The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Prayer Requests and Encouraging Words

Old 12-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Senior Member Formerly ageorgantas

Default Please pray for my Egyptian friends

I don't know if I told you, but I have pretty close ties to the Coptic (Egyptian) Orthodox church near my home. I attend a Bible study there, and lately have been helping some of the newer Americans learn English on Sundays. This afternoon at my class, a lady told me that they received sad news this morning. During Sunday liturgy (our yesterday), an Orthodox church in Cairo had a bomb explode, killing many people and injuring many more. Here is a Washington Post article that I found about it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.75d2864a0b40.

Please pray for the families of the people both in Egypt and here who are devastated by this news. I don't know if you have ever met an Egyptian Christian, but I will tell you that they are some of the most loving, God-revering people you will meet. They teach their children to serve, and they know the Bible better than most Christians you will meet. Most of the ones who are here now came because of Muslim persecution.

Thank you for your prayers whether you comment or not.

Greek Girl
Old 12-11-2016, 02:23 PM
Mod-er-rator

It is a very sad day in deed.

Praying for Jesus' peace to comfort them thru this horrible tragedy and persecution.

KJV - Psa 37: 1 - 5 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Old 12-11-2016, 05:03 PM

Praying....
Luke 21:36
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. (KJV)
Old 12-12-2016, 09:00 AM

Praying......

The Sweet Psalmist
All on one thread!

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...ad.php?t=30741