The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 11-20-2016, 06:35 PM

Default Please help me understand the devil'shall wiles

I felt led by the Lord to correct someone who had posted some mean things on Facebook. At first, he didn't think he was wrong, but then he admitted that his wife shouldn't have said those things.

However, through the process of explaining things to him, we started talking about other things. I had mentioned that the devil had been trying to get me to fear that I shouldn't had corrected him, and tried to get me to doubt the Lord wanted me to correct him. In telling him this, my intent was to show him how the devil works. But he turned around and quoted the verse when a man's ways please the Lord he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with, hinting that I must not please God or have peace because if I did that wouldn't have happened. Well, I messaged my pastor and asked if God meant Satan in this verse, and he said no because there is never peace with Satan. My pastor also said, you can speak to Satan out of your peace from a posture of rest, because you know who your Father is. I told this person what my pastor said, and he said how do you know he heard from God? How does he know he'said being led by the Spirit? So, to show him my pastor was Spirit led, I told him a woman walked up to me at Kroger and said God told me to tell you to quit going to all those churches, God wants you to stay at the church and stay under your pastor and his wife. Well I was visiting many churches, so I knew she was right and I did quit going to all those churches. He told me she was a liar, and how did I know she heard of God? He said that doesn't tell me your pastor hears from God. I said how would this woman have made this up, I was attending multiple churches. I said, are you attending church because the last I spoke with you, you had left the church and called them liars, now this woman is a liar, and my pastor is a liar?
So, to sum this up, I know he and I both disappointed the Lord. Me because I argued, and Him for accusing God's children for lying. I believe the enemy was a part of his attitude, as the Bible says we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers, rulers of the darkness of this world and spiritual wickedness in high places. He called me deceived and some other nasty things. I then told him I was sorry I argued with him and I had already asked God to forgive me, and I blessed him and told him I forgive him for every negative thing he said about me. My question is how can I recognize what Satan does when he uses people to be mean? Are there things you can warn me about Satan so this doesn't happen again?
Old 11-20-2016, 07:30 PM
Senior Member Formerly ageorgantas

My advice is to stay away from this person you were speaking with on the internet. He sounds like poison. If he is masquerading as a believer, he can get close enough to hit you where it hurts. Block this person. Pray for him, but get away. He's messing with your head, and you don't need that.

Sometimes we have to stand up for God. Sometimes, it's just throwing pearls before swine. The Holy Spirit helps us to know which situation is which, but we have to be willing to listen for His voice. (This advice is as much for me as it is for you!)

Greek Girl
Old 11-20-2016, 09:29 PM

Default Greek Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek Girl View Post
My advice is to stay away from this person you were speaking with on the internet. He sounds like poison. If he is masquerading as a believer, he can get close enough to hit you where it hurts. Block this person. Pray for him, but get away. He's messing with your head, and you don't need that.

Sometimes we have to stand up for God. Sometimes, it's just throwing pearls before swine. The Holy Spirit helps us to know which situation is which, but we have to be willing to listen for His voice. (This advice is as much for me as it is for you!)

Greek Girl
Thanks Greek Girl. He kept talking about my pastor that he needed to test the spirit, so I did video tape my pastor at church today. I am going to send him the video, and I was praying asking God to speak to him and a couple of times, my pastor preached the same things I had told him in conversation. I am definitely going to be cautious, and believe God for healing him. I am already declaring that God has healed him, has exposed the wrong voice, and that he hears the voice of God.

Thank You so much for your advice. I will seek the Lord about it. God bless you!!!! 😀
Old 11-21-2016, 12:24 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

The most important tool we have is the Word of GOD.

The more we hide it in our hearts, the harder we are to deceive.

The internet is full of trolls who are actually paid to cause confusion, and then their are the ones who are just tools for the devil.

Pray for discernment and study the Word.