The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Introduce Yourself

Old 12-23-2016, 04:12 PM
Watchman on the Wall

Default New Forum is Ready for members -YAY!!

New Forum is Ready for members -YAY!!

The good news, the new forum is ready for activity.

The bad news - we were not able to migrate the content of the old forum into the now forum. Why? Because our old forum software is too old (8 years old) to migrate into the new version of software. It is version 3.7 and the latest forum software is now version 5.1.

I spoke with the vbulletin forum software folks and they said that the old forum is not compatible to migrate.

End result - We will have to start the new forum from scratch and repopulate it with threads.

But that is okay because we will have fun doing it. So I am opening it up for activity.

If you are already an active member here, you are free to go the new forum and sign up. The process will be quicker than in the past if you are already a member.

But PLEASE sign up with the SAME USER NAME so that we know who you are. As you sign up, the administrators will turn on your membership.

Again we apologize that we could not migrate but you are free to copy and paste any threads in here and post them in the new forum. I have been slowly reposting some of my old content into the new forum and you can do the same.

This task will will a small hiccup, but it will be worth it.

The features of the new forum are great and I think that you will love it. It is much more user friendly than the old forum.

the link to the new forum is here:

https://watchmanscry.vbulletin.net/

If you are not a member and you wish to join you can also go in and sign up and we will contact you.

God bless and enjoy the new forum.

Nathan