The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 01-24-2010, 12:27 PM

Nathan,

You are a Genius! I think that is a marvelous idea. That away if you have a member that doesn't care for that topic they don't even need to go there if they don't want to. IT will all work out, I'm sure. You are doing a good job!!!
Old 01-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Mod-er-rator

Exclamation

God is making us WARRIORS.... how do you refine silver? or strengthen steel?

Nathan's solution is brilliant. For those who do not want to go there...don't go. No one is talking about becoming a part of the evil.

But I agree wholeheartedly, We are in a BATTLE, for souls. We are going to see, experience, and yes, suffer in ways we can not comprehend. I for one, want to know what the enemy is up to, so I can WAR AGAINST IT in prayer.

I am very careful what my eyes see, what my ears hear, what I expose my mind and heart to.... Some of the things I have learned here at the forum in the last six months have shocked me....but that is good. Being moved out of my "comfort zone" to the front lines is sharpening me and making me stronger.

Last edited by HisDoulas; 11-12-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:01 PM

I agree with Nathan.

Last edited by bfowler; 01-24-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:21 PM

Lies and deception - OK, but are we not supposed to confront lies and deception, and warn others? Studying the enemy is not the same as obsessing over the enemy. There is a huge difference.

Not on topic per se - but I just found out, by accident, what a rainbow party is. Let me tell you, this kind of junk is not just shocking, but going on under our noses. So in light of conspiracies and having an area for it, I say it's needed as long as there is a biblical balance.

I'd have to bet, that if it can be thought up, it's being done in some manner. Why not discuss it?

I'm armed with the weapons of spiritual warfare, as well as a huge tinfoil hat and tinfoil body suit, so I'm ready!

Old 01-24-2010, 01:55 PM

Guard your heart and keep things in perspective is all I can say. I can relate to Streetpreacher's concerns. I've been there, looked down the rabbit hole too much and got away from it for several years.

I want to confront the lies, too. I want to pull other souls out of the fire who are being manipulated by the system. There's a need, but in all things I want to grow in Christ and have new wine in me. Keep it in perspective, no need to elaborate what that means. So with that I proceed with caution with the new thread.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and after getting away from it for several years, when the time was right, I was all for finding out about these conspiracies and exposing them.

Last edited by FreeMan; 01-24-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Watchman on the Wall

Streetpreacher and Rubicon.

I read what you said about your concerns but I have this to ask:

When you witness to someone about hell...is this not a "dark" concept? (Flames, weeping, darkness for eternity?)

StreetPreacher, in the very first post of this thread I made a statement. I have received hundreds and hundreds of e-mails from people all over the world who have said that hearing about the dark things of the New World Order woke them up. And after they woke up, they realized that they were embracing a world that was fallen and beyond repair. This realization caused them to seek a higher spiritual walk.

Is the conspiracy world dark? Indeed it is. And because it is, people should know it exists. You mentioned that these topics caused you to become spiritually dry. But with all due respect, who's fault is that? It sounds like you allowed these things to prevent you from praying and seeking God? But that could be caused by anything, even benign things like: "Bird Watching." But would that make "Bird Watching" bad?

How many people sit in evangelical churches and believe that the answer to their problem is "Fox News" and the "Republican Party?" I would say millions!!!

How many Christians are presently asleep because they believe that the great country of America can do no wrong? Again, I would say millions!

The problem with America is not just Obama! The leadership in America is corrupt and full of thieves and charlatans!

But unfortunately, most Christians do not notice this because they have not been told by their pastors. And as a result, they are walking zombies who believe in the prophetic lie of "peace - peace."

Having a "rabbit hole" where these things get exposed does not mean that we believe in the darkside, it means that these things are getting exposed!

"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them."
Ephesians 5:11

I believe that exposing the works of the New World Order is not an evil task. It is a task of vigilance.

I read some comments of concern that a category like this would become very popular. But here's my question, if exposing the works of evil is a popular category, that means that people want answers!

There are many people that have been hurt, wounded, and butchered by this world. There are many people have been lied to by their political leaders.

There are many mothers who have lost their loved ones because of wars based on lies.

Should we pretend?

Yes, we should become strong spiritually. That is what Watchmanscry is all about.

My passion and calling is to warn. It is also to challenge people to get prepared. But if people have no reason to prepare, why would they?

The End Time New World Order Beast is rising and Christians are sleeping! This is happening whether we like it or not.

In my last sermon I made a statement, Denial is not a Strategy!

During the days of the early church, Christians were thrown to the lions. everybody knew it was going on, and it caused the early church to grow with the fervor! Was this news sad and depressing? Possibly!

But what was the result of this information? It placed everyone who called themselves a Christian at the edge of a cliff. And it made them realize that they needed to be spiritually ready to fall off that cliff.

Brethren, it is time to stand at the edge of that cliff.

This world is not candy land!

Nathan

Last edited by Nathan; 01-24-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:15 PM

I think the "Rabbit Hole" is a great idea Nathan. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Watchman on the Wall

I wanted to add another thing to amend my statement above.

Having this new category is not going to change this forum.

Why??

We already have conspiracy threads in here. They are just not organized.

Having this new category would allow a partition so that those of you who do not want to read them will not have to wade through conspiracy "land mines."

Streetpreacher and Rubicon, how can organizing these topics cause problems?

They would actually help you to not have to read them in the "current events" section.

Isn't that better than how it is now?

Nathan
Old 01-24-2010, 04:04 PM

Cool Conspiracy Theories and how I dealt with them...

Nathan, I too have fought against allowing CT's into my forum. I, like you, wanted mine to be about truth, especially biblical truth. And as you well know by know, sometimes it can be very hard separating the "Truth from the Jive". Most "CT's" contain just enough truth to give them an air of legitimacy. Thats what makes them so hard to test.

Fortunetly, many of us have been blessed with Godly Wisdom and Discernment. Without those two things, we wouldn't a chance with the Father of Lies. We also have good old common sense and critical thinking. Now although these latter two are 'worldy', they do have their place in certain things. We also have knowledge of the past/history events than helps us to understand the present and future.

One thing I have on my side is my experiences before I become a follower of the Messiah. I was a jokster/prankster/liar. I was well known for pulling the wool over peoples eyes and I was VERY GOOD at it. Working as a mechanic, I once convinced a customer that they needed to change the air in their tires otherwise they would wear out from the inside. They acutally believed me and I was blown away that someone would fall for it! I was joking but because I had always been someone they trusted in the past, they had no reason to not believe me then.

After becoming a Christian, James 3:1 became a very LARGE verse for me and should be for every Christian. Jas 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation. I have always tried to teach only God's truth, not traditions of men or church doctrine.

What I did in my forum FOR conspiracy theories OR those articles we just can't be sure of but yet there is something about it that we should be aware of just in case, was to create a section just for articles like this. I called mine "True Skullduggery or Conspiracy - You Decide" and at least everyone knew how to treat it.

Let's face it, there are people like Art Bell and Alex Jones whom I lovingly refer to as "Broken Clocks". Bell and Jones are sensationalist's and I trash most of their stuff, yet once in a while, they get it right. Like a broken clock, they are right "twice a day".

One of the worst is Sorcha Faal. This 'woman' runs the site "What Does It Mean". Sad part is she does not exist. She came from the imagination of David Booth, another well know Conspiracy Theorist who has made millions writing books and making wild claims that the weak of mind fell for.

The "Rabbit Hole" sounds like a very good name for it too. Reminds me of "The Matrix". "take the red pill and let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes" lol

Yours truely
Neo

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.

Liberals UNDERESTIMATE the depravity of men, and OVERESTIMATE their own abillity to deal with it.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:18 PM

Cool in addition...

I read a couple of other posts and wanted to respond in a general way to them. YES! The idea of the "Rabbit Hole" could be bad and many have fallen for that trap and many are still wallowing in it. But having it in this forum, and in mine, the admins and moderators can keep a close eyes on it and give a good biblical response as well.

I saw people wallowing in the 9/11 conspiracy but I was able to blow all of it out of the water by a few simple statements:

"Considering all that is going on in the world, famine, floods, earthquakes, disease, pestilence, tornadoes, hurricanes, economic disaster, wars and rumors of wars, crime, the housing crisis and the fact that all of this suggests the the return of Jesus Christ is not far off... how does this theory of 'Bush did 9/11 fit in'?"

(You would be surprised how many blank stares I get from that one...LOL)

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.

Liberals UNDERESTIMATE the depravity of men, and OVERESTIMATE their own abillity to deal with it.