The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Preparation

Old 02-25-2010, 07:47 AM

Default E-Foods

Has anyone heard or used this company? Anyone tried their foods yet?
thanks
Old 02-25-2010, 08:27 AM

Cool

Have tried the hamburger. It was fine. My family didn't really seem to notice one way or the other, just while I was fixing it (because they didn't see me frying up the hamburger first). Used it in some recipes that called for hamburger (since it's all precooked). Noticed a little bit different taste, but not totally put off. Definitely be better than no meat at all!!
Old 11-14-2010, 05:11 AM
Banned

Hi everyone,we are starting to get into that season where the stores stock up on everything imaginal.

So what will the good deals be after the season is over and they have to liquidate excess inventory.

Two years ago I got $10 candles at Wallyworld for $.75 Wow, what a deal. But last year they had very few candles.

Someone(HappyHigdons), has meantioned the price of Turkey is very high this year. Does that mean the price will drop massively after T-Day? If so it might be a good time to stock up. Turkey freezes and cans very well.

Anyway, keep your eyes open for things that might be a good deal after the Holiday season. Think long term.

Chris

Last edited by Servant Chris; 11-14-2010 at 05:14 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:43 AM

A little suggestion. After making your turkey or chicken, make some homemade chicken/or turkey broth. This can be canned or frozen for later use.
You can add broth to anything you want to make. And you can make sure how much salt/flavoring goes into it.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:46 AM

PS if anyone has an Aldi's in there area, I suggest visiting there a lot. They get shipments of stuff in and sometimes have it marked down to nothing!
I bought a gallon of sunny D type orange juice for .25c It does not have to be refridgerated and it would be very good to have around if you run into or have any diabetics around!!

PS Ladies there women supplies are dirt cheap!!
Old 11-14-2010, 07:29 AM
Formerly known as Oregonsun

Hi everyone, I found at our Dollar Store, two boxes of wooden matches for $1and boxes of chicken broth (made in Canada) for $1. So far that is about the best I can come up with. Although this weekend the local Kroger store (Fred Meyer) has with a coupon three cans of assorted types of vegetables for $1 and a limit of 9 cans. Also they have 50% their brand of spices and seasonings.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Formerly known as Oregonsun

*****, I am so excited to see your preparations...makes us look like "pretenders" lol....any chance of showing your toliet paper stash?
Old 11-14-2010, 10:25 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonsun View Post
*****, I am so excited to see your preparations...makes us look like "pretenders" lol....any chance of showing your toliet paper stash?
Having a toilet paper stash IS good, but you could use newspaper if you had to!!!!!

Also, save those old sheets/towels as they make great rags that can be useful for a whole array of things!!
You can also buy baby wipes by the case and if you did not have running water, you could always "clean up" with them!!!!!

Don't forget matches......regular box matches(several sizes) and waterproof matches........fire starter, lighter pine, as well as flint!!!!!!!!!

***, there are sooooo many things to consider.....
"To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord, my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever'. Psalms 30:12
Old 11-14-2010, 11:07 AM

Since I buy alot of newspapers from couponing, I have TONS of newspaper. I looked up some ways to recycle newspaper and found a youtube video that showed how to make seedling starter pots out of newspaper. Someone also posted some pictures of their garden and they had laid down newspaper to keep the weeds/weeding down as well. Also recently used the comic section to wrap a gift.

I'm not sure about using in place of TP since the ink comes off, but if that's all you have...
Old 01-23-2011, 02:07 PM

Cool

Tired of cheap Chinese slave-labor junk? You still can find Yankee quality on eBay if you search under "vintage" (kind of like me) MADE IN U.S.A.
pocket comb
http://compare.ebay.com/like/2904161...=263602_309572

I bought a box of these combs after a cheap comb broke in my pocket. They feel great on the scalp and don't break in your back pocket

I also got one of these razors, brand new in the box, for about $20 MADE IN ENGLAND.
saftey razor
http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLLS-RAZOR-IMPE...item1c18b54e06

It's actually a straight razor with hone and leather strop like the barbers used to use. Learn how to use it fellas and you never have to buy blades again.