The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 11-14-2009, 12:15 PM

You said we cannot eat trees - that's actually not true. There are edible parts on most trees, and have many nutrients. Inner bark is just one example of a part of a tree that is edible.

I'm just saying........
Old 11-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazerkevin View Post
You said we cannot eat trees - that's actually not true. There are edible parts on most trees, and have many nutrients. Inner bark is just one example of a part of a tree that is edible.

I'm just saying........
Yes, starvation often is caused by a lack of knowledge, not necessarily a lack of edible food.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:35 AM
Banned

IF people want to keep law, fine, but dont push it on people. Thats what I believe.
The only thing that really bothers me, is when Constantinian Christians say that Jesus "ABANDONED the law." I dont like this 'replacement theology' junk, I believe that it is bringing some serious issues. Many of these weird Christians, that I speak of, believe that Jesus was not a Jew- they read some book called the Serpent Seed. Something is WRONG with this.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:48 PM

You know what I find funny. All the posts concerning following Torah, far surpasses all other posts, in the number of hits and posts. 1000's

There is a huge desire to learn the truth. I honestly believe that this forum has squashed those that are truly seeking the truth.
Of all those that have been "banned" over this subject, they were trying to tell the truth. It fell on deaf ears, as the moderators have picked and choose who stays and who goes. It's their football.

I have read all the posts of those that have been kicked out for speaking the truth for speaking Torah. According to scripture, not one deserved it. Now I'm not privy to what goes on behind the scenes, so for that I can't speak of.

One of the first post I responded to was about the Sabbath. I truly thought this was a place that sought to bring the truth to light. I think that at this point I was wrong. I see the worlds view of religion 'Chritanity' all through this forum. It is not seperate or called out, it's just not mainstream.

I was one of two that responed to a poll that thought this forum was just like all the rest. In my opinion, It is.

We that follow Torah or the Hebrew scriptures have been called names, ostersized, placed in the same catagories as Pagans, Mormons and even cultess. Is this the religion or Christanity of today? Some members here are allowed by the mods to step on others and nothing is said in the open, while others are booted.

We have all been decieved in more ways than we can ever imagine. Scriptures has stated that even the elect will be decieved, are you above Scripture? The elect? Do you believe that you have been decieved in one form or another? I do. I am seeking the truth, if not here, somewhere else. I ask that if you think that I am on point, please respond.

Grace to all.

Lightkeeper.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:51 PM

We should be more concerned about what comes out of our mouths, than what goes into it.

Edit

Quote:
Scriptures has stated that even the elect will be decieved..
..the Bible says, "IF it were possible".

Last edited by Leonard; 11-30-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:31 PM

The rapture cult and the dispensational two house twist, are the end times deceiving snare in Luke ch 21. Sadly the whole world is going to be taken in by this colossal fraud. This CON could have never been pulled off, with out the CORP CHURCH "IE' the 2nd beast of REV the false prophet.

This migration is unstopable and is going to become bigger than any one can imagine. But then again, God has always provided for a tiny remnant.

God Bless
Bill
Old 11-30-2009, 07:25 PM

Torah keepers just never can answer one simple question - I have yet to hear a direct answer, but there is a lot of dancing around this one simple fact...

The disciples, who were physically present with Christ while on Earth, and got the teaching like no one else did - they agreed on one very simple set of rules for Gentile Christians.

Act 15:10 Now therefore why do you tempt God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples, a yoke which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

Peter then goes on to say....

Act 15:19 Therefore my judgment is that we do not trouble those who have turned to God from among the nations,
Act 15:20 but that we write to them that they should abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

He confirms it a few verses later.... after he says, and I quote....

Act 15:24 Because we have heard that certain ones who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, Be circumcised and keep the law! (to whom we gave no such command);

Act 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these necessary things:
Act 15:29 that you abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication; from which, if you keep yourselves, you shall do well. Be prospered.

Don't dance around the verdict given by the disciples AND the Holy Spirit - answer why these few things were to be followed by the Gentiles, with special emphasis on verse 24.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Banned

Any questions or concerns regarding sin, law, and grace should be directed to the Book of GALATIONS!!!!!!! It's all in there, folks, give it a peek-see.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems Hebrews was pretty clear that the believer's "sabbath" is resting in his faith of salvation, which we will eventually enter into eternal rest in Heaven, no? Our sabbath is our faith, not a law which recognize once a week. We would no more have to hold to that law than having to sacrifice a goat for the remission of sins. I mean, am I wrong?

Hebrews 4

1Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it. 2For good news came to us just as to them, but the message they heard did not benefit them, because they were not united by faith with those who listened. 3For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said,

"As I swore in my wrath,'They shall not enter my rest,'"

although his works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4For he has somewhere spoken of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all his works." 5And again in this passage he said,

"They shall not enter my rest."

6Since therefore it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly received the good news failed to enter because of disobedience, 7again he appoints a certain day, "Today," saying through David so long afterward, in the words already quoted,

"Today, if you hear his voice,do not harden your hearts."

8For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken of another day later on. 9So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 10for whoever has entered God’s rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.

11Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience. 12For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

See, our obedience is our faithfulness, not the obedience of maintaining a sabbath day once a week.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
"Of all those that have been "banned" over this subject, they were trying to tell the truth. It fell on deaf ears, as the moderators have picked and choose who stays and who goes. It's their football."

One of the banned people accused me of sin and needing repentance for not following Torah Law.

No one has actually stated which of the 100+ laws we are to keep and which ones are not relevant for today. All agreed that stoning was out.

I do not condemn those who keep Torah Law. I do resent being accused of not fully loving the Lord as in, "Those who love Me will obey Me" meaing those who love the Lord will keep Torah Law and those who don't are somehow missing the mark. Jesus was the only one who was ever justified by the Law. The Law is good but I will not follow what my forefathers themselves fell short of. I do strive to love the Lord with all my heart and my neighbor as my self by the leading of the Holy Spirit. In this is summed up the whole law of the Lord.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:39 PM

Default Lack of Tolerance

Quote:
Originally Posted by holland515 View Post
Hey Bill,
I am just a jerk wire electrician, so could you please elaborate on the above statement and tell me what the H you are talking about? I believed in the rapture until a year ago, when I began to discover new truths. Actually they are old truths new to me. So, there is a meeting in the clouds as it is spoken of many times, it's just a question of when. You call it the rapture cult, but it is many innocent people sold a particular doctrine when they are first introduced to YESHUA. I was. As a new lamb, you will believe almost anything a seasoned believer teaches you. I feel anger coming out in the post, and maybe even hatred for the poor souls lost or deceived by false doctrine presented in a very skillful way.
Many of the posts I see on this site have a type of animosity for people that don't believe as they do. If GOD judges us like that, nobody is saved. I think GOD says it best when HE tells us what he wants in Zechariah 7:9. HE specifically COMMANDS us in this verse to "Not think evil of each other in our hearts." Besides the other small and decent things he requires of us. All else is an offering.
So I ask, please explain the dispensational two house twist. I dont get it. ....Steve

Steve,

I believed for a long time in the rapture and for some reason when you believe in this doctrine there are some that are just not tolerant. But I truly could not see what they were seeing.I was thoroughly convinced. (Bill I am not saying that you are not tolerant) This behavior pushed me away from their belief even more.
I decided to really dig into Scripture and Pray about it and I would listen to Nathan until I finally started to see that my belief was wrong.
Our Lord wants us to be loving and gentle. If I had allowed it, due to the lack of tolerance, I may have never searched for the truth and just kept on believing what I had been taught for years.
But we are a work in progress.

God Bless,
Barbara