The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 01-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Watchman on the Wall

Default Solving the Conspiracy Theory Problem - Salvaging Unity

Solving the Conspiracy Theory Problem - Salvaging Unity
Nathan Leal

Brethren, running a forum is never easy. Why? Because a forum consists of people. It consists of you. The purpose of this forum is to provide a gathering place where end time believers can assemble and discuss the "matters at hand." The previous phrase, "matters at hand," consists of various topics.

If our present season was a period of "apathetic good times," the "matters at hand" would resemble topics that are easy to digest. Some of these pleasant topics would include things like: fashion, how to polish a car, building the perfect stereo, my home theater, etc.

Unfortunately, we are not living in a pleasant season where apathy is a virtue. We are now in are transitional times. This world is changing before our very eyes. The economy is changing. Governments are changing. New legislation is being written that is going to forever change our future. Bible Prophecy is also happening before our eyes. All of these changes are bringing us to one conclusion: The future is going to be challenging for all of us.

The Beast

If we believe in Bible Prophecy, then we must also believe that the prophetic cast of characters is going to be filled with unpleasant individuals. This includes the world leadership, both spiritual and political. Revelation 13 tells us that the Beast that takes over the world will be a tyrant. We are told that this end time Beast Empire will have the ability to influence and control the masses. This Beast will be allied with evil forces and deceptive spiritual leadership.

The Beast will use various tools to accomplish its evil plan including: signs in the heavens, strange fire, images that speak, the mark of the Beast, etc.

As remnant believers, we are told to be on the alert and watch. We are told to be vigilant. To accomplish this means that we must be wise and informed.

So here is the big question: how do we become informed? In order to do this, we must have the fortitude to seek out the truth. I believe seeking truth includes biblical truth as well as watching our surroundings. Seeking the truth when it comes to world events includes investigative effort. It also includes the desire to research information.

Seeking Truth

Discovering true information is a journey. An investigative journalist is very familiar with this task. Finding truth requires the effort of investigation. Investigation!

Investigation does exactly that, investigation of possible scenarios and theories to find the truth. This means that unfortunately, some of the theories will be false. But does a false lead nullify the investigation? Should it? Of course not, because until a conclusion is reached, the research will have some false information as well as true information.

And this brings me back to my original problem, in order to find truth about world events, people will have to make the effort to sift through information to discover what is really going on. We all know that until a theory is proven, it is just that: a theory.

Conspiracy Theory

Some people like to even call the investigative process: a conspiracy theory. But labeling a theory as a conspiracy does not automatically make it false.

Let us not forget brethren, that the biggest conspiracy ever to take place in the history of humanity happened to Jesus. It was through conspiracy that He was arrested, tried and convicted!

This forum consists of many flavors of individuals. Some of you are here for fellowship, some of you like to discuss biblical matters, others prophecy, and others like to discuss current events. And then there are some that like to discuss investigative conspiracy topics.

Unfortunately, for some reason, conspiracy theories seem to offend some members. Why is this? Is it that hard to believe that man is evil? Let us not forget that the Revelation 13 end time beast and false prophet will come into power through the measures of conspiracy.

The Beast

Mr. Obama came in to power in a very strange manner. He doesn't seem to be a US citizen, but that doesn't seem to matter. Who is pulling the strings in the media to squelch that story? Who is pulling the strings in Congress and in the Supreme Court to squelch that story? Is this not a conspiracy?

The US military has admitted that when a technology is introduced to the public, it has already existed for 10 to 20 years. Is this conspiracy?

I really believe that the words conspiracy theory can be a term which is used to insult investigative reporting. It seems to be a word that desires to muzzle research. Is this fair? In my opinion, most of the investigations that are labeled conspiracy theory are really top secret clandestine government operations.

My Journey

Do I dwell on these clandestine operations? No. Or at least, not anymore. Why? Because I am now awake and aware to what is going on. If I had not been exposed to some of the clandestine things that are happening, I might not have awakened with such vigilance. There are members of this forum that would also attest to the same thing.

But now that I am awake, I do not dwell on these things as much as I used to. I am hungrier for Biblical things. I am now hungrier for intimacy with God. But that is me, this is my journey.

Conspiracies Awakened Others

Brethren, I have received hundreds and hundreds of e-mails from people who tell me that their path to waking up included having their eyes opened about how evil the government really is. Before that, they were asleep and believed that the government will always take care of them and would never do anything to hurt them. But when they found out about "conspiracy theories" it made them realize that this life is serious. It also helped them realize that they needed to get closer to God and get their spiritual house in order.

And it is for this reason, that I see the value of how "conspiracy theories" can awaken a person to "stage one of the awakening." The next states that needs to occur, is spiritual growth.

Again, I know that some forum members do not care for these things. And that is okay. I really believe that if some members do not care for these things, then that is a sign that your spirit is becoming hungrier for the things of God and it needs to be fed. But feeding our spirit does not occur by complaining about the others that are a few steps behind us.

If conspiracy topics bother you, and you are hungry for Biblical matters, perhaps you need to log off the computer and go spend time with God to energize and nourish the spirit inside of you.

So how do we dwell together is my biggest question?

A New Thread Category - An Idea

So here is my idea: I am considering starting a new thread category called, "The Rabbit Hole" This category will be available for the purpose of posting threads about "clandestine government activity, black budget operations, pending dark legislation, etc." It will be a place to post some of the present threads which are in the current events and political section.

This thread category would be a safe haven to discuss things which may sound conspiratorial to others. Other forum members who find those type of things absurd, would merely have to stay out of those threads.

For those members that desire biblical matters and spiritual discussion, please populate the other forum categories with encouraging teachings and threads that are edifying. I notice that some of you have complained that Watchmanscry is lately more conspiracy than biblical. But it is not up to me to populate this forum. It is up to all of you.

I am aware that there is a scripture in the Bible that says do not fear the conspiracy. And while this is indeed true, we are are also told not to fear it.

"Do not say, 'A conspiracy,' Concerning all that this people call a conspiracy, Nor be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled." Isaiah 8:12

Your Comments

I would like your comment on this idea. Please tell me what you think. Folks, we all need each other. Can we be unified instead of fighting?

God bless you,

Nathan

Last edited by Nathan; 01-23-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Watchman on the Wall

Brethren,

Please keep in mind that the purpose of the new thread category is so that conspiracy stories that have been in the current events sections can be moved.

This will allow people to go to the current events thread and read stories without having to step on conspiracy theory land mines.

I am hoping that this will help to resolve the matter.

God bless.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Mod-er-rator

Smile

Nathan...great solution. I vote for it....
Old 01-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Watchman on the Wall

Are Conspiracy Theories Biblical?

... or in other words, does the Bible talk about them?

"And Absalom sent for Ahithophel the Gilonite, David's counsellor, from his city, [even] from Giloh, while he offered sacrifices. And the conspiracy was strong; for the people increased continually with Absalom." 2Sa 15:12

"And his servants arose, and made a conspiracy, and slew Joash in the house of Millo, which goeth down to Silla." 2Ki 12:20

"Now they made a conspiracy against him in Jerusalem: and he fled to Lachish; but they sent after him to Lachish, and slew him there." 2Ki 14:19

"And the rest of the acts of Shallum, and his conspiracy which he made, behold, they [are] written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel." 2Ki 15:15

"And Hoshea the son of Elah made a conspiracy against Pekah the son of Remaliah, and smote him, and slew him, and reigned in his stead, in the twentieth year of Jotham the son of Uzziah." 2Ki 15:30

"And the king of Assyria found conspiracy in Hoshea: for he had sent messengers to So king of Egypt, and brought no present to the king of Assyria, as [he had done] year by year: therefore the king of Assyria shut him up, and bound him in prison." 2Ki 17:4

"Now after the time that Amaziah did turn away from following the LORD they made a conspiracy against him in Jerusalem; and he fled to Lachish: but they sent to Lachish after him, and slew him there." 2Ch 25:27

"And the LORD said unto me, A conspiracy is found among the men of Judah, and among the inhabitants of Jerusalem." Jer 11:9

"There is a conspiracy of her prophets in the midst thereof, like a roaring lion ravening the prey; they have devoured souls; they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made her many widows in the midst thereof." Eze 22:25

"And they were more than forty which had made this conspiracy." Act 23:13

Conclusion: The scriptures do expose that conspiracy happens in man!

Last edited by Nathan; 01-23-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:23 PM

Good idea.
You are right some of my awakening has come from some conspiracy theories but sometimes I can only take them in small amounts. This will give me the opportunity to look at them when I can jump down the "Rabbit Hole" and be in the right frame of mind.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:31 PM

Default the rabbit hole

I think it is a good idea. Discussing these things help us understand the time in which we live. I know there is no substitute for spiritual growth but this element has definitely helped me wake up and should not be ignored.

Gabe
Old 01-23-2010, 05:34 PM

Good idea Nathan.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:46 PM

I vote yes!
Old 01-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Banned

I agree, and I hope our fellow brothers and sisters can find some peace amongst the tribulation that's falling upon us. Jesus said to be of good cheer because He has done everything we need to get through it victorious.

It's gonna be ugly, as we can already see, but He has overcome the world!
Old 01-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Banned

I agree

Everything needs to be looked at before it is either accepted or rejected or just filed away as interesting.

Walking in faith does not mean being blind. It means understanding the situation we find ourselves in and still trusting in Christ to see us through.