's easy for some of you, but some of us are struggling with the outright nonsense of it all. I'm not mean or nasty, and when my one liberal friend called my husband SELFISH because we can't afford $500/month healthcare for him under Obamacare, I hit the "like" button and prayed for her instead of railing back about the choice between insurance and FOOD. THAT was what I could do to be salt and light at that moment.

Nobody has come to me broken and desperate for hope. Everyone I see is gloriously, giddy-happy or worried that forced-payment healthcare, abortion, and gay marriage are in jeopardy of being curtailed. Other than to pray for their eyes to be opened, what else do you say to that? (There, there. Maybe Trump WILL still let you kill your baby...) I pray for Obama, Clinton, and Trump all the time -- pray for their souls as human beings who have been deceived. I pray for their followers too...even when I have to grit my teeth to do it.

Iniquity (and nonsense) is abounding. I'm trying NOT to let my love grow cold, but some days are a REAL struggle. Everyone has different temperaments. Some are passionate and get upset easily. Some are more even-keeled. Let's pray for each other to keep our love hot for Jesus in these trying times.

Greek Girl

Last edited by HisDoulas; 11-10-2016 at 07:00 PM. Reason: link removed
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-10-2016, 06:58 PM
HisDoulas's Avatar
HisDoulas HisDoulas is offline
Mod-er-rator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In HIM
Posts: 9,882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek Girl View Post
Jesus said that in latter times "because iniquity would abound, the love of many would wax cold." We see it all around us, but worse than that, it creeps up and licks at our -- or at least MY -- feet. I have always been a very loving, touchy-feely-pray-y kind of person, the first to reach out, and the first to offer encouragement. But lately, my first reaction has been more of a "Ta!!" with an eye roll.

Truenews published an article saying the fireman prophecy was fulfilled: link removed . And all the Trumpsters say, "God is blessing us because we humbled ourselves and prayed." (Pat, pat, pat on the back us!!) -- Ta!!

My liberal FB friends are crying about the possibility of losing Obamacare and screeching about the reversing of all those liberating bathroom laws. -- Ta!!

Colleges are being shut down because the students aren't emotionally capable of going to class because Trump won. You might say, "Oh, but those are little kids who don't know how the world works." But wait! Government employees are having emotional support animals come to the government offices because they are so upset that Trump won. -- Ta!!

So all this is going on, and I'm reading the Bible and trying to be the salt and light. Maybe it's easy for some of you, but some of us are struggling with the outright nonsense of it all. I'm not mean or nasty, and when my one liberal friend called my husband SELFISH because we can't afford $500/month healthcare for him under Obamacare, I hit the "like" button and prayed for her instead of railing back about the choice between insurance and FOOD. THAT was what I could do to be salt and light at that moment.

Nobody has come to me broken and desperate for hope. Everyone I see is gloriously, giddy-happy or worried that forced-payment healthcare, abortion, and gay marriage are in jeopardy of being curtailed. Other than to pray for their eyes to be opened, what else do you say to that? (There, there. Maybe Trump WILL still let you kill your baby...) I pray for Obama, Clinton, and Trump all the time -- pray for their souls as human beings who have been deceived. I pray for their followers too...even when I have to grit my teeth to do it.

Iniquity (and nonsense) is abounding. I'm trying NOT to let my love grow cold, but some days are a REAL struggle. Everyone has different temperaments. Some are passionate and get upset easily. Some are more even-keeled. Let's pray for each other to keep our love hot for Jesus in these trying times.

Greek Girl
Amen, sister.

Folks are in various places and stages: of grief, mourning and some admittedly are mad, just plain angry.

One was going to renounce her citizenship, until she discovered the reportedly $3500 fee. Another was desperately distraught and pouring out her pain and intense distrust, publicly to anyone who would listen. And another was so down when I received the message that all I could do was cry out to Jesus for help. Received a message of "better today," from one who was panicked and crying two nights ago.

People are hurting. We are to offer HIM as the solution, a listening ear and a comforting heart.

__________________

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."

Last edited by HisDoulas; 11-13-2016 at 07:44 AM. Reason: oops - grammar
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-10-2016, 07:21 PM
Serena's Avatar
Serena Serena is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 12,253
Default

Amen and amen. Lord, help us shine your light in this dark and fallen world. Amen.
__________________
Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your path."


The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-12-2016, 03:01 AM
GeoKasher's Avatar
GeoKasher GeoKasher is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 270
Default

Very good word, HisDoulas. Unfortunately, most of what I have seen from Christians is gloating and disgust at how upset people are at the election results. They seem to have forgotten how they felt after the last 2 elections. Most seem to believe that Trump is the nation's savior and will be ushering in the millenium.
__________________
So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. Hebrews 13:6
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-12-2016, 05:45 PM
Watchman63 Watchman63 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Walla Walla, WA
Posts: 83
Default

Good points, HisDoulas. I received that as a bit of a spanking for me...
__________________
WAY. TRUTH. LIFE.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.